Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
breh if u think our cap situation looks bleak, seattle's is worse. they've drafted very well recently but at the same time they've also given out a lot of bad deals and overspent in free agency. plus they'll have a lot of key free agents in the offseason they'll try to keep. quan more than likely won't be on their radar
their cap iirc is ok for now. but that was just an example. a team like the panthers can use quan. shyt, the pats could definitely use him even though they usually never sign WRs in that fashion. quan obviously still got it and teams that are contenders will probably bite.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
by the way
Boldin is fifth in the league (about to be 6th after alshons beast day today) in yards per route ran only behind gordon, megatron, andre and desean.
meaning that he could have far more impact if we actually were passing the ball more and ran more routes. someone like demariyus thomas runs nearly twice as many routes as quan per game just because of nature of our team

the same thing was with Crabs last year, he was tied for 3rd running far less routes and those 1100 yards were fare more impressive given how many routes he ran last year

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
their cap iirc is ok for now. but that was just an example. a team like the panthers can use quan. shyt, the pats could definitely use him even though they usually never sign WRs in that fashion. quan obviously still got it and teams that are contenders will probably bite.

just because contenders can use him doesn't mean they are willing to break bread for him :manny:

like i said, a lot can happen between now and free agency. we shall see

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

since the d-line depth is fine we don't need tank to play this year. but signing another guard could mean that iupati will miss another game

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
he turned down 4 mil a year in baltimore...we'll have to give him at least 2 year, 6 per...which is kinda pushing it, but I heard maiocco say coaches love the guy
He turned that down because he signed a contract stating he was to make $6 million this year and he wanted that contract honored. I'm not sure if we've talked to him about coming back or not, but I don't think he needs $6 million a year to come back. I think a reasonable contract will do it, but I guess it all depends on what he thinks he's worth on the open market vs what we're willing to give him.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kaep without thinking twice

continuity at QB is a must

I'm probably going to get destroyed but I think going with both him and Davis in the 1st was silly. Even back then on :hamster: I wanted us to grab Dez.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm probably going to get destroyed but I think going with both him and Davis in the 1st was silly. Even back then on :hamster: I wanted us to grab Dez.

the O-line was horrible before davis and iupati were drafted. getting them both in the 1st was a necessary move at the time and has paid off since then

now taking taylor mays in the 2nd? THAT was silly. taking davis/iupati in the 1st wasn't

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the O-line was horrible before davis and iupati were drafted. getting them both in the 1st was a necessary move at the time and has paid off since then

now taking taylor mays in the 2nd? THAT was silly. taking davis/iupati in the 1st wasn't

I know. But I don't think it was necessary. The Mays pick was bad but I can kind of understand it I guess.

I just think we could have addressed the line in free agency or later in the draft. At least that's what I had thought at the time. I also wanted us to draft Linehart so clearly I'm not always right.