Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think vance is gonna give the niners more of a threat down the field threat then delanie and his rock hands

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think vance is gonna give the niners more of a threat down the field threat then delanie and his rock hands

the catch radius and body control was on display on that last catch

he'll be an asset in the RZ

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
just came back from the game. was there dolo choppin it up with fat latina hoes up in UR12. one of them looked like isaac sopoaga tho :whoa:
saw a raider fan get thrown out the stadium
Niner football is back :blessed:

heres what I saw, this will mostly be about defense because most of battles are on d (I left after 3rd quarter tho- have a conference call tomorrow at 7 with some faggit french devs)

1. nnamdi looked good. he wasnt really challenged (none of the cbs were really) and he did give huge cushions on 3rd and longs, but he made nice tackles and looked good overall

2. everyone knows I hate brock and this game wasnt an exception. the first couple of drives he was targeted and allowed a couple of big gains

3. perrish cox came into the game a bit later but he was solid as well. again, wasnt challenged much, but made sound tackles and didnt get beat.

4. ian william and dorsey looked good. whats interesting is dorsey would stay in 3rd and long situations, probably because justin is out.

5. eric reid was a mixed bag. I liked him calling plays and being a true FS but he whiffed badly on one play and seemed to get lost in space on play action plays

6. haralson and lemonier got some pressure later on, but they were doing it against scrubs so I wouldnt make any conclusions

7 dahl did ok, Im starting to think he wouldnt be terrible as a SS, but him at FS is still a bad idea

about offense: first offense wasnt on field long to make any conclusions, but boldin made a beastly catch. hes prolly the best 'hands' guy we've had since jerry

vance is doing exactly how I thought- he'll drop some passes but could be huge in passing game.

WR situation beyond boldin is ugly- aj looked like shyt, moore was lost and chad hall was prolly the only one getting open.

mccoy and tolzien sucked balls. so did dixon. dixon beasted on STs as usual tho

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I liked

Lemonier
McDonald
Asomugha
Cox
Dorsey
Collie- He seems serviceable

Didn't like

Jenkins
McCoy
2nd team OL- Anyone notice how Looney and Kilgore looked in particular?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
What I liked

2nd team OL- Anyone notice how Looney and Kilgore looked in particular?
Kilgore was ok, he started as well. he lacks that strong push up front though. second string OL couldnt do much in general tho, I agree.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also, LMJ was underwhelming even with first team OL. he just isnt that great when not given a wide lane. his speed bailed him out in college but not on this level.
Hunter and Lattimore are heirs to Gore, and LMJ will always be that change of pace back imo

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, LMJ was underwhelming even with first team OL. he just isnt that great when not given a wide lane. his speed bailed him out in college but not on this level.
Hunter and Lattimore are heirs to Gore, and LMJ will always be that change of pace back imo

i dont think so, there was no running room outside, he did better going straight up the middle

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i dont think so, there was no running room outside, he did better going straight up the middle
just in general, I dont think hes starter material. our Oline will make even a stiff like dixon look ok in games, but LMJ just doesnt create much stuff himself as much as Gore or Hunter.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just in general, I dont think hes starter material. our Oline will make even a stiff like dixon look ok in games, but LMJ just doesnt create much stuff himself as much as Gore or Hunter.

he did look different from last year, he hit the hole hard and fought for yards. i think he can start and he could be a weapon receiving passes out of the backfield. he has speed and jukes that hunter and gore dont have. it should be interesting how they use him this year

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I disagree about he jukes- give me Hunter and Gore juking the LBs any day. we'll see.