Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
you have to assume center, wr, cb, safety will be addressed in the draft. unless they feel kilgore is the future at center, looney played well last week

Looney played well, but I see him as a backup guard/center or the first interior lineman out if Iupati, Boone or Goodwin get hurt.
Kilgore is possible but I think he needs to get his strength up a lot in the offseason. But the potential is there.

Both of these guys have youth on their side though so I'm hopeful.

But I would prefer we draft an O-Lineman (Guard/Center) with our first pick.

I said safety earlier in the year, but low-key. Whitner has been playing his azz off in coverage and with a healthy Eric Reid, we can only pray for these receivers, brehs, because souls are leaving bodies.. We can grab a good dude in the 2nd or 3rd.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
hey im all for the lambs keeping bradford as their qb, they'll never win anything with him. they'll always be fighting for third in this division as long as bradford is their qb. the only thing that separates teams in the nfc west are the coaches and qbs

They just figured out how to use Tayvon Austin and they need to find a running back and O-Linemen, but yea it's tough because Seattle and us have got lucky and got borderline elite QBs from a talant stand point and are better upfront and on the ground game.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Anthony Davis might be the most improved player this season, his pass blocking has progressed by a lot.
His run blocking was already top 10 level but his footwork and shyt has improved. All we need this off season is a center and we are in kaiser mode.
Ill disagree with this. AD has sucked this year in pass pro, and even in this game where I said he did good, he seemed to have lots of problems at pass pro. that sack on 3rd and 17 with 3 or 4 man rush is pretty much on him.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just figured out how to use Tayvon Austin and they need to find a running back and O-Linemen, but yea it's tough because Seattle and us have got lucky and got borderline elite QBs from a talant stand point and are better upfront and on the ground game.

i hope so, i dont wanna see them getting maziel or another qb. hopefully fisher sees clowney as another kearse

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i agree but you never know, even he has to realize hes gotta get a real qb to win the nfc west
for the record, I dont think manziel will amount to much in the league, so the only reason I wouldnt want him on the rams wasting (imo) a high pick is that hes a mobile qb and Niners have lapses against those.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for the record, I dont think manziel will amount to much in the league, so the only reason I wouldnt want him on the rams wasting (imo) a high pick is that hes a mobile qb and Niners have lapses against those.

i think hes a more talented jeff garcia, he has heart

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/roman-saves-right-plays-right-moments

The 49ers were already in field-goal range because of a play called “97 G-Rub” that Roman was waiting for the right time to unveil.

“G-Ro (Roman) had been saving that call in his back pocket and picked the exact right time to call it,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “And Frank executed it.”

The play design utilized different angles at the point of attack, Roman said. The play was blocked well on the left side of the line, and it allowed Gore to take advantage of over-pursuit from the aggressive Seahawks defense.

“We’ve never ever run it before since we’ve been here,” Roman said. “And it’s just something we were keeping in the back pocket for the right time. And it’s one of those things, you always question, ‘Should we run it early and pop it early?’ You like to have some stuff in your hip pocket for the right time.”

Daps
I would have preferred an out and out asswhooping for a statement, but honestly, this one keeps us humble.

Truth is we missed a bunch of opportunities to make this a blowout.

Kaepernick was not good in this game at all, but our defense was lights fukking out. Crabs played well and Frank the Jehovah with that run, a classic, it's why he`ll always be in our hearts

Daps
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/roman-saves-right-plays-right-moments

The 49ers were already in field-goal range because of a play called “97 G-Rub” that Roman was waiting for the right time to unveil.

“G-Ro (Roman) had been saving that call in his back pocket and picked the exact right time to call it,” 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. “And Frank executed it.”

The play design utilized different angles at the point of attack, Roman said. The play was blocked well on the left side of the line, and it allowed Gore to take advantage of over-pursuit from the aggressive Seahawks defense.

“We’ve never ever run it before since we’ve been here,” Roman said. “And it’s just something we were keeping in the back pocket for the right time. And it’s one of those things, you always question, ‘Should we run it early and pop it early?’ You like to have some stuff in your hip pocket for the right time.”

And this is why I don't shyt on Roman.

He's a good OC, a legitmate HC candidate. Sure he has lapses in judgement, but in reality he does a good job putting this offense in good position for the majority of the time.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Good tough game for the fellas this is the NFL i'll take that win good defense kaep played ok made some bad throws and also made a few throws as well all in all we in the the driver seat for the wildcard got atl tampa on the schedule we should be able to pick up another win to get to 10 wins I'm happy and we always split with seattle didn't expect nothing less.