Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm probably going to get destroyed but I think going with both him and Davis in the 1st was silly. Even back then on :hamster: I wanted us to grab Dez.
davis is the one I never liked. I wanted earl thomas badly and we got davis over the best FS in the league, and then we extended AD instead of iupati :snoop:

iupati is my homie itll be tough to watch him go if we let him go. Id keep him over aldon if we can. lemonier and skuta looked good when aldon was gone

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
davis is the one I never liked. I wanted earl thomas badly and we got davis over the best FS in the league, and then we extended AD instead of iupati :snoop:

iupati is my homie itll be tough to watch him go if we let him go. Id keep him over aldon if we can. lemonier and skuta looked good when aldon was gone

Yea, at the time I just didn't want both. It wasn't that I didn't want Iupati or Davis. I just didn't get why we drafted both so early when we had other glaring needs. Still better than the Jenkins pick. :why:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also I dont really share the sentimental love of qbs, so if kaep wants anything over 15m long term and we dont win the bowl its :camby:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea, at the time I just didn't want both. It wasn't that I didn't want Iupati or Davis. I just didn't get why we drafted both so early when we had other glaring needs. Still better than the Jenkins pick. :why:
I mean our line was shyt man, we had baas heitman chilo snyder :gag: and staley wasnt a beast he is now either

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean our line was shyt man, we had baas heitman chilo snyder :gag: and staley wasnt a beast he is now either

I know. I just didn't want 2 linemen that high when there were other pieces around.....I remember wanting to move Staley to RT and picking up an LT through draft or FA. You think up this kind of stuff when your squad sucks.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also I dont really share the sentimental love of qbs, so if kaep wants anything over 15m long term and we dont win the bowl its :camby:

Kaep has no leverage. He won't ask for big money.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:usure:

lemonier/skuta over aldon

:comeon:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
kaep, aldon, iputati

i think its easier to replace a guard then franchise qb and passrusher

Don't take this the wrong way, but if possible I would move Cowboy, before Iupati. We got pass rushers to spare, elite guards of Iupati's skillset are extremely rare. Dude has elite strength speed athleticism and durability. We aren't drafting that level of talent like that and in the open market, he would command a Jared Gaither type contract.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:usure:

lemonier/skuta over aldon

:comeon:
with healthy justin smith anyone not named manny or parys can rush the passer, Im convinced. aldon is great but what Ive seen from skuta and lemonier was good and they are dirt cheap. plus one more fukkup from aldon and were looking at suspension every time he does something stupid. lemonier in particular has impressed me, kid will be very good in a year or two, word to @MMSex

iupati is one of the best run blocking guards in the league and we already are meh on offense. defense can take a hit here and there as long tank can replace justin.

and you know Im a defense first guy, so that should tell you something. aldon will be much more expensive than iupati too. we might be able to keep kaep and iupati, but not kaep and aldon

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Don't take this the wrong way, but if possible I would move Cowboy, before Iupati. We got pass rushers to spare, elite guards of Iupati's skillset are extremely rare. Dude has elite strength speed athleticism and durability. We aren't drafting that level of talent like that and in the open market, he would command a Jared Gaither type contract.
justin is retiring a Niner, man.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cowboy has a cap friendly deal, he will retire a niner

if iupati hasnt resigned yet i dont think he will because there was rumors of talks of a extension before the season

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
with healthy justin smith anyone not named manny or parys can rush the passer, Im convinced. aldon is great but what Ive seen from skuta and lemonier was good and they are dirt cheap. plus one more fukkup from aldon and were looking at suspension every time he does something stupid. lemonier in particular has impressed me, kid will be very good in a year or two, word to @MMSex

iupati is one of the best run blocking guards in the league and we already are meh on offense. defense can take a hit here and there as long tank can replace justin.

and you know Im a defense first guy, so that should tell you something. aldon will be much more expensive than iupati too. we might be able to keep kaep and iupati, but not kaep and aldon

Thank you