Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Last game the Niners did a good job Containing Smith.
They still have Ginn who can stretch the field, tho...........?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Last game the Niners did a good job Containing Smith.
They still have Ginn who can stretch the field, tho...........?
ginn is a one-trick pony usually, at least on plays that dont break down. we have fast cbs who are trained not to give up a big play

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
When Aldon gets resigned we will have the 2 best Ilb's and 2 top 10 olb's signed for a long time

:blessed:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
webzone got a thread breaking down the panthers game and I couldnt help but laugh at this gif

3_zpsd01c0b6a.gif

this is the play VD got hurt on. this is our offense executing at our worst. Mario fails to run the clear out route. anthony davis decides to block patrick swayze (although it helps sell the fake). boldin and ham nearly run into each other while WIDE open and kaep is locked in at VD, who ends up tackled short and leaves with a concussion :snoop:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
webzone got a thread breaking down the panthers game and I couldnt help but laugh at this gif

3_zpsd01c0b6a.gif

this is the play VD got hurt on. this is our offense executing at our worst. Mario fails to run the clear out route. anthony davis decides to block patrick swayze (although it helps sell the fake). boldin and ham nearly run into each other while WIDE open and kaep is locked in at VD, who ends up tackled short and leaves with a concussion :snoop:

That's the sprint option out play...a WCO staple. We usually run it to Crabtree (or at least we did a lot last season). VD was the read the whole time. He DE is supposed to be unblocked in hopes that he over pursues on the play.

The problem is the DE doesn't fully commit to the fake, so he's able to recover, and even though VD is "Open" in the flat, because the pressure is coming it doesn't give Kap time to look up for a better option.

I think, had Manningham run a curl on this play to hold the LB's, then VD would've been able to score.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We should win this game. We got VD, Aldon, Crabs back. Will we win? :whew:

Daps

3_zpsd01c0b6a.gif

Yeah, that's fukking frustrating to watch.

Now at least we got Crabs and VD for him to be locked in on