Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Ok, I kinda get what u are saying. BUT winning that turnover ratio game by game is a key to the 9ers success (especially when we had Alex Smith) Our D would bail us out of bad situations.

Yes pressures and hurries disrupt offenses, BUT they aren't absolutes. When u have players like Russel wilson, Cam, Brees that can all make plays under prssure and that can make plays with their feet, sacks come in handy to dead plays.

I'm not diminishing the importance of pressures, but sacks, strip fumbles, INTs etc is how we eat
Im not trying to say those things arent important, but a pass rusher does the job if he causes a pressure or get a hit on the qb even if hes able to throw the ball away. obviously turnover ratio is king, but HOW you get it is another story. most of football stats are extremely context-driven. a qb trips and goes to fetal position, you tag him and you get a sack out of thin air whereas pass rusher shyts on the tackle, gets his hand on the qb and qb is able to baarely throw it away...no sack, nothing, just incompletion for the qb

as a cumulative stat, of course sacks and picks matter.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
When Aldon was out, our pass rush suffered; that's a fact. Lemenoir was servicable and able to get pressure, but he's no Aldon Smith. This last game Aldon didn't have 1 sack but was credited with I believe 4-5 pressures. He had more pressures by himself than the rest of the defense combined.

I think Kap knows he's not getting that Flacco money, absent some huge turnaround from now until the Superbowl where he plays out of this world. Crabtree will be another issue, though. He'll want to get paid top 5 money, so a decision will have to made. I'm thinking that if we keep Kap, we have to keep Crabs; As this year has shown, they go hand in hand...at least for Kap.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
When Aldon was out, our pass rush suffered; that's a fact. Lemenoir was servicable and able to get pressure, but he's no Aldon Smith. This last game Aldon didn't have 1 sack but was credited with I believe 4-5 pressures. He had more pressures by himself than the rest of the defense combined.

I think Kap knows he's not getting that Flacco money, absent some huge turnaround from now until the Superbowl where he plays out of this world. Crabtree will be another issue, though. He'll want to get paid top 5 money, so a decision will have to made. I'm thinking that if we keep Kap, we have to keep Crabs; As this year has shown, they go hand in hand...at least for Kap.
obviously lemonier is no aldon (at least yet) but him and skuta filled in very well for him. its not a fact that our pass rush suffered.

packers game-3 sacks, 2 hits, 13 hurries
hags game -3 sacks, 2 hits, 16 hurries
colts game- 1 sack, 7 hits, 7 hurries
rams game- 6 sacks, 4 hits, 18 hurries
texans game - 1 sack, 3 hits, 16 hurries
cards game- 1 sack, 4 hits, 14 hurries
titans game- 3 sacks, 4 hits, 11 hurries
jags game -2 hits, 9 hurries
panthers game- 3 sacks, 2 hits, 20 hurries
saints game- 1 sack, 2 hits, 12 hurries
skins game- 7 sacks, 2 hits, 14 hurries
rams game- 3 sacks, 4 hits, 11 hurries
hags game- 2 sacks, 0 hits, 9 hurries

now, lets say you dont know when aldon was absent, do any numbers besides the jags game (a laugher) stand out for you ?

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol yo that Harbaugh to Texas rumor might be one of the dumbest rumors I have ever heard. Yes, a successful NFL coach with a loaded roster will leave to go coach a college team. imagine Harbaugh dealing with them good ol boys at texas lmao not a good fit. The Niners will lock Harbs up in due time

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Lol yo that Harbaugh to Texas rumor might be one of the dumbest rumors I have ever heard. Yes, a successful NFL coach with a loaded roster will leave to go coach a college team. imagine Harbaugh dealing with them good ol boys at texas lmao not a good fit. The Niners will lock Harbs up in due time
yeah it makes zero sense. harbs is paid a lot, the team president is so thankful to him he probably can give him a handjob (no homo), the team just been to a superbowl, is about to make the playoffs again, players still love him (although maybe not as much as before but still), hes yet to throw anyone whatsoever under the bus, in fact he never came close to even pointing fingers in the media. and he just groomed a young qb....I mean :why:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yeah and the harbs to USC rumor was even worse :heh:

an extension is on the way. crazy to think that he's the 3rd highest paid coach in his own division :mindblown:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Niner brehs yall think you guys will re-sign D Whitner?

i doubt it. this'll be his last big contract and he's gonna want to get paid like goldson did. we got too many other valuable players with contracts expiring soon to re-sign him for what he wants

Daps
obviously lemonier is no aldon (at least yet) but him and skuta filled in very well for him. its not a fact that our pass rush suffered.

packers game-3 sacks, 2 hits, 13 hurries
hags game -3 sacks, 2 hits, 16 hurries
colts game- 1 sack, 7 hits, 7 hurries
rams game- 6 sacks, 4 hits, 18 hurries
texans game - 1 sack, 3 hits, 16 hurries
cards game- 1 sack, 4 hits, 14 hurries
titans game- 3 sacks, 4 hits, 11 hurries
jags game -2 hits, 9 hurries
panthers game- 3 sacks, 2 hits, 20 hurries
saints game- 1 sack, 2 hits, 12 hurries
skins game- 7 sacks, 2 hits, 14 hurries
rams game- 3 sacks, 4 hits, 11 hurries
hags game- 2 sacks, 0 hits, 9 hurries

now, lets say you dont know when aldon was absent, do any numbers besides the jags game (a laugher) stand out for you ?

Yeah. I said it a couples weeks back, you have to give it up for how the defensive depth has really stepped in big time for this team.

Sure Lemonier wasn't Aldon, but he wasn't bad and for the most part we didn't miss a beat.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
i doubt it. this'll be his last big contract and he's gonna want to get paid like goldson did. we got too many other valuable players with contracts expiring soon to re-sign him for what he wants
Sho breh. Cause I wanted my Eagles to sign him. We could use his physicality and hitting in our secondary. But I wouldn't be down with giving him a big contract tho.