Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's the sprint option out play...a WCO staple. We usually run it to Crabtree (or at least we did a lot last season). VD was the read the whole time. He DE is supposed to be unblocked in hopes that he over pursues on the play.

The problem is the DE doesn't fully commit to the fake, so he's able to recover, and even though VD is "Open" in the flat, because the pressure is coming it doesn't give Kap time to look up for a better option.

I think, had Manningham run a curl on this play to hold the LB's, then VD would've been able to score.
mario is the main offender on the play (imo bad route altogether), but with kaeps armstrength, a throw into boldins vicinity results in an easy TD. I understand its basically a one-read play but if we want kaep to progress as a passer, we want him to at least see quan all alone out there

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Im far less optimistic about this game than many of you, Ill say. I think defense will get their job done, not so sure about the offense. we always have problems going against good defenses.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
think we get at least one screen pass on offense this week? :lolbron:
we tried it once in GB and they sniffed it out, and we stopped lol

we absolutely have to try screens/short passes/slants/quick passes in order to counter the aggressiveness of that front 7. if we dont, we play right into their strengths

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
we tried it once in GB and they sniffed it out, and we stopped lol

we absolutely have to try screens/short passes/slants/quick passes in order to counter the aggressiveness of that front 7. if we dont, we play right into their strengths

that was one of the worst looking screen plays ive ever seen too...

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that was one of the worst looking screen plays ive ever seen too...
I didnt think it was that bad, it looked like the same exact screen we have ran to boldin the last few weeks, problem was GB knew it was coming.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I didnt think it was that bad, it looked like the same exact screen we have ran to boldin the last few weeks, problem was GB knew it was coming.

I think that was the second screen play. I thought they threw one earlier to Boldin with success?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think that was the second screen play. I thought they threw one earlier to Boldin with success?
youre prolly right, I havent re-watched the GB game yet, work been killing me this week

Daps
Im far less optimistic about this game than many of you, Ill say. I think defense will get their job done, not so sure about the offense. we always have problems going against good defenses.

You also saw Green Bay as an easy game.

I think as much as you're right, on paper this is one of the games that seems tougher, I just think their overall inexperience will cost them and i'm pretty confident in getting the W.

I think our D will do it's job and shut them down and the addition of Crabs and Vernon all game will be enough to put us over the top. I also got a feeling this o-line is gonna pitch a gem, I think they got a lot to prove after the last Carolina game and we know that we really can't win unless this line is playing well

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You also saw Green Bay as an easy game.

I think as much as you're right, on paper this is one of the games that seems tougher, I just think their overall inexperience will cost them and i'm pretty confident in getting the W.

I think our D will do it's job and shut them down and the addition of Crabs and Vernon all game will be enough to put us over the top. I also got a feeling this o-line is gonna pitch a gem, I think they got a lot to prove after the last Carolina game and we know that we really can't win unless this line is playing well
I didnt say its an easy game, wont ever be one for our team with the way we play football...but yes I had a much better feeling for the GB game, just off their D being wack. some of offensive struggles against GB were worrying, because CAR D is dozen times better and some of mistakes that went unpunished last week will be punished in this game.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Niners played a good game against the Cards, and they have a legit defense.
Seriously, tho, how can a defense stop:
Vernon
Quan
Crabs
Patton
Gore
...for an entire 60 minutes?

Conversely, the Panthers are slim when it comes to WR/offensive weapons.
I

Daps
Vernon
Quan
Crabs
Patton
Gore

Conversely, the Panthers are slim when it comes to WR/offensive weapons.
I

Why add Patton in there, that dudes done all of nothing

I had a good feeling about him but he hasn't stepped up at all, always injured, 1 play season

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Vernon
Quan
Crabs
Patton
Gore
arizona defense is a diffrent beast, Id say. even then, the fact that we had all weapons and only scored 23 on packers D without matthews and their best corner....I can ask you the same thing. we were awful against falcons swiss cheese D in first half as well, when we should have been blowing them out on paper.

football isnt played on paper breh. Im fairly certain defense will win this game- it aint even a question for me. question is whose defense