Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see no scenario where Kaep gets let go. We're not talking about Andy Dalton here. He's been a starter for two years and has already had great playoff success. I don't see the team risking letting him walk to try to restart the project through the draft.

This loss really highlighted the importance of the regular season, especially in our division. No way we would've lost this game at home. Hindsight is 20/20 but the shaky start to the season really killed us. Win any of those games and we would've had homefield.

Next season will be interesting in that we'll have a new stadium....wonder if our home advantage will improve because of it?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the playbook is obviously scaled back because of kaep's ineffective ability to read
this is the same offense they ran at stanford, they didnt air it out

the problem with this team is that roman is great at designing run plays, he doesnt design pass plays because he doesnt know how to

this offense is so great that the niners brass hired mangini to scout the offense to make sure they werent tipping their plays like they did last year

how many teams actually spend money on mangini to just watch the offense, that shows you that harbaugh isnt comfortable with the offense either

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight, some of you are going full retard with this "X QB would do fine with our weapons" talk. We all know playcalling will limit the potential of the talent we have on offense. Why the fukk you think any average QB will do the job Kaep has done with our bizarro offense? :wtf:

fukk my life, and here I am entering the QB talk :snoop:
i swear these people werent here to watch carr, jt osullivan and the other clowns this organization put at the qb spot

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saints playcalling when they blatantly ran the ball wasnt exactly the variety type either...they straight ran between the tackles

I think Fatal is onto something about ZBS, I just personally think that our oline that is so good in run blocking it shouldnt get beat in its own game...

and running the ball was key to todays game. when lynch wasnt getting shyt, hags looked bad and we looked decent with kaep running. when shyt changed in 2nd half, it was completely the opposite
niners line was beaten scheme wise, they know how to play the niners run game at home. they get that extra step and know where to go

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I see no scenario where Kaep gets let go. We're not talking about Andy Dalton here. He's been a starter for two years and has already had great playoff success. I don't see the team risking letting him walk to try to restart the project through the draft.

This loss really highlighted the importance of the regular season, especially in our division. No way we would've lost this game at home. Hindsight is 20/20 but the shaky start to the season really killed us. Win any of those games and we would've had homefield.

Next season will be interesting in that we'll have a new stadium....wonder if our home advantage will improve because of it?
restart what?

damn year the whole front 7 is signed to long term deals, the team is in place, there would be no restart

if kaep wants a reasonable amount then i want to keep him, if he demands flacco type money then goodbye

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
restart what?

damn year the whole front 7 is signed to long term deals, the team is in place, there would be no restart

if kaep wants a reasonable amount then i want to keep him, if he demands flacco type money then goodbye
cutler got more money then flacco

and a smith is about to get the same type of deal, thats the going rate for qbs now

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
this is the same offense they ran at stanford, they didnt air it out

the problem with this team is that roman is great at designing run plays, he doesnt design pass plays because he doesnt know how to

this offense is so great that the niners brass hired mangini to scout the offense to make sure they werent tipping their plays like they did last year

how many teams actually spend money on mangini to just watch the offense, that shows you that harbaugh isnt comfortable with the offense either
what does not being able to read defenses have to do with airing it out?

i dont want to air it out, but dude obviously can read a d worth a shyt, so the playbook has been scaled back

go look at the basic ass routes we run

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The playbook has been limited ever since this staff arrived, who is the QB hasn't meant much. There's no indication things would change with just a decent QB
the whole thing is 'just a decent qb' will command far less money. of course, if 'just a decent qb' commands 11 milly by himself then theres no point.

lets put it this way, combined boldin, bowman and willis make 16 million. I know this isnt quite a fair comparison due to fact bo and pat are signed long term, but a 16m contract demand by kaep is realistic enough

paying same amount for 3 pro bowl caliber and maybe even future hof candidate players vs paying for potential and young, raw player. this really comes down to how much one values the qb position above others. personally, I don't at all.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what does not being able to read defenses have to do with airing it out?

i dont want to air it out, but dude obviously can read a d worth a shyt, so the playbook has been scaled back

go look at the basic ass routes we run
this offense looks the same when smith ran it, nothing has been scaled back. roman doesnt draw up pass plays