Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Kaep will get better. If he doesn't....we'll find a replacement.
I thought kaep looked decent today in terms with his indecisiveness...besides the bad pick ( even tho crabs acted like it was his fault still not a good decision to throw there) he made decisions faster and threw it up for Boldin.

the inaccurate/no touch passes are really annoying because those checkdowns really can turn those 2nd and 10s into 2nd and 6s, but I think this can be fixed down the line.

this win is huge because if we lost following that pick I could see homie pouting.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think he's been a lil rusty, but for the most part Crab looks pretty good. I'm wondering why they continue to feature miller so much in the passing game instead of Vance.

Miller is a much better blocker, and has better hands.
You see how good the protection for Kap was today?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Miller is a much better blocker, and has better hands.
You see how good the protection for Kap was today?
come to think about it the oline today was amazing. AD held it down and besides one bad play from Snyder the line was beasting both in run blocking and pass pro considering the caliber of D they faced.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought kaep looked decent today in terms with his indecisiveness...besides the bad pick ( even tho crabs acted like it was his fault still not a good decision to throw there) he made decisions faster and threw it up for Boldin.

the inaccurate/no touch passes are really annoying because those checkdowns really can turn those 2nd and 10s into 2nd and 6s, but I think this can be fixed down the line.

this win is huge because if we lost following that pick I could see homie pouting.

I thought he was the same. QBs tend to look poor against the Seahawks so I expected a worse performance. If he doesn't throw that pick in the endzone, it looks like a much better day. inaccuracy on short throws needs to get better. I think it will. Dude won't be throwing fastballs forever. If he can work on his touch in the offseason he will be a beast. The tools are there. How much time will the 9ers give him?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought he was the same. QBs tend to look poor against the Seahawks so I expected a worse performance. If he doesn't throw that pick in the endzone, it looks like a much better day. inaccuracy on short throws needs to get better. I think it will. Dude won't be throwing fastballs forever. If he can work on his touch in the offseason he will be a beast. The tools are there. How much time will the 9ers give him?
damn we gave alex 7 years, kaep deserves at least 4

• Dap
Reactions: dza

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you thought he was the same as before ? so see Im even more optimistic here, I definitely view it as a pretty damn positive game :pachaha:

I think he's in 49ers future for a while, and shaky play might get him to take a new contract that is team-friendly

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn we gave alex 7 years, kaep deserves at least 4

Breh, I've got some time for Kaep as long as he doesn't start costing us games and shows that he still has that elite pedigree. I was done with the other guy after 4 years. If Kaep can't turn the corner after 4 years :camby:. Keep in mind Kaep has had better coaching, weapons and more stability so no way is he going to get almost a decade of excuses.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you thought he was the same as before ? so see Im even more optimistic here, I definitely view it as a pretty damn positive game :pachaha:

I think he's in 49ers future for a while, and shaky play might get him to take a new contract that is team-friendly

same = same as you saw. So decent. I really have no issue with this game. Some shyt I'd like to see improved, but I think he did enough.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I've got some time for Kaep as long as he doesn't start costing us games and shows that he still has that elite pedigree. I was done with the other guy after 4 years. If Kaep can't turn the corner after 4 years :camby:. Keep in mind Kaep has had better coaching, weapons and more stability so no way is he going to get almost a decade of excuses.

kaep has elite talent, there just not going to throw him to the curve like that. look hes not going to get a flacco type deal which helps the team in the long run, he'll get paid though. this offense is not made for the qb to put up big numbers

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Anthony Davis might be the most improved player this season, his pass blocking has progressed by a lot.
His run blocking was already top 10 level but his footwork and shyt has improved. All we need this off season is a center and we are in kaiser mode.

I can't beat up Kap too much Seattle pass D is very good and he was respectable this game.

Actually, I am strangley not too concerned.

We can take any team in the offs and perhaps being something of an underdog will make us tougher. I think we just need to continue to give Seattle a hard time and we can beat any other team, imo, people are getting healthy at the right time and the offensive play calling has improved. My only complaint is let's give our speed guys more snaps and we're ok. I can't be mad tho we stopped Seattle dead in it's tracks and our defense is fukkin redicolous as a unit.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
:bryan: @ this win. Got some room to breathe with that wild card seed.

:pacspit: Richard Sherman bytching as usual after the game about the refs giving SF special treatment. nikka please. I saw a play during the 4th where Seattle got away with a facemask no call where the ref was looking right at it . A chick in the breakroom at work was :mindblown: at the blatent shyt. Don't get me started with Lynch getting away with shyt throughout the game.

Hopefully Kaep finds his stride with Crabtree soon. Bolden can't be the only one saving us on plays out there.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
u know fisher

either o or d line

thankfully hes not smart enough to get a qb

Strangely enough can you really can u really upgrade from Bradford, I don't think so. They need help at O-Line, I would even trade down for more picks and maybe another WR.

same = same as you saw. So decent. I really have no issue with this game. Some shyt I'd like to see improved, but I think he did enough.

Agreed Seattles a tough team and we took em, we'll likely see them again.

kaep has elite talent, there just not going to throw him to the curve like that. look hes not going to get a flacco type deal which helps the team in the long run, he'll get paid though. this offense is not made for the qb to put up big numbers

I think Kap is a 5-tool QB, we need to actually dumb down the playbook for, him not because he lacks football IQ per se, but our offense is complex and to be fair Alex Smith low key is a very cerebral QB and has a lot of experience. Kap needs more time but dude is a workhorse and he can take us to ring #6 but he is a kid still, we gotta be patient, last year was not a fluke.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anthony Davis might be the most improved player this season, his pass blocking has progressed by a lot.
His run blocking was already top 10 level but his footwork and shyt has improved. All we need this off season is a center and we are in kaiser mode.

I can't beat up Kap too much Seattle pass D is very good and he was respectable this game.

Actually, I am strangley not too concerned.

We can take any team in the offs and perhaps being something of an underdog will make us tougher. I think we just need to continue to give Seattle a hard time and we can beat any other team, imo, people are getting healthy at the right time and the offensive play calling has improved. My only complaint is let's give our speed guys more snaps and we're ok. I can't be mad tho we stopped Seattle dead in it's tracks and our defense is fukkin redicolous as a unit.

you have to assume center, wr, cb, safety will be addressed in the draft. unless they feel kilgore is the future at center, looney played well last week

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Strangely enough can you really can u really upgrade from Bradford, I don't think so. They need help at O-Line, I would even trade down for more picks and maybe another WR.

hey im all for the lambs keeping bradford as their qb, they'll never win anything with him. they'll always be fighting for third in this division as long as bradford is their qb. the only thing that separates teams in the nfc west are the coaches and qbs