Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Its gonna be closer than we want it to be. Rodgers is back and that'll matter even though we've beaten them with him before

I really think its gonna be some wild shyt like the snow/cold weather that'll give them the edge if for some reason we don't pull this victory off.

On paper we're the better team and have shown that beating them in the last few meetings, but I just hope Kap is ready to step up and make some

big boy throws because its not gonna be as easy as we want it to be

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Faulk making some good points on NFL network right now.

Matt Ryan threw the ball on us.
Palmer just threw for 400 yards on us.

Once again, the secondary getting a little soft late in the year due to a lack of pass rush. I`d honestly like to see Lemonier out there in some creative packages to help bolster the rush
see I dont get the whole 'lack of pass rush' part
we bring a ton of pass rush with just 3-4 people.

part of the reason why ryan was able to throw on us was short passes that were turned into huge gains by bad tackling, kinda like that colts game

people love to say we dont get pass rush, but theres still pressure out there, even in todays game, its just palmer didnt panic and was checking down and shyt....uncharacteristically of himself

people need to understand that the reason we drop most in coverage is because secondary is weak. I watch fangios blitzes closely and like 75% of the time we blitz when we desperate and like 90% of the time the qb just hits a checkdown for a short catch by a back/receiver who then turns it into a first down

this team just isnt made for blitzing. or at very least it requires a beli-like mind.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:bryan:

not again like last year

i just feel like teams know that this team is going to stay in a zone and scheme for that, fangio was known as a blitzer before he came to sf

it might be time to do that
not happening, like Ive said. we barely blitz at all and everytime its near disaster except for that falcons play which was really lucky (if douglas doesnt bobble the ball its a first down because of big cushion by DBs) in retrospect.

any time we bring a safety to blitz a good qb (and rodgers certainly is far above 'good qb') will expose us easily

what we run is actually perfect for rodgers and GB, because the D seemed to fluster him every game in last 3 games we've played.

Daps
I do feel we have Rodgers number that is true.

While we do get pressure, I feel like we need to start getting some sacks.

I feel like Aldon been pretty disappointing this season.

Daps
8.5 sacks in 10 games is pretty damn good fam. :manny:

I should have phrased it, he's been pretty disappointing since returning from his little vacation. And he played in 11 games this year.

He had 4.5 sacks in 3 games before he left the team, and then 4 sacks in 7 games after. In 6 of his final 8 games, he didn't register a sack. Also he didn't register a single FF this season.

Also only 16 fukking tackles since he came back.

Since he went away, VERY disappointing

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I should have phrased it, he's been pretty disappointing since returning from his little vacation. And he played in 11 games this year.

He had 4.5 sacks in 3 games before he left the team, and then 4 sacks in 7 games after. In 6 of his final 8 games, he didn't register a sack. Also he didn't register a single FF this season.

:ehh:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
personally I think aldon has been just fine, tons of pressures, and some very athletic/awareness plays like the one today where he just got the dude by his feet.

my thing with aldon is I think he doesnt condition much (pure speculation on my part), I know it sounds weird but he seems to be out of gas often. when he is subbed more he is far more energetic and efficient out there.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

He should start drinking again :manny:

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
personally I think aldon has been just fine, tons of pressures, and some very athletic/awareness plays like the one today where he just got the dude by his feet.

my thing with aldon is I think he doesnt condition much (pure speculation on my part), I know it sounds weird but he seems to be out of gas often. when he is subbed more he is far more energetic and efficient out there.
Aldon has been fine. He regularly gets pressures and QB hits. Sometimes, those are more effective than Sacks because they make the QB throw the ball before he wants to. How many times did Carson Palmer overthrow a receiver yesterday because of pressure? The mental aspect of possibly getting sacked/hit works, so in that respect Aldon is doing his job.

I would, however, like to see more of CL and Aldon on the field at the same time. If we have any exotic packages, I think we break them out in the playoffs. Staley had a good quote post game yesterday. He essentially said that they practice and rep a lot of stuff during the season and decide to break it out at the right time (he was specifically talking about his pass play, but you can apply it to other plays as well), so I'm thinking we'll have some plays that haven't even been seen yet.