Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i agree with all

I wonder how much crab is gonna ask for?

if kaep wont take that type of money, we should let him go after this year, cant be fukked by a terrible qb contract like half these teams

like i said before we will draft a qb in the 3rd regardless of kaep taking a contract or not mettenberger or mccarron will be around and this team can win with them because of our D

if we draft a rb that will let us know that lattimore is not ready. hunter while i love him is not a power back and gore is at the end

We shot ourselves in the foot dropping BJ Daniels, he was a perfect fit for our offense. I would actually see if we could get Josh Freeman or Mike Vick.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think bono comment was that retarded. bono's team made offs with a good defense.

this defense can carry any offense, just like seattle and arizona's defense.

So we're going to draft a QB that will be like Steve Bono? Didn't get the comment and I don't think his Bono comment was a positive one on Bono. Anyways I don't want to talk about this.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Forget the notes on this game. We had bad breaks but we could have won this game and we didn't our season is over and now we're spectators.

Here's what I think we should do moving forward:

Resign Kap NOW. He give him a long term cap friendly contract. Something like 5 years 60-65 milly contract 1/3 of it guaranteed. Not unreasonable for either side. He's not worth top 5 money but it will make him rich and give is come flexibility to build a team around him.

We need to resign Boldin 2 year contract, cap friendly.

We need to start transitioning Frank Gore to the #2 role or cut his snaps. Dude ran out of gas. He also needs to restructure.

We need to TRADE LaMichael James, his role on our team is pointless and there are really no snaps for him if he package him and a 7th rounder no reason we get less than a 4th. Dude is talented but in our division finesse is useless. We play smash mouth football.

Commit to the read option.

Vance McDonald needs to practice with the WR and really work on his hands, if he can catch better he could be a gamebreaker.

We need to pick a center with an early draft pick and if not pick the nastiest guard available and make him a center, maybe do both.

Goodwin has to go, he has played good but he is likely to retire.

We need to spend our 1st rounder on a CB, our safeties were very solid, Reids rookie mistakes aside, we can get a good one with the 3rd rounder or 4th rounder still

Resign Donte Whitner dude has been awesome.

Carlos Rodgers has to go.

We won't be able to keep Tarell Brown

See if we can keep Perrish Cox, underrated depth corner.

That's all I can think of.

YES, please. If Baalke can pull that shyt off with Kaep :blessed:

I don't think Boldin signs a 2 year contract. Might have to front load it so we can cut him or trade him when we need the cap space.

We better hope Lattimore can be Frankie 2.0.

Yep, trade his ass. We are never gonna use him as a Sproles type of player (don't even know if he can play that role either) so :camby:

fukk NO. We went away from it for a reason. Read Option is not the answer to our problems. Kaep will get killed if we commit to it and even if we do some magic shyt like last's year playoffs, teams will adapt and feast on us by Week 5 or 6.

I hope he can get better at that. I don't really remember how good Delanie looked his rookie year. If Vance can keep improving, we will be dangerous.

Pretty sure Baalke knows he gotta draft a legit starting material Center.

Yeah... he gone.

That's our top priority.

Ehhh, only if we get him for a cap friendly contract. He seems like they kind of guy who will take a major drop on performance once he gets the contract he wants.

He gone too :camby:

Yeah, I'm fine with that too. Culli and the high draft pick should replace Brown nicely.

We should, I think we won't...

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the thing is our team is kinda stacked already so its tough to see who should we pick...plus the staff is conservative in its handling of jobs- its like theres a 'competition' but guys who know the system always end up winning the job.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
So we're going to draft a QB that will be like Steve Bono? Didn't get the comment and I don't think his Bono comment was a positive one on Bono. Anyways I don't want to talk about this.
he said that this team can get to playoffs with this defense and bono at qb. I dont disagree.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i agree with all

I wonder how much crab is gonna ask for?

if kaep wont take that type of money, we should let him go after this year, cant be fukked by a terrible qb contract like half these teams

like i said before we will draft a qb in the 3rd regardless of kaep taking a contract or not mettenberger or mccarron will be around and this team can win with them because of our D

if we draft a rb that will let us know that lattimore is not ready. hunter while i love him is not a power back and gore is at the end

We will not draft a runningback, we don't need to, I thin Hunter is ready to start, Gore is still a great RB, I think Lattimore is ready. Maybe an UDFA or a 6th or 7th rounder at most.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
The only think he was right about was not breaking the bank on Kaep. The Bono comment was downright retarded.

it was a joke, what i meant was this team will go to the offs no matter what with any qb cause of the D

there is no reason to overpay for kaep

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I feel very shytty for two players- Gore and Bowman
father time finna catch up with Frankie eventually :to: he really should have a ring

Bowman...who knows how he'll be after surgeries :to:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
We will not draft a runningback, we don't need to, I thin Hunter is ready to start, Gore is still a great RB, I think Lattimore is ready. Maybe an UDFA or a 6th or 7th rounder at most.
i was saying if we draft a rb that tells me lattimore aint ready

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
First things first.. about next year, we need to get home field next year if we want to have any chance. It's asking way too much to go out on the road and try to win in Green Bay, Carolina and then Seattle. We were one play away from the Super Bowl again but fukk me it was a TALL ORDER. Then we still would have had to face Peyton. It's just too much to ask.

Anyway, I now turn my attention to the draft and the rest of the offseason. Should be very interesting.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
So will Cleveland hire G-Ro?

Nope Roman would be dumb to leave unless they offered him a huge paycheck and a 4 year guaranteed contract.

YES, please. If Baalke can pull that shyt off with Kaep :blessed:

I don't think Boldin signs a 2 year contract. Might have to front load it so we can cut him or trade him when we need the cap space.

We better hope Lattimore can be Frankie 2.0.

Yep, trade his ass. We are never gonna use him as a Sproles type of player (don't even know if he can play that role either) so :camby:

fukk NO. We went away from it for a reason. Read Option is not the answer to our problems. Kaep will get killed if we commit to it and even if we do some magic shyt like last's year playoffs, teams will adapt and feast on us by Week 5 or 6.

I hope he can get better at that. I don't really remember how good Delanie looked his rookie year. If Vance can keep improving, we will be dangerous.

Pretty sure Baalke knows he gotta draft a legit starting material Center.

Yeah... he gone.

That's our top priority.

Ehhh, only if we get him for a cap friendly contract. He seems like they kind of guy who will take a major drop on performance once he gets the contract he wants.

He gone too :camby:

Yeah, I'm fine with that too. Culli and the high draft pick should replace Brown nicely.

We should, I think we won't...

I disagree Kap has a better arm than most RO QBs but Wilson has better decision making. We need to get Kap to make better decisions but the RO with our running backs freezes most defenses. The issue with Seattle is that Caroll has built a defense built specifically for stopping power teams and pass heavy teams. Kap can also run out of it unopposed due to his combination of length and speed. If we make him a pocket QB it cuts his skillset in half.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
We shot ourselves in the foot dropping BJ Daniels, he was a perfect fit for our offense. I would actually see if we could get Josh Freeman or Mike Vick.
if crab and boldin come back plus vernon and patton, you dont need a running qb

there is no reason this team shouldnt be able to pass the ball that is top 5 wr group in the league