Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We shot ourselves in the foot dropping BJ Daniels, he was a perfect fit for our offense. I would actually see if we could get Josh Freeman or Mike Vick.

Not missing BJ Daniels. One thing is for certain...we need a better backup than mcCoy and draft a QB who will be an insurance policy for Kaep in case he shyts the bed.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
one thing I dont get is that teams can run on seattle...but gore would always get stuffed. yeah hes old lost power, speed etc but you have guys like ingram gaining good yards on seattle. its not like their oline is better than ours in run block. I know they key in on gore and will continue to key in on our rbs but still..

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree Kap has a better arm than most RO QBs but Wilson has better decision making. We need to get Kap to make better decisions but the RO with our running backs freezes most defenses. The issue with Seattle is that Caroll has built a defense built specifically for stopping power teams and pass heavy teams. Kap can also run out of it unopposed due to his combination of length and speed. If we make him a pocket QB it cuts his skillset in half.

I feel like the read option kinda stunts Kaep's development from being more of a pocket passer. I really would like to see a new OC that can work with Kaep. Dude doesn't trust what he sees right now and I'm not sure if that will get better with time and experience or if he just won't ever understand it. We need to find that out sooner rather than later so we can find his replacement if he hits a development wall.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
one thing I dont get is that teams can run on seattle...but gore would always get stuffed. yeah hes old lost power, speed etc but you have guys like ingram gaining good yards on seattle. its not like their oline is better than ours in run block. I know they key in on gore and will continue to key in on our rbs but still..

Our run plays are generic as fukk though. Even the Saints were moving the ball with a bit more variety than us.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
gave up on running the ball after the first few series

thats why roman needs to go

kaep obviously can pass to save his life yet, hopefully in due time

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its because those teams use a zone blocking scheme, niners do a lot of pulling. basically seattles linemen are beating the niners linemen to the point

thats why they need to teach this team to zone block just in case the pulling is getting stuffed

its not franks fault he had 14 yards on 11 carries, literally he was getting hit right after receiving the ball. this shyt has been happening in seattle over and over, they never adjust. these pulling plays work on grass at home but not this stadium

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nope Roman would be dumb to leave unless they offered him a huge paycheck and a 4 year guaranteed contract.

I disagree Kap has a better arm than most RO QBs but Wilson has better decision making. We need to get Kap to make better decisions but the RO with our running backs freezes most defenses. The issue with Seattle is that Caroll has built a defense built specifically for stopping power teams and pass heavy teams. Kap can also run out of it unopposed due to his combination of length and speed. If we make him a pocket QB it cuts his skillset in half.

If we already dropped the RO is because our staff knows that the QB will get killed at some point (it's just too dangerous) or because they don't think it's worth it.

At some point the defenses wont freeze anymore and will attack the QB no matter what. I don't want Kaep running around unless he needs to and I much rather see him work his ass off on his precision than trying to find a way to fool NFL defenses for 16-19 games with a gimmick offense. It's not worth it imo.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
its because those teams use a zone blocking scheme, niners do a lot of pulling. basically seattles linemen are beating the niners linemen to the point

thats why they need to teach this team to zone block just in case the pulling is getting stuffed
we run a lot of outside zone

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was a joke, what i meant was this team will go to the offs no matter what with any qb cause of the D

there is no reason to overpay for kaep

I don't believe that, though. You're selling Kaep a bit short by saying any QB can get us to the playoffs. I get what you mean, though.

And yes, I don't think anyone wants to overpay Kaep. We all want hi to get a deal that won't cripple us and will enable us to toss him if he falls off.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe that, though. You're selling Kaep a bit short by saying any QB can get us to the playoffs. I get what you mean, though.

And yes, I don't think anyone wants to overpay Kaep. We all want hi to get a deal that won't cripple us and will enable us to toss him if he falls off.
yea lets see colt do that

the fact is this team is flawed and adjustments are never made

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

there is no reason we shouldnt be putting up a shyt load of points with davis, quan, crab, patton and gore

to see the talent and watch this offense stall is disgusting

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
that doesnt work with frank, frank needs to go straight foward
not saying its good or bad, im just saying we run it

and you dont teach outside zone without going over inside first, so we have it in the playbook

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gave up on running the ball after the first few series

thats why roman needs to go

kaep obviously can pass to save his life yet, hopefully in due time

Run game wasn't doing shyt because our run game is generic as fukk. Need to get Hunter more involved too.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Run game wasn't doing shyt because our run game is generic as fukk. Need to get Hunter more involved too.
you dont abandon it tho

lynch wasnt doing shyt in the first half, they keep giving him the ball

they just ran different variations of the inside zone and lynch was able to hit the cutback a few times