Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
what happened today wasnt franks fault, there was literally nothing. gb is going to have to choose whether there stopping the run or pass because they cant stop both. either way kaep is going to have to win this game, his two best nfl games are against gb. im really excited in kaeps faith in quentin, quentin dropped one third down and caught the other one to seal the game. quentin will be very important, they need another weapon

Nah i`m not blaming today on Frank.

I`m just saying there's been stretches this year where Frank looks worn down.

I`m just hoping we get one last good run, cause he's had weeks where he looked very good too. Seems like it's been up and down

I`m not crazy about Quinton doing anything in the playoffs, he had 2 catches. It's whatever. I was high on Patton too but i`m not gonna make a lot out of 2 catches

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah i`m not blaming today on Frank.

I`m just saying there's been stretches this year where Frank looks worn down.

I`m just hoping we get one last good run, cause he's had weeks where he looked very good too. Seems like it's been up and down

I`m not crazy about Quinton doing anything in the playoffs, he had 2 catches. It's whatever. I was high on Patton too but i`m not gonna make a lot out of 2 catches
frank does look worn down, im wondering why hunter is losing playing time, he played a lot last year.

i just hope the weather doesnt suck too much

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
only if the saints beat philly and seattle

Go Eagles and Seagulls then. I wanna see at least one game at the Stick before it's over..... :to:

I'll take pictures of it next week just in case when I'm out there.

Definitely going to the new Stick next season though. :banderas:

Daps
frank does look worn down, im wondering why hunter is losing playing time, he played a lot last year.

i just hope the weather doesnt suck too much

I`m really fine with the weather, team is built for that honestly.

I just hope we can play a clean game and get to Rodgers, that's how you beat GB is getting to Rodgers and shaking him.

I think it`ll be a good game either way though, maybe we go back to the read option stuff and give the Packers a 2nd test to see if they are ready for it again.

Two dudes I expect to beast is Boldin and Davis.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I mean if youre GB and you look at our offense wtf do you gameplan for ?

you go back last year first game of season at lambeau, we beat them by running the ball a lot, defense doing well.
then we go to offs and kaep kills them on read option
then we go back to the stick in reg season and kaep and q just go ballistic after GB D decided to play zone and stop the run

I think they'll try and make kaep beat them again...but honestly that D isnt that good. we just have too many weapons for them to cover. boldin, crabs and vd on the same field is a handful

on D side, you know what you're getting. rodgers would get success against our secondaries, but not the type of success you'd expect- pretty modest and very few big plays. we get an advantage in that arod is still rusty. we aint a chicago-type black hole of a defense.

Daps
I mean if youre GB and you look at our offense wtf do you gameplan for ?

you go back last year first game of season at lambeau, we beat them by running the ball a lot, defense doing well.
then we go to offs and kaep kills them on read option
then we go back to the stick in reg season and kaep and q just go ballistic after GB D decided to play zone and stop the run

I think they'll try and make kaep beat them again...but honestly that D isnt that good. we just have too many weapons for them to cover. boldin, crabs and vd on the same field is a handful

on D side, you know what you're getting. rodgers would get success against our secondaries, but not the type of success you'd expect- pretty modest and very few big plays. we get an advantage in that arod is still rusty. we aint a chicago-type black hole of a defense.

That's why I say on paper I think we are clearly better and should win. Our D is so much better than Chicago's.

But to me, I just get a bad feeling about it. Like a few bad breaks, momentum, some goofy shyt.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's why I say on paper I think we are clearly better and should win. Our D is so much better than Chicago's.

But to me, I just get a bad feeling about it. Like a few bad breaks, momentum, some goofy shyt.
look at it this way. this is playoff football. you can go from eliminated to alive and chance to win it all in one play (ask ravens last year about it lol)

we arent really a boom/bust 'mood swing' team. we wont beat a good team by a ton on a whim even when everything is clicking, so the game will be close. there always can be a little thing ruining and losing the game for us :manny: but thats for pretty much any team out there that plays in close games.

Daps
look at it this way. this is playoff football. you can go from eliminated to alive and chance to win it all in one play (ask ravens last year about it lol)

we arent really a boom/bust 'mood swing' team. we wont beat a good team by a ton on a whim even when everything is clicking, so the game will be close. there always can be a little thing ruining and losing the game for us :manny: but thats for pretty much any team out there that plays in close games.

Yeah I think we can easily win, my football brain says we should win, but it's just a hunch.

To me it's 50/50 with a little something siding towards Green Bay. But i`m convinced it's gonna be a very good gamr

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I think we can easily win, my football brain says we should win, but it's just a hunch.

To me it's 50/50 with a little something siding towards Green Bay. But i`m convinced it's gonna be a very good gamr
kaep has to win one again, they have to choose to stop the run or pass, they cant do both

kaep needs to kill them with his arm and use his scrambling speed when the play breaks down and make them pay

gb doesnt have much speed on their front 7 so the game is made for kaep to succeed

it would be funny if the read shyt actually worked this upcoming game

:russ:

Daps
kaep has to win one again, they have to choose to stop the run or pass, they cant do both

kaep needs to kill them with his arm and use his scrambling speed when the play breaks down and make them pay

gb doesnt have much speed on their front 7 so the game is made for kaep to succeed

it would be funny if the read shyt actually worked this upcoming game

:russ:

Yeah, I think it would be hilarious if the shyt that didn't work all year, opened up again against GB to knock em out. Would be comedy.

I think you might be right, game might come down to Kaep having to make a few big plays, but I really think if the running game doesn't show up it could prove to be our downfall

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I think it would be hilarious if the shyt that didn't work all year, opened up again against GB to knock em out. Would be comedy.

I think you might be right, game might come down to Kaep having to make a few big plays, but I really think if the running game doesn't show up it could prove to be our downfall
if the running game doesnt show up that means there stacking the line which means another big game for boldin, crabs, and vd
gb cant stop the niners run game without 8-9 man fronts, there not good enough

Daps
Faulk making some good points on NFL network right now.

Matt Ryan threw the ball on us.
Palmer just threw for 400 yards on us.

Once again, the secondary getting a little soft late in the year due to a lack of pass rush. I`d honestly like to see Lemonier out there in some creative packages to help bolster the rush

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Faulk making some good points on NFL network right now.

Matt Ryan threw the ball on us.
Palmer just threw for 400 yards on us.

Once again, the secondary getting a little soft late in the year due to a lack of pass rush. I`d honestly like to see Lemonier out there in some creative packages to help bolster the rush
:bryan:

not again like last year

i just feel like teams know that this team is going to stay in a zone and scheme for that, fangio was known as a blitzer before he came to sf

it might be time to do that