Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
restart what?

damn year the whole front 7 is signed to long term deals, the team is in place, there would be no restart

if kaep wants a reasonable amount then i want to keep him, if he demands flacco type money then goodbye
So you really think a midround rookie QB would do be able to step in and do a better job than Kaep right away :what: ?

Sorry breh but this is seriously reactionary posting. Don't see how you look at the time Kaep has started( season and a half) his results( 3 playoff road wins, and very close to a historic SB comeback win) and say you're ready to give up on dude for a rookie. Especially after being forced to watch Alex Smith for 7 years.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you really think a midround rookie QB would do be able to step in and do a better job than Kaep right away :what: ?

Sorry breh but this is seriously reactionary posting. Don't see how you look at the time Kaep has started( season and a half) his results( 3 playoff road wins, and very close to a historic SB comeback win) and say you're ready to give up on dude for a rookie. Especially after being forced to watch Alex Smith for 7 years.

he didnt watch alex smith

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Wait WTF??? I had to just let all this settle down..... I scroll down and see someone talking about Kap should be let go.... fukk these niccas talking about in here:dahell:
its business talk breh. people have no problem talkin about whitner or los or quan being let go...why should kaep be any different ?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its business talk breh. people have no problem talkin about whitner or los or quan being let go...why should kaep be any different ?
because those guys are older and easier to replace

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

if kaep demands a shyt load of money then yea

u win with defense or a top 4 qb doesnt anyone understand that?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

See I missed that too?? Who that fukk agrees with that?? You rollin with any of these ideas?

Also..... man...... not sure if yall be on the facebook NFC WEST Trash Talk room but some of these Seattle fan white dudes getting out of had

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

I dont really understand why we cant draft a guy and sit him behind kaep next year...its the same situation that kaep was in...if we could it do it with kaep and make a swtich, why cant we hedge our potential loss with a rookie ?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont really understand why we cant draft a guy and sit him behind kaep next year...its the same situation that kaep was in...if we could it do it with kaep and make a swtich, why cant we hedge our potential loss with a rookie ?
the problem with having a rookie is that your losing a roster spot, basically your going to have 3 qbs on the roster with mccoy

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alex got 7 seasons, how's that comparable at all? I have no problem with drafting a QB because having a backup with potential would be nice, but I think its pretty straight forward that Kaep has shown enough to make keeping him a priority.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
the whole thing is 'just a decent qb' will command far less money. of course, if 'just a decent qb' commands 11 milly by himself then theres no point.

lets put it this way, combined boldin, bowman and willis make 16 million. I know this isnt quite a fair comparison due to fact bo and pat are signed long term, but a 16m contract demand by kaep is realistic enough

paying same amount for 3 pro bowl caliber and maybe even future hof candidate players vs paying for potential and young, raw player. this really comes down to how much one values the qb position above others. personally, I don't at all.

I get it breh. I don't want to overpay for Kaep either. I think we are fukked regardless of what happens because to me, this notion that we will be fine with a decent QB replacing him is :mindblown:

An average guy doesn't win those games in Atlanta and Green Bay (home and away). And yes, judging how important those wins are for Kaep's new contract is VERY debatable but people are talking that it almost doesn't matter how is the QB when the big wins we've had in the last 2 post season show that we AT LEAST need a guy who can create stuff on his own.

If it comes down to showing Kaep the bushes (which I don't think Baalke will do unless he has a Shaub-like meltdown next season) because he wants to much money, fine. But I'm not gonna be happy or looking forward for our offense if an average/slightly above avg QB or a 3rd round pick replaces him.