Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
When he made that break, I thought "fukk he's gonna block this"

But remember, we don't lose if it's blocked. It was 20-20.

He was offsides. If you rewatch the game you can hear the referee say something like, "The Field Goal Is Good"; He was basically saying that the defender was offsides and that the Niners didn't want the penalty, so the game is over.

Also, these last 3 weeks have felt like the 2012 SF Giants world series run...Torture City.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man the chemistry between Crabs and Colin :whew:

tough game on Sunday, Steve Smith being hobbles and Crabs being back gives us the advantage IMO.

We have to fix the TO thing, we can't blow them at the rate we did last week.

Running the ball is going to be tough for both teams, we need to have controlled blitzing schemes that keep Newton in the pocket. Can't allow him to escape and run or make big plays with his arm. Their defense is stout hopefully the line gives colin time and we can take advantage of some favorable matchups we have in the secondary. VD should be huge as their LB's can't cover him and they can't double because of Quan and Crabs. I don't even think VD played in the earlier game. I just remember our backup TE dropping that ball in the 4th quarter

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Man the chemistry between Crabs and Colin :whew:

tough game on Sunday, Steve Smith being hobbles and Crabs being back gives us the advantage IMO.

We have to fix the TO thing, we can't blow them at the rate we did last week.

Running the ball is going to be tough for both teams, we need to have controlled blitzing schemes that keep Newton in the pocket. Can't allow him to escape and run or make big plays with his arm. Their defense is stout hopefully the line gives colin time and we can take advantage of some favorable matchups we have in the secondary. VD should be huge as their LB's can't cover him and they can't double because of Quan and Crabs. I don't even think VD played in the earlier game. I just remember our backup TE dropping that ball in the 4th quarter

VD left early with a concussion in that game.

Honestly, we shouldn't look at that game as an indicator as to how this game is going to go. Carolina has had 2 weeks to gameplan, so I expect them to be on point. That defense will be ready. We'll have to execute on offense and be sharp as well. There's no doubt in my mind that we will be, but I don't think it'll be another 10-9 game.

Carolina can run the ball, and even though they don't have any "big name" receivers on the outside, they work well within that offense. Olson will also be a key. If we can bottle him up and get pressure on Cam, that'll work to our favor, I think.

Can't wait for this game. Hopefully, we get LMJ in on a few plays. I think this last game he got in on one play and was relegated to pass blocking.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/report-vikings-redskins-reach-out-to-greg-roman/

Coaches whose teams played in the Wild Card round can interview for head coaching jobs this week and it looks like the Redskins and Vikings are adding one to their lists of candidates.

Albert Breer of NFL Network reports that both of those teams have reached out to 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman and that there “could be” interviews coming with both of those teams. Roman couldn’t be hired until after the 49ers are done playing and Roman could opt to wait until then to take any interviews, assuming, of course, that there are still jobs to interview for at that point.

Roman has spent the last three years running San Francisco’s offense and was on Jim Harbaugh’s staff at Stanford before making the move with the head coach to the NFL. He helped transition from Alex Smith to Colin Kaepernick at quarterback last season and has gotten the 49ers offense back on track this year after it fell into the doldrums in the middle of the season.

Washington and Minnesota have both built sizable lists of potential hires over the last week with both teams focused on NFL coordinators looking to take the next step up the ladder.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I really want to retain tomsula, dude is a fukking G. letting vic go might be a problem too, but I think he laid a good foundation and a next dc can be a bit more creative, provided he gets some help in the secondary

tomsula tho :(

• Dap
Reactions: dza

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, Tomsula is one of the key pieces in our coaching staff, I would hate so see him go :damn:

I hope Roman gets a HC job somewhere :blessed:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Like I told you all, it was going to be a W. I'm surprised by how close the game was. It looks like it's become like the 1990s in reverse when we kept beating you all in the playoffs and now we stand no chance vs you all in those moments.

Good luck rest of the way

Daps
I really want to retain tomsula, dude is a fukking G. letting vic go might be a problem too, but I think he laid a good foundation and a next dc can be a bit more creative, provided he gets some help in the secondary

tomsula tho :(

I think if Vic goes we promote Tomsula or Jim Leavitt to DC

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
its pretty interesting wright didnt play a single snap on sunday on D. cox played a ton, since we basically spent all but 9 plays in the game in our nickel package. lol dorsey played 9 snaps

Daps
its pretty interesting wright didnt play a single snap on sunday on D. cox played a ton, since we basically spent all but 9 plays in the game in our nickel package. lol dorsey played 9 snaps

I think Wright was hurt too, they played Cox and he came up big, if he didn't I could have seen them going to Wright in emergency.

The d-line did a great job on Sunday