Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
I disagree, but it depends on the defense. Seattle plays a lot of single high safety, you need a safety who can cover the back end, and they play their strong in the box a lot.

I do see the advantage of making those guys interchangable, though.
But Earl is best of both worlds at FS. He is a hitter and a playmaker. I still hate that my Eagles passed on him to take Brandon Graham. :russ::to::damn:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Whitner has gone on record saying that he wants to stay in SF, and even if it means a modest contract.
yea I think its possible, it has to be a really modest contract tho.
I think both the team and whitner like each other

whether its contract year or playing next to a much smarter FS in Reid (probably both), Whitner has really stepped it up this year in coverage, like really stepped it up. plus the safety class is pretty poor from what Ive seen. so I wouldnt mind this actually after really hating whitner last year.

I can see them working something out for whitner for at least one more year, I dont think donte needs tons of money as he was a top 10 pick. anyway, it'll be all up to him more or less whether he wants to take very small contract.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
yea I think its possible, it has to be a really modest contract tho.
I think both the team and whitner like each other

whether its contract year or playing next to a much smarter FS in Reid (probably both), Whitner has really stepped it up this year in coverage, like really stepped it up. plus the safety class is pretty poor from what Ive seen. so I wouldnt mind this actually after really hating whitner last year.

I can see them working something out for whitner for at least one more year, I dont think donte needs tons of money as he was a top 10 pick. anyway, it'll be all up to him more or less whether he wants to take very small contract.

Agree if Whitner keeps playing like this we need to work something out because the safety class this year is weak past the 1st couple of picks. I think Reid doing his thing helps, like I said these two are going to make WRs a little scared TO LIVE.

On a side note Ronnie Lott gives Reid a thumbs up, I hope Reid visit dude over the summer to get some insights, because this kid could be special.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_24720847/49ers-rookie-safety-eric-reid-playing-like-veteran

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
lol, when he sees that vet min offer hes out of here

Disagree all the pieces are in place for this dude to succeed, our system favors a safety like him, he is a mentor to younger DBs, he is still in his prime, and he arguably has a chance to win a SB here. Eric Reid has actually cut his responsibilities in half and he has clearly worked on his coverage. He'll make decent money here, but the chance to win is too enticing. Dude is a player.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
But Earl is best of both worlds at FS. He is a hitter and a playmaker. I still hate that my Eagles passed on him to take Brandon Graham. :russ::to::damn:
I remember that draft. When the Eagles jumped right in front of Seattle, I was sure they were taking Earl. I did the :whew: when they didn't. The story was that Seattle already had a trade in place to trade back in the first, but when Earl was there they had to take him. :myman:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Couldn't watch the 2nd half but much needed win. Now we need to beat the Falcons at home on MNF and rest some guys in Week 17.

Is Frankie OK? Read he was limping in the 4th qt :sadcam:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Couldn't watch the 2nd half but much needed win. Now we need to beat the Falcons at home on MNF and rest some guys in Week 17.

Is Frankie OK? Read he was limping in the 4th qt :sadcam:

we can't rest in wk 17 if arizona keeps winning.