Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 killer plays that won't get talked about a ton

1) Russ scramble long pass completed to Baldwin. I know it was a tough play for our DBs but Jesus that was awful how could they let Baldwin get behind them

2) Baldwin long kick off return. Once again special teams lets us down

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
2 killer plays that won't get talked about a ton

1) Russ scramble long pass completed to Baldwin. I know it was a tough play for our DBs but Jesus that was awful how could they let Baldwin get behind them

2) Baldwin long kick off return. Once again special teams lets us down

Thats what hurts the most. Its like we aint learned nothing from super bowl.

Play with Jacoby Jones (catch over Culliver and run for td)

Kickoff for td start the second half

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt like that after last year and we actually made it to the NFC Championship again. At this point I know that if we enter the playoffs, we can get far.

Now, with this injuries and the people we'll have to let go, I think we are due for an 8-8 or 7-9 type of season :manny:

Yeah it's the NFL things fluctuate and change from year to year unfortunately we are going to have a down year one of these years. As fans we've been incredibly luckily to watch this team the last three years but It's hard to get back to this level

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the turning point surely was the 4th and 7 play. I love aldon but him and brooks seem to live on that line of offside to gain extra advantage...shyt wasnt needed at all there, especially on 4th down. los got cooked on that throw, but that throw wasnt going to be made if he doesnt jump, period.

Im pretty proud of our D otherwise (besides couple of bad safety plays on baldwin and lynch they were great)
offense, tons of question marks. kaep was having a pretty good game but those picks in the end are inexcusable, especially the first one. the second one shouldnt have been made, it was out of hurry up and in general you just dont throw that floating stuff on sherman. most of picks kaep throws are actually ones he tries to put touch on.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea. You'd think that next year will be a difficult year and we're not getting back this far. Having Seattle in our division is killer. The Rams and Cards are not slouches either. I think last year was our real chance which is why I lost my mind lol. A lot of shyt coming back to bite us though. Our weak corners. Whitner getting burned and playing on the edge. Our O problems. Man we really needed that homefiled andvantage.

I think we would have had a shot against the Donkeys.

This low key the Cardinals are gonna be a problem next year, they might be the 10-6 team no one talked about, including beating the Seahawks at home.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Forget the notes on this game. We had bad breaks but we could have won this game and we didn't our season is over and now we're spectators.

Here's what I think we should do moving forward:

Resign Kap NOW. He give him a long term cap friendly contract. Something like 5 years 60-65 milly contract 1/3 of it guaranteed. Not unreasonable for either side. He's not worth top 5 money but it will make him rich and give is come flexibility to build a team around him.

We need to resign Boldin 2 year contract, cap friendly.

We need to start transitioning Frank Gore to the #2 role or cut his snaps. Dude ran out of gas. He also needs to restructure.

We need to TRADE LaMichael James, his role on our team is pointless and there are really no snaps for him if he package him and a 7th rounder no reason we get less than a 4th. Dude is talented but in our division finesse is useless. We play smash mouth football.

Commit to the read option.

Vance McDonald needs to practice with the WR and really work on his hands, if he can catch better he could be a gamebreaker.

We need to pick a center with an early draft pick and if not pick the nastiest guard available and make him a center, maybe do both.

Goodwin has to go, he has played good but he is likely to retire.

We need to spend our 1st rounder on a CB, our safeties were very solid, Reids rookie mistakes aside, we can get a good one with the 3rd rounder or 4th rounder still

Resign Donte Whitner dude has been awesome.

Carlos Rodgers has to go.

We won't be able to keep Tarell Brown

See if we can keep Perrish Cox, underrated depth corner.

That's all I can think of.

i agree with all

I wonder how much crab is gonna ask for?

if kaep wont take that type of money, we should let him go after this year, cant be fukked by a terrible qb contract like half these teams

like i said before we will draft a qb in the 3rd regardless of kaep taking a contract or not mettenberger or mccarron will be around and this team can win with them because of our D

if we draft a rb that will let us know that lattimore is not ready. hunter while i love him is not a power back and gore is at the end

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
the turning point surely was the 4th and 7 play. I love aldon but him and brooks seem to live on that line of offside to gain extra advantage...shyt wasnt needed at all there, especially on 4th down. los got cooked on that throw, but that throw wasnt going to be made if he doesnt jump, period.

Im pretty proud of our D otherwise (besides couple of bad safety plays on baldwin and lynch they were great)
offense, tons of question marks. kaep was having a pretty good game but those picks in the end are inexcusable, especially the first one. the second one shouldnt have been made, it was out of hurry up and in general you just dont throw that floating stuff on sherman. most of picks kaep throws are actually ones he tries to put touch on.

We have been spoiled this season, our defense played well but the Seahawks were able to exploited the one or two chinks in our armor and their homefield advantage minimized our overall momentum. I agree Kapenick should not have played hero ball and as much as it hurts to say an more Alex Smithian approach (throwing the checkdowns on both of those plays) and we win the game.

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

I agree we played pretty well minus a couple of big plays. The defense held.up all game and im proud of them for that. The receivers just didnt get open enough and while it was good that Kap made plays with his legs, we needed to be a monster passing the ball as well. I had a feeling it would come down to Kap's arm. He made good plays and even tho we came up short im glad we put up a fight. We'll be back

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he had Patton open near the sideline. Take what the D gives you.

Also I'm really frustrated they don't run screens.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The only think he was right about was not breaking the bank on Kaep. The Bono comment was downright retarded.
I dont think bono comment was that retarded. bono's team made offs with a good defense.

this defense can carry any offense, just like seattle and arizona's defense. it's been proven.

but if we break bank on kaep and get a defense that isnt dominant...we'll have to rely more on offense...and right now, its not a good proposition imo

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a huge kap supporter but bruh cost us the game. shyt was all on him. Gonna take this ban an come back for the combine and draft. What we going after? C, SS, WR, CB, and LB?

All the shyt that happened in that game you can't put it on one person. He should share some blame though. He was good at times and bad at others.

We have a lot of work to do but we got a lot of picks so instead of those cutesy picks that HarBaalke likes...lets get some sure players that can help us now and down the road.