Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fosho breh. I don't want Whitner for my Birds then if he is looking for a big contract. Nikka aint worth it. But our secondary does need an enforcer back there. :manny:

with the goodell rules enforcer's are going the way of the dinosaur

your gonna start to see cbs moved to fs

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
with the goodell rules enforcer's are going the way of the dinosaur

your gonna start to see cbs moved to fs
I know nikka Goodell is killing it for me. :camby: I love watching a hard hitting, physical defense.

Corners to FS would be whack as fukk breh. :scusthov: I hope it doesn't come down to that shyt :damn:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know nikka Goodell is killing it for me. :camby: I love watching a hard hitting, physical defense.

Corners to FS would be whack as fukk breh. :scusthov: I hope it doesn't come down to that shyt :damn:

the nfl is actually thinking about taking away hits below the hips, how the fuk are you suppose to tackle nikkas from chest to waist?

:beli:

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
with the new rules, specifically the defenseless player rules hard hitting free safety's are getting phased out
theyll get penalized, but those hits are worth the flag for the tone it sets in those games. thas why kam got extended.

epecially as a niner fan you should know this.....

hes a strong safety, but strong safety is supposed to be the enforcer. free safety should be centerfielder/playmaker

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
the nfl is actually thinking about taking away hits below the hips, how the fuk are you suppose to tackle nikkas from chest to waist?

:beli:
Yea I know. They are trying to make it a strike zone, like in baseball.

Nikkas are going to have to just wrap and quit trying to go for the big hit.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Yea I know. They are trying to make it a strike zone, like in baseball.

Nikkas are going to have to just wrap and quit trying to go for the big hit.
kamhit.gif

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i doubt it. this'll be his last big contract and he's gonna want to get paid like goldson did. we got too many other valuable players with contracts expiring soon to re-sign him for what he wants

Whitner has gone on record saying that he wants to stay in SF, and even if it means a modest contract.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
That nikka was flagged for that tho. Was a monster hit, I remember almost jumping through my TV when I saw that shyt breh.
No fine though. It was a total legal hit. Anytime the refs see someones head snap back, they gonna flag it. But if you watch the slow mo, it was a textbook hit. And honestly it dont matter if they gave a 75 yard penalty, hits like those are worth the penalty.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyll get penalized, but those hits are worth the flag for the tone it sets in those games. thas why kam got extended.

epecially as a niner fan you should know this.....

hes a strong safety, but strong safety is supposed to be the enforcer. free safety should be centerfielder/playmaker
both safetys should be enforcers, the value of a hitting free safety will go down and coverage will be more important in coming years

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
both safetys should be enforcers, the value of a hitting free safety will go down and coverage will be more important in coming years
I disagree, but it depends on the defense. Seattle plays a lot of single high safety, you need a safety who can cover the back end, and they play their strong in the box a lot.

I do see the advantage of making those guys interchangable, though.

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
No fine though. It was a total legal hit. Anytime the refs see someones head snap back, they gonna flag it. But if you watch the slow mo, it was a textbook hit. And honestly it dont matter if they gave a 75 yard penalty, hits like those are worth the penalty.
Im not saying it isn't breh. I want a enforcer type safety. shyt I wanted Goldson when he left SF. But, Im also not going to over pay for a enforcer safety. Just saying that's what safeties are going to have to start to do to avoid those 15 yards and fines. If Gooddell keeps pulling his fukk boy shyt.

We may all say hits like those are worth the penalty...but are they really nowadays? Because then you start build a repetition. Then you start to get penalized for legit clean hits like that Kam one. Then it starts to hurt your team.