Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there is no reason we shouldnt be putting up a shyt load of points with davis, quan, crab, patton and gore

to see the talent and watch this offense stall is disgusting

That's both on Kaep, Roman/Harbs but I'd put more blame on the coaching staff. It's pathetic how we have all these weapons and don't seem to know how to use them. Sometimes it feels like the playbook is missing 3/4 of its pages.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you dont abandon it tho

lynch wasnt doing shyt in the first half, they keep giving him the ball

they just ran different variations of the inside zone and lynch was able to hit the cutback a few times

You do if:

a) it's getting shut down
b) you have 0 imagination in your run plays

I find Roman abandons the run rather quickly but you don't get tired of seeing the same useless run plays that good defenses sniff out rather easily?

He better incorporate some screens next year.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Someone was asking why Vd was upset at the end of the game supposedly he was open close to the goal line

Thanks breh. I knew it had to something like that. It's was such a rookie mistake by Kaep. He locked on his boo and didn't care or realized he was going against Sherman. That's way too hard of a task when you have other weapons but oh well...

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shocker

kaep cant read pass his first read in the pocket

Yep. He didn't need to make that throw. He's got to do a better job of finding the open guy. Hopefully this comes with experience.

I don't think he's a 1 read QB, though. Just tends to lock on to receivers at times.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks breh. I knew it had to something like that. It's was such a rookie mistake by Kaep. He locked on his boo and didn't care or realized he was going against Sherman. That's way too hard of a task when you have other weapons but oh well...

Well Patton was def open and VD may have been open so yeah it's def frustrating.

Matt maiocco was saying kap pre determined his throw to Crabs because of the coverage he saw pre snap

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Yep. He didn't need to make that throw. He's got to do a better job of finding the open guy. Hopefully this comes with experience.

I don't think he's a 1 read QB, though. Just tends to lock on to receivers at times.
if he doesnt improve next year just let his ass go

thats why i believe it is so important to get a qb this year in a very deep draft, decent ones will be around in the 3rd

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
sign kaep, sign boldin, lets rodgers go, get rid of whitner, draft a DB and MLB with our first pick and second pick and then an olineman with our third pick. we still have our core players so we'll be back for the super bowl hunt.

and look for a new offensive coordinator :pacspit:. i'm sick of roman's predictable bullshyt drive killing plays.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You do if:

a) it's getting shut down
b) you have 0 imagination in your run plays

I find Roman abandons the run rather quickly but you don't get tired of seeing the same useless run plays that good defenses sniff out rather easily?

He better incorporate some screens next year.

It was weird too because we had incorporated screens since the Arizona game and didn't even try it once this game. But who I'm a kidding, nothing is weird when it comes to out playcalling, shyt HAS to be bizarro when we most need it. Sometimes it actually works but It's frustrating as fukk when we lose games like this.

What I wanna see is what we do with Lattimore. This season I was hyped as fukk with Frank, Kendall and LMJ and we did JACK shyt with them in terms of creativity. Lattimore, Kendall and Frank sounds enticing on paper too but really, I expect nothing new to be done.

At this point I think we need a losing season or just miss the playoffs for Harbaugh to say fukk it and make real adjustments. As good as a he is, it's still kinda understandable that he keeps thinking this is the right way when we've been 1 play away from the SB or a fukking ring.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if he doesnt improve next year just let his ass go

thats why i believe it is so important to get a qb this year in a very deep draft, decent ones will be around in the 3rd

That's just not rational. Dump Kaep next year for the 3rd round QB you just drafted? Yall act like a stiff can walk in and get us to the playoffs. :heh:. If you're going to sign Kaep this year you're going to have to commit to him for longer than a season. If not, then don't sign him. Your replacement better step in immediately and take us further.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Someone was asking why Vd was upset at the end of the game supposedly he was open close to the goal line
I dont think he was. the most open option was patton right at LoS, who was short dumpoff option and the DB basically disrespected him by playing way off... boldin was more open than crabs and there was a slight window for vd but it really would take an excellent pass

the only reason I dont like the throw kaep made to crabs is that it was against sherman and because he really hasnt shown he can make these throws consistently at all, much less against a top corner...