Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with healthy justin smith anyone not named manny or parys can rush the passer, Im convinced. aldon is great but what Ive seen from skuta and lemonier was good and they are dirt cheap. plus one more fukkup from aldon and were looking at suspension every time he does something stupid. lemonier in particular has impressed me, kid will be very good in a year or two, word to @MMSex

iupati is one of the best run blocking guards in the league and we already are meh on offense. defense can take a hit here and there as long tank can replace justin.

and you know Im a defense first guy, so that should tell you something. aldon will be much more expensive than iupati too. we might be able to keep kaep and iupati, but not kaep and aldon

i disagree, the passrush was shytty when aldon was gone. he makes it all go, teams have to pay attention to him justin is not a elite passrusher, just bullrusher. lemonier hasnt shown enough to put the niners fate on his back, hes just not good enough.

we have to be realistic, kaep aint getting a big deal, maybe resigning all 3 is possible somehow. plus with aldons troubles he wont be able to ask as much as before. its gonna be a interesting offseason

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
i disagree, the passrush was shytty when aldon was gone. he makes it all go, teams have to pay attention to him justin is not a elite passrusher, just bullrusher. lemonier hasnt shown enough to put the niners fate on his back, hes just not good enough.

we have to be realistic, kaep aint getting a big deal, maybe resigning all 3 is possible somehow. plus with aldons troubles he wont be able to ask as much as before. its gonna be a interesting offseason

I disagree Lemonier is a problem, maybe he is not as talented as Aldon but dude may have a better head on his shoulders, but time will tell. Dude is a rookie and was handed a lot of responsibilities real early and was better than the numbers he put up.

Kap is still gonna be worth 15 milly a year at least, people blame coaching and again his skillset is still elite even if mentally there are questions.

We are going to make some hard decisions in the next year or two.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

lets just agree to disagree then. I thought pass rush was just fine with aldon gone, we got good pressure on qbs
and justin smith not a good pass rusher ? :whoa: he makes so much shyt happen man, those borderline holds and stunts is how aldon eats

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree Lemonier is a problem, maybe he is not as talented as Aldon but dude may have a better head on his shoulders, but time will tell. Dude is a rookie and was handed a lot of responsibilities real early and was better than the numbers he put up.

Kap is still gonna be worth 15 milly a year at least, people blame coaching and again his skillset is still elite even if mentally there are questions.

We are going to make some hard decisions in the next year or two.

there aint no way hes getting 15 mil, he doesnt even have the numbers to back it up

lemonier might have a better head, lemonier has a better head then haley and lt but that doesnt mean hes gonna be as good or better. you can just see aldon is on another level, most sacks in his first 3 years since they kept records of it.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
there aint no way hes getting 15 mil, he doesnt even have the numbers to back it up

lemonier might have a better head, lemonier has a better head then haley and lt but that doesnt mean hes gonna be as good or better. you can just see aldon is on another level, most sacks in his first 3 years since they kept records of it.
sacks are one of the most overrated stats in football along with interceptions. pressures, man, pressures. its all about the presssures

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Yes I agree Aldon is a freak but out pass rush will survive without him.

Kaps numbers are irrelevant any team could see dude is very talented, and I can assure you a middling.team will see that as a bargain. Even if he is not worth 15 milly to us, he is worth that to a team hungry for a QB, and that is a bargain for a good free agency QB. Dude still avgs about 16 yds a throw which is nothing to scoff at, plus he he is so athletic.

Daps
49ers talking about Wrestlemania coming to Levi's Stadium.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-3...at-Heart/f7e31576-b819-4718-a1c9-1a91c3e5c5f7

Bubba Ventrone
Favorite Wrestler
“Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart was my favorite wrestler growing up.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“I’d wrestle against Mankind in a cage match. It would be incredible.”

Wrestling Name
“It would have to be Bubba something, I don’t know, maybe just ‘Bubba.’”

Finishing Move
“I love the sharpshooter, but it would be a figure-four leg-lock."

Quinton Patton

Favorite Wrestler
“I liked The Rock and ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin. But I liked the Hardy Boys, too.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“I’m not doing that. But if it’s for fun, I’d like to be in a three-man tag match with The Hardy Boys versus The Dudley Boys and somebody else.”

Wrestling Name
“That’s a good question. I don’t know, call me, ‘Young Crab.’”

Demarcus Dobbs

Favorite Wrestler
“The Rock, no doubt. Loved the trash talk, he didn’t care. He brought enthusiasm, he brought the People’s Elbow, just everything. I always wanted to be like him.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“Who did I hate the most, hmm. It would probably be me against Triple H with The Rock at ringside to keep things straight. He could be the guest referee.”

Wrestling Name
“Ooh, that’s a hard one. There’s a lot of them I could choose from. I don’t want to sound corny. I would say, ‘The Reaper.’ I would be a good guy with a bad guy’s name. It would draw me to more people.”

Finishing Move
“I think I would put a lot of them together since I know so many. It would probably be some type of special DDT. Yeah.”

Daniel Kilgore
Favorite Wrestler
“Dusty Rhodes, ‘The American Dream.’”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“It would be against Goldberg and then Sting would come down from the rafters and we’d have a handicap match against Goldberg. And, we’d win.”

Wrestling Name
“Let’s see… ‘The Hillbilly,’ just because of my accent.”

Finishing Move
“Top rope frog-splash into a half-nelson. I’d make them tap out. Or, it could be a frog-splash off the top rope, then I get them into a ‘Boston Crab’ and they tap out."

LaMichael James

Favorite Wrestler
“It’s probably The Rock.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“Somebody that’s not good. Kurt Angle.”

Wrestling Name
“It would be, 'He Hate Me.'”

Finishing Move
“’The Tap Out,’ that would be the name of it.”

Craig Dahl

Favorite Wrestler
“My favorite wrestler was Randy ‘The Macho Man’ Savage.’”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“It would be against ‘Big Poppa Pump’ Scott Steiner.”

Wrestling Name
“It would be ‘The Dahl-ly Lama.”

Finishing Move
“Off of the top of a cage, a back-flip on to someone in a ‘Hell in the Cell’ match.”

Anthony Dixon
Favorite Wrestler
“Goldberg.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“I’d would be against Goldberg and it would be a cage match. I used to love the cage matches.”

Wrestling Name
“Bat-dog-rilla.”

Finishing Move
“I used to love the spear and when he would hold them up, what did they use to call that? ‘The Jackhammer?’ Yeah, I’d use that. Bow!”

McLeod Bethel-Thompson

Favorite Wrestler
“Rey Mysterio Jr. He had a giant-killer phase where he went through and beat a bunch of bigger guys. He was just awesome for a while. He was a high-flyer, used to jump off ropes, lucha libre-style. I liked him because of that.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“I would never want to be in a WrestleMania match, never in my life. But, for the sake of the question, it would be me and Colt McCoy in a tag-team match. No, it would me versus Goldberg. At the end of the match we could both line up for the spear and go see who wins.”

Wrestling Name
“Baltazar. It’s my middle name. My full name is McLeod John Baltazar Bethel-Thompson.”

Finishing Move
“No idea. It would be a pile-driver, call it the ‘Baltazar P.D.’”

Dan Skuta
Favorite Wrestler
“I liked ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels. He was my dude.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“He would mess me up, but it would be Rey Mysterio Jr. That was my guy, all the flips he would do."

Wrestling Name
“I would go with ‘Stone Cold’ Skuta, but I can’t copy. How about ‘The Lumberjack?’”

Finishing Move
“It would be some kind of back-flip off the top rope. No wait, I like ‘The Torture Rack.’ Let’s go with that.”

Corey Lemonier

Favorite Wrestler
“Shawn Michaels… Sweet chin music.”

WrestleMania Dream Match
“It’s going to be here in two years, I’m definitely going. It would be me and Kurt Angle.”

Wrestling Name
“It would be ‘The Lemon.’”

Finishing Move
“I would definitely have a submission move, or the one where Brock Lesnar just throws somebody around into the ropes.”

Check out some of the highlights from Tuesday’s press conference:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
If kaep wants anything over 13m, to the bushes he goes

He ain't worth that type of money

If crab demands top 10 money he can go right with kaep

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
sacks are one of the most overrated stats in football along with interceptions. pressures, man, pressures. its all about the presssures

:what: You can't be serious breh :mindblown: Turnovers are/were the 9ers bread & butter.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:what: You can't be serious breh :mindblown: Turnovers are/were the 9ers bread & butter.
what I meant interceptions and sacks are terrible ways to judge a skill/production of a player because theyre too volatile and infrequent.

lets someone like jared allen goes from 20 sacks to 14 sacks and people are quick to say hes had a down year. whereas he was just as good at pressuring and hurrying the qb, its just in that year circumstances happened that didnt allow a sack. the qb threw it away a couple of times, or was able to miraculously dump it off at the last minute
he can have a better year having 14 sacks and 95 pressures than if he had 20 sacks but only 70 pressures. but people are too fixated on the sack number because its reflected in the scoresheet

with interceptions its even worse.
its the same reason lots of people loved dashon despite him being kinda ass in coverage, even though tons of his picks was deflected passes. interceptions are way too volatile stats to say a player A is good because of them. the only DBs who stay consistent with picks

the combo of lemonier+skuta was bringing as much as pressure as aldon when he was gone, is my point. but because there were no sacks registered on stat sheet, people say that pass rush wasnt working.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
what I meant interceptions and sacks are terrible ways to judge a skill/production of a player because theyre too volatile and infrequent.

lets someone like jared allen goes from 20 sacks to 14 sacks and people are quick to say hes had a down year. whereas he was just as good at pressuring and hurrying the qb, its just in that year circumstances happened that didnt allow a sack. the qb threw it away a couple of times, or was able to miraculously dump it off at the last minute
he can have a better year having 14 sacks and 95 pressures than if he had 20 sacks but only 70 pressures. but people are too fixated on the sack number because its reflected in the scoresheet

with interceptions its even worse.
its the same reason lots of people loved dashon despite him being kinda ass in coverage, even though tons of his picks was deflected passes. interceptions are way too volatile stats to say a player A is good because of them. the only DBs who stay consistent with picks

the combo of lemonier+skuta was bringing as much as pressure as aldon when he was gone, is my point. but because there were no sacks registered on stat sheet, people say that pass rush wasnt working.

Ok, I kinda get what u are saying. BUT winning that turnover ratio game by game is a key to the 9ers success (especially when we had Alex Smith) Our D would bail us out of bad situations.

Yes pressures and hurries disrupt offenses, BUT they aren't absolutes. When u have players like Russel wilson, Cam, Brees that can all make plays under prssure and that can make plays with their feet, sacks come in handy to dead plays.

I'm not diminishing the importance of pressures, but sacks, strip fumbles, INTs etc is how we eat

Daps
Front 2 Back i`m with you on Kaep and Crab.

I`d actually be more willing to give into Crabtree's demands than I would be to Kaepernick's.

I said it weeks ago, Kaep can't ask for more than 13-14 mil.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Front 2 Back i`m with you on Kaep and Crab.

I`d actually be more willing to give into Crabtree's demands than I would be to Kaepernick's.

I said it weeks ago, Kaep can't ask for more than 13-14 mil.

Kaep ain't gettin Brady, Brees or Manning money. But I know Kaep is lookin at Flacco like :sadcam: