Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Niners run a lot of two TE formations. They can bot be "starters", whereas VD will be used as a mid-deep range threat, Vance will be the inside slant guy that the Niners have been missing.
i dont think his hands are good enough for that, he dropped 3 plus catches last night

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Offense:

AJ Jenkins is fighting for his job, if Manningham comes back and Chad Hall and Ricardo Lockette improve, it's a wrap for this guy. He doesn't really get open and his head just isn't there. We'll see though.

aj doesnt get open? he was open on all 3 throws he got, the only problem was that only one throw was catchable

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
aj doesnt get open? he was open on all 3 throws he got, the only problem was that only one throw was catchable

Yeah, he was just teamed up with QBs that were not playing well, at all.
Tolzien was lobbing balls to receivers with no zip whatsoever, and McCoy overthrew a wide open AJ.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tolzien was lobbing balls to receivers with no zip whatsoever, and McCoy overthrew a wide open AJ.

if kaep gets hurt this team is done, i mean the talent gap between kaep and the rest of the qbs is wide as the grand canyon

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if youre talking about that mccoy pick, jenkins was doubled and safety was just there chilling waiting for ball to arrive. he was nowhere near open. youd have to have a marino-like throw to not result in a pick

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if youre talking about that mccoy pick, jenkins was doubled and safety was just there chilling waiting for ball to arrive. he was nowhere near open. youd have to have a marino-like throw to not result in a pick

well kaep could of made that throw, the point is he beat his man easily and was wide open. the throw was terrible but a great throw would of given jenkins a chance

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
if kaep gets hurt this team is done, i mean the talent gap between kaep and the rest of the qbs is wide as the grand canyon
if defense is back to 2011 form, doesnt matter whos our qb

well kaep could of made that throw, the point is he beat his man easily and was wide open. the throw was terrible but a great throw would of given jenkins a chance
he was NOT wide open. kaep couldve MAYBE made that throw, but it was bad decision going his way no matter the qb.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
IN McCoy's defense, he made threw that pic after injuring his shoulder on the previous drive.
Still, i gotta agree that if CK7 goes down, the season is a wrap....

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Reid has a tendency to overcommit, and will have to be trained to see the entire backfield instead of hyper
agreed

The Niners run a lot of two TE formations. They can bot be "starters", whereas VD will be used as a mid-deep range threat, Vance will be the inside slant guy that the Niners have been missing.
in that way I obviously agree. 2TE formation is our staple. VD will just be the nominal starter for foreseaable future

-Boldin - dude is a man amongst boys. Catched the ball away form the body like a stronger.bigger Crabtree. Watch how he plays the ball versus other WRs, and you'll see why this dude is a monster.
Im sayin....I love crabs and vd but neither have the hands and radius of catching quan has. dude makes tough catches look effortless.

-Lockette "the rocket" - in Special Team coverage, he was almost 20 yard out in front of the rest of the team.
saw that as well

-Marlon Moore - dude made a nice diving catch that was thrown low/hard by CK7. He seemed to be the only dude outside of the vets runnign clean routes.
marlon moore IS a vet tho, 3 years playing for phins

chad hall had the best routes aside from the first teamers, imo. too bad he has not much athleticism or ability to separate

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I still think mccoy is a decent backup, poor mans version of alex smith

and in his defense, he did have second string OL, dixon and bum ass wrs around him. the only above average skill player dude around him was mcdonald and LMJ (iirc the few times he came in)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im extremely excited for this season, kaep looked even better then last year. it looks like he has full control of this offense

if your into fantasy stuff grab, boldin, i'll be surprised if he doesnt get over 1200 yards this year, the same with vd

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yeah, i'm noticing that Kap is finally settling in, and not trying to force plays.
I was a Kap Stan ever since i saw him in practice in 2011 - it's was liek when you connect with that puppy at the pound even though it's the type of dog you would never own.

Once his field vision improves (as it may already have), he's going to be mentioned in "elite" conversations.
He's got the physical gifts, now he needs to hone in on the intangibles....

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
im extremely excited for this season, kaep looked even better then last year. it looks like he has full control of this offense

if your into fantasy stuff grab, boldin, i'll be surprised if he doesnt get over 1200 yards this year, the same with vd

I don't expect 1200 but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Also I have high hopes for lemonier. As an auburn fan I watched him beast his 1st two years his last year was so so but the talent was their. I blame it on coaching and I was happy as hell we picked him up. He's perfect in our system as an olb