Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/roman-saves-right-plays-right-moments

The 49ers were already in field-goal range because of a play called “97 G-Rub” that Roman was waiting for the right time to unveil.

“G-Ro (Roman) had been saving that call in his back pocket and picked the exact right time to call it,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “And Frank executed it.”

The play design utilized different angles at the point of attack, Roman said. The play was blocked well on the left side of the line, and it allowed Gore to take advantage of over-pursuit from the aggressive Seahawks defense.

“We’ve never ever run it before since we’ve been here,” Roman said. “And it’s just something we were keeping in the back pocket for the right time. And it’s one of those things, you always question, ‘Should we run it early and pop it early?’ You like to have some stuff in your hip pocket for the right time.”
the playcalling was much better today for most part. I didnt like designed fb passes though.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is why I don't shyt on Roman.

He's a good OC, a legitmate HC candidate. Sure he has lapses in judgement, but in reality he does a good job putting this offense in good position for the majority of the time.
hes good with run plays, he doesnt understand the passing game, the other guy designs them

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
And this is why I don't shyt on Roman.

He's a good OC, a legitmate HC candidate. Sure he has lapses in judgement, but in reality he does a good job putting this offense in good position for the majority of the time.
heres the thing. offense is way too predictable to the point ANY misdirection play goes for good yardage.
the problem is, and Ill use an analogy I liked and used talkin to my homie...is that roman will not switch it up

I think playcalling is a lot about mental games. so Ill equate an OC to a poker player. g-ro (as harbs calls him :pachaha:) is a tight, conservative player who is winning against the fish noobs but who plays his cards exactly the same every time. therefore people know what's coming and when hes holding a good hand..and better players shyt on him.

once in a while he will win a big pot with a good bluff (misdirection play). lets say everyone saw it was a bluff. theyre like :ehh: but next 1000 hands he never bluffs. players/defenses will be OK with getting jobbed once in 1k hands( plays)

its when you run misdirection plays 3 times out of 10 (or bluff once in 8 hands, not 1000) is where the opposing team/players start guessing. this is where it becomes tough for them to guess whats coming.
its a problem when we as fans know what formation and what down means what play a lot of times. this means is that theres not much switching up. and the thing is, I think even roman realizes that it very unimaginative for most part.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
btw I think its best to root for panthers to lose again so we can at least have a tiny chance of playing in candlestick in these playoffs

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anquan is 85 yards away from 1,000 for the season

i'm really hoping he's in line for a 2 year extension like we did justin smith. we gotta find a way to keep him around

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
anquan is 85 yards away from 1,000 for the season

i'm really hoping he's in line for a 2 year extension like we did justin smith. we gotta find a way to keep him around
Im a huge fan of Quan like many know, I love crabs but Quan to me is just a better WR in terms of making tough catches look easy, amazing hands and just being a guy a QB can toss the ball to and he will get it. hes also very passionate and physical. hes the yin to crab's yang more or less. Crabs is kind of laid back, hitting the breaks, footwork, elusive style for yac and Quan is just jumpball/tough catch, hit someone in the mouth type.

but the thing is, hes not getting any younger and he refused to take a pay cut in baltimore so I dont know if we can sign him for his value. we are cash strapped and a wrong investment can mean lots of bad things
with that said, given the way this org. has developed WRs lately (past TO)...Quan will easily be the best thing we can get on market in the next couple of years if we go win-now....

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to cap space talk. Do we even have a realistic shot at keeping Quan?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So we're bout to have 2 1000 yard pass catchers this year? :ehh:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to cap space talk. Do we even have a realistic shot at keeping Quan?

a lot can happen between now and free agency but i think we have a pretty good chance to keep quan around

if u look around the league, teams are trying to get younger at the WR position. and this draft is deep at WR. if quan hit free agency i don't see any team offering him a lot on the open market. i think we would have the most to offer him from as far as money and a spot in the starting lineup. a 2 year extension at 3-4 million a year seems plausible to me