Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

we all know that getting pressure on aaron is key, but this stat right here puts it into perspective

Just to piggyback off of that...

The San Francisco 49ers don't often blitz. In fact, since the start of last season, they have the lowest blitz rate of any team in the NFL.

However, when it comes to Aaron Rodgers, the 49ers are aggressive on the blitz, which means they rush five or more defenders. It will be interesting to see if the 49ers continue to put pressure on Rodgers on Sunday when the two teams meet in a wild-card game at Green Bay.

Rodgers usually fares well against the blitz but not against the 49ers. Since Jim Harbaugh took over the 49ers in 2011, they are 3-0 against the Packers.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Rodgers' Total QBR against the 49ers when blitzed in the past three meetings is 8.0. In Week 1 this season, Rodgers was 1-for-6 with an interception when blitzed by Vic Fangio's defense.

Typically, Fangio doesn't like to blitz. His team has blitzed 17.9 percent of the time since the start of last season. It's something about that Fangio blitz that gets to Rodgers. Since the start of last season, he has completed 59.5 percent of his passes and averaged 8.1 yards per attempt against every other blitz. Those numbers fall to 52.8 percent and 4.4 yards against the 49ers.

I would think, based on past success, the 49ers will test Rodgers early with some blitzes to see if the history repeats itself.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3913/will-49ers-continue-to-blitz-rodgers

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
good win, but really much more close that in needed to be.

I wasnt happy with our pass game at all, too much passing for my liking too. kaeps leg game saved our asses more or less, aside of course from our D which was beasting most of the game.

lets get los and eazy back out there for next weeks game. great thing is that besides aldon I dont think we suffered any injuries today, which was big for this temperature

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, waaay to much passing for my liking too. I hope this GB game was the last of Roman going retard this playoffs, we gonna have to find ways to run the ball against the Panthers.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man this game though!!!

I'm ready for this game against the Panthers. Now stronger and healthier on Offense we gonna really see what the Panthers are about.

Haters act like they completely dominated and kicked our ass but I ask how?

We had a lead for like 50+ mins, Carolina ain't even get a lead until like 6 mins in the 4th. We just made some costly mistakes.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Man this game though!!!

I'm ready for this game against the Panthers. Now stronger and healthier on Offense we gonna really see what the Panthers are about.

Haters act like they completely dominated and kicked our ass but I ask how?

We had a lead for like 50+ mins, Carolina ain't even get a lead until like 6 mins in the 4th. We just made some costly mistakes.
we are almost the mirror image of the panthers. strong front 7, suspect secondary, overall elite defenses
shytty offensive teams that rely on clock grinding, not turning the ball over and timely big plays.

whoever makes the least mistakes on offense will win :manny:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game next week is a coin flip to me I think we have more playmakers on offense though. Obviously our OL vs. their DL will be the key match up. They roughed us up last time. Usually the offense struggles the second time they face a defense they've already played, but I'm hoping we breakout this game.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Game next week is a coin flip to me I think we have more playmakers on offense though. Obviously our OL vs. their DL will be the key match up. They roughed us up last time. Usually the offense struggles the second time they face a defense they've already played, but I'm hoping we breakout this game.
think their dline will get the best of us again, def. in pass pro

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh btw I'm really happy that Kap has lead the team to two consecutive game winning drives. I now finally few comfortable when we are behind or tied late in games.