Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree about he jukes- give me Hunter and Gore juking the LBs any day. we'll see.

i mean its a good argument to have, niners are basically 3 deep rb wise. i cant remember this type of depth since hearst/kirby

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i mean its a good argument to have, niners are basically 3 deep rb wise. i cant remember this type of depth since hearst/kirby
yeah, hopefully Hunter comes back healthy though. we missed him last year. hear Lattimore could be ready mid-season :wtf: shyt will be insane if he can come back this season

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, hopefully Hunter comes back healthy though. we missed him last year. hear Lattimore could be ready mid-season :wtf: shyt will be insane if he can come back this season
i dont even want lattimore to play this year, hopefully he wont have to. according to reports hunter has been running at full speed and should ready to play soon

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
wow I just read we signed wright :ehh:

Im not as worried about CBs after this signing. they arent anything special but they should be decent enough unless theres an injury to los or brown.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aj was getting booed out there breh. at this point hed have to work pretty hard to just prove hes not a bust.

i really dont understand why hes getting boo'd, he could of had a good game if that pass wasnt overthrown

lots of wrs fumble the ball while fighting for yards, crabs did it as well in the nfc champ game

there aint no reason to boo him

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i really dont understand why hes getting boo'd, he could of had a good game if that pass wasnt overthrown

lots of wrs fumble the ball while fighting for yards, crabs did it as well in the nfc champ game

there aint no reason to boo him
I agree that booing wasnt necessary, but he had a bad game altogether. he ran into his own man couple of times and just in general he saw tons of snaps but didnt do much with them. hall looked way better.

basically if he keeps this up until mario comes back, he finna be done. VD, Vance, Boldin, KW, Mario will all be targeted before him.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
reading webzone winners/losers thread, most posters agree with my assessments...but everyone lists reid as a winner, weird

maybe Im too hard on our safeties, but he definitely didnt look as good. he made some nice hits but also fukked up a few times.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This was Reid'sfirst game y'all, and with the second team D.
He'll get use to playing in NFL soon enough.

Remember, Goldson wasn't making much noise until a couple of years ago.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This was Reid'sfirst game y'all, and with the second team D.
He'll get use to playing in NFL soon enough.

Remember, Goldson wasn't making much noise until a couple of years ago.
Im not a big Goldson fan myself :laugh: My beef with reid is for someone whos strength was supposed to be coverage and reading the plays he gets turned around/faked out a lot. also missed tackles. of course hes a rookie so Ill go easy on him

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Is it me or did Aldon Smith get even bigger and stronger, and he hasn't lost any speed. He came in looking like a teenager, now he's filling out and looks like an NFL veteran. This kid is only 23, holy shyt.

Some other notes:

Offense:

AJ Jenkins is fighting for his job, if Manningham comes back and Chad Hall and Ricardo Lockette improve, it's a wrap for this guy. He doesn't really get open and his head just isn't there. We'll see though.

Our backups on O-Line in general are still very raw, only Kilgore blocked decently but he's clearly not a power guy, he still needs to increase his strength, but he has very solid technique.

LaMichael James, is learning to cut between the tackles and he's fighting for yards, With Gore and Hunter coming back, that will make him that much more dangerous.

Colt McCoy has surprisingly good feet, but I think he needs to just not think, he is like Alex Smith in that sense, I feel like he plays with his head and not with instinct.

Vance McDonald is going to be a starter, he will be a problem THIS YEAR he is an enormous target and faster than I remember.

Anthony Dixon is done after this season.

Defense:

1st team defense is as good as ever.

Parys Haralson and Lemonier both looked great as did Wilhoite. We are stacked at the position and I could see all these guys spelling Aldon, Willis and Bowman in the regular season.

Our DB's played better than I expected. I think I am ok with Dahl starting the 1st couple of games, he is a road grade safety. Reid is raw but he is obviously very talented.

Both Ian Williams and Glenn Dorsey played well but Williams in particular seems to not only have slimmed down but added some beefsteak was well, I am happy to eat the crow about this kid.

Okoye is so raw, he may be a two year project.

Last edited:

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
ian williams is fukking raw

runs up the middle on this defense is void.

The first Team Look unstoppable with that first drive. moving at will

The second and third team offensively is :snoop:

Mccoy is trash

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aj was getting booed out there breh. at this point hed have to work pretty hard to just prove hes not a bust.

it's mostly a mental issue with aj. his confidence was shot after that fumble.

it's still very early but if harbaugh is already showing his concern then aj is in deep trouble. it'll be interesting to see how he responds in these next 3 games

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Reid has a tendency to overcommit, and will have to be trained to see the entire backfield instead of hyper
:whoa: I like Vance a lot but VD is still our starter

The Niners run a lot of two TE formations. They can bot be "starters", whereas VD will be used as a mid-deep range threat, Vance will be the inside slant guy that the Niners have been missing.

As far as AJ is concerned, i'd like to see him start with the 1st team to see CK7 put some balls in his chest.
Neither McCoy nor Tolzien were helping to make anyone look good last night, except for fundamentally sound players like Collie and Vance.

The first team looked like they were in mid-season form last night, and once CK7 gets even more comfortable running this offense, he's gonna be a fukking beast.

My standouts from last night were:
-Boldin - dude is a man amongst boys. Catched the ball away form the body like a stronger.bigger Crabtree. Watch how he plays the ball versus other WRs, and you'll see why this dude is a monster.

-The O Line - probably the best in the league.

-VD - Come on, now, it's Vernon Davis. He's gonna have a great year if he stays healthy

-Osgood - This dude plays with heart and energy. He's like a veteran with the youthful exuberance of a 22 year old. I like what he did on the last offensive drive in the 2nd quarter

-Lockette "the rocket" - in Special Team coverage, he was almost 20 yard out in front of the rest of the team.

-Lemonier - like a younger version of Aldon, explodes off the line and gets into the backfield to disrupt plays

-Harrelson - dude is a great compliment to the LB corps. I saw the car tossing people off of him in order to make tackles for negative yardage like they were children.

-Collie - this kid has the fundamentals we need out of our team of (mostly raw) WRs. He's reminds me of Amendola. I just hope he stays healthy long enough to make an impact

-Marlon Moore - dude made a nice diving catch that was thrown low/hard by CK7. He seemed to be the only dude outside of the vets runnign clean routes.

Last edited: