Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I'm far from impressed with Whitner's play. Most of the penalties are BS but he's out here whiffing tackles, losing guys in coverage.. it happens way too often.

I'd like to see him gone, but he actually played better this year than in his pro bowl year last season.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Honestly, I'm far from impressed with Whitner's play. Most of the penalties are BS but he's out here whiffing tackles, losing guys in coverage.. it happens way too often.

I'm all for letting the guy go but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know who is out there to replace in FA. And can we get a rookie to do his job? Whitner normally fukks up 1 or even 3 plays a game but he's pretty solid overall. Thing is, "solid" shouldn't translate in a dangerous contract.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
drafting a MLB with our 2nd round pick is silly imo
both pat and bo are signed for at least 5 years
so to draft a MLB in 2nd round just for a year as a rookie is downright silly imo
wilhoite did well for pat, him and moody will step up.

we need to make some DB decisions for sure tho. if los doesnt restructure, hes gone, and I think brown is gone. with that said, the CB FA market is super deep. tons of guys hitting it and I can see brown coming back to us for much less. like goldson situation :heh:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was weird too because we had incorporated screens since the Arizona game and didn't even try it once this game. But who I'm a kidding, nothing is weird when it comes to out playcalling, shyt HAS to be bizarro when we most need it. Sometimes it actually works but It's frustrating as fukk when we lose games like this.

What I wanna see is what we do with Lattimore. This season I was hyped as fukk with Frank, Kendall and LMJ and we did JACK shyt with them in terms of creativity. Lattimore, Kendall and Frank sounds enticing on paper too but really, I expect nothing new to be done.

At this point I think we need a losing season or just miss the playoffs for Harbaugh to say fukk it and make real adjustments. As good as a he is, it's still kinda understandable that he keeps thinking this is the right way when we've been 1 play away from the SB or a fukking ring.

It's really frustrating man. I feel like we abandon a large portion of the playbook and I don't understand why. I'm still sour at the SB debacle.

Whitner is a fukkboy. Can't stand him.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think he was. the most open option was patton right at LoS, who was short dumpoff option and the DB basically disrespected him by playing way off... boldin was more open than crabs and there was a slight window for vd but it really would take an excellent pass

the only reason I dont like the throw kaep made to crabs is that it was against sherman and because he really hasnt shown he can make these throws consistently at all, much less against a top corner...

Yeah I'm now reading that Boldin was pretty open... More open than VD. Still think the pass should have went to Patton. You got 30 secs left and 2 TOs you could play it safe.

You haven't been testing Sherman all night no reason to test him there.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

i hate whitner's game. the big hits draws ooh and aahs but he gets beat too much. having a cover safety like reid back there helped masked his deficiencies but it's not enough when we dont get pressure on the qb. it's either replace him with a better cover safety or upgrade at the CB, i personally rather get rid of him to avoid those hitting penalties that he seems to get every game.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drafting a MLB with our 2nd round pick is silly imo
both pat and bo are signed for at least 5 years
so to draft a MLB in 2nd round just for a year as a rookie is downright silly imo
wilhoite did well for pat, him and moody will step up.

we need to make some DB decisions for sure tho. if los doesnt restructure, hes gone, and I think brown is gone. with that said, the CB FA market is super deep. tons of guys hitting it and I can see brown coming back to us for much less. like goldson situation :heh:
theres no guarantees bowman comes back, knee injuries are hard to predict. u got peterson then u got guys like manningham and yatil green

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Now that I think about it, Whitner is like a DeAndre Jordan in many ways. He's better at his position but the similarities are apparent. There's a lot of chatter and his hits draw a lot of :scusthov: reactions much like Jordan's dunks.. but you take that out of it and you are left with a guy who fukks up a lot of simple shyt... we don't need to be overpaying him.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
theres no guarantees bowman comes back, knee injuries are hard to predict. u got peterson then u got guys like manningham and yatil green
I just dont think were investing a really high pick in a ILB until we know bowman cant come back down the road. I dont see a problem with spending a 4th or even 3rd if theres a guy we like, but 2nd is just way too high for a potential rent-a-rookie...

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
That's just not rational. Dump Kaep next year for the 3rd round QB you just drafted? Yall act like a stiff can walk in and get us to the playoffs. :heh:. If you're going to sign Kaep this year you're going to have to commit to him for longer than a season. If not, then don't sign him. Your replacement better step in immediately and take us further.
we dont have to sign him to a contract yet

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
I gotta stop reading this thread a lot of blasphemous sh!t being said in here Football is a opportunity game this wasn't our year we had a lot of bad breaks this game and this year overall a good season and a lot to look forward to.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I'm now reading that Boldin was pretty open... More open than VD. Still think the pass should have went to Patton. You got 30 secs left and 2 TOs you could play it safe.

You haven't been testing Sherman all night no reason to test him there.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. There was just no need to throw to Crabs there.