Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:dead: I just watched this 10 times in a row

anyway this is actually one of the reasons media dubbed roman as a genius because of all formations and shyt
but thing is, this was only a novelty in first and a bit of second year. same reason why D was so good after the coaching change as well.
but novelty wears off and teams know what to expect. roman cant play the opposition. also dont know what mangini is getting paid for.

That's what I said after the Colts loss and people got mad :beli:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I hate shyt like this, what does this mean?

Please someone fill me in, what is he being held back from? Just some cliche shyt people say for an excuse
Coaches are still in charge. Take Andy Reid and mike Vick.

Yea he could just run every down. But the coach is pushing you in practice and in games to "wait for the play to develop" or "stay in the pocket and go through your progressions"

Last year they let Kaep run read option. When it was passing downs he'd take one look at the field and take off. And it worked. Cause he has WR speed and defenses feared it

This year it looks like he's making an effort to stay in the pocket longer, not run as much. Like someone is telling him to change it up. You take away that ability to run and it makes it easy to cover up everyone. Then he has wide open field and still won't run.

Now who's making that choice? Nobody knows. But it ain't just dude you quoted. I've heard it from every body on sports shows. Players and media. They all think he's not being allowed to do all that stuff he did last year. The play calling is more robotic. They ditched the read option. He won't look to run first anymore

Personally I hate that shyt. A person goes all of life playing one way and it gets him drafted. Gets him to a Super Bowl. Now it's next year and it's time to "fix him". They do it with all of "us"

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now

Yea he could just run every down. But the coach is pushing you in practice and in games to "wait for the play to develop" or "stay in the pocket and go through your progressions"

Last year they let Kaep run read option. When it was passing downs he'd take one look at the field and take off. And it worked. Cause he has WR speed and defenses feared it

This year it looks like he's making an effort to stay in the pocket longer, not run as much. Like someone is telling him to change it up. You take away that ability to run and it makes it easy to cover up everyone. Then he has wide open field and still won't run.

Now who's making that choice? Nobody knows. But it ain't just dude you quoted. I've heard it from every body on sports shows. Players and media. They all think he's not being allowed to do all that stuff he did last year. The play calling is more robotic. They ditched the read option. He won't look to run first anymore

Personally I hate that shyt. A person goes all of life playing one way and it gets him drafted. Gets him to a Super Bowl. Now it's next year and it's time to "fix him". They do it with all of "us"
:blessed:preach that's what I've been saying all season forget that tradtional offense. Lets run one back pistol offense like kaep did in nevada. Then its we don't have the line or its a gimmick but it worked last year. Look at russel wilson he look like a kid out there even nick foles is out there running the read option what are we doing with this traditional O :why:

Daps

Ehhh, he's a QB, i`d rather have him be developed as such rather than a guy who scrambles every time he feels any pressure.

Also, he does go to scramble and a lot of times he runs right into sacks.

Mike Vick is the definition of why it's a pointless endeavor to try and let a guy play pro ball like it's HS/College, how many Super Bowls were won that way? There's been 48 of them, tell me how many .

I`ll wait.

You can hate it all you want, but playing pro football like a HS QB is not a wise decision for your career.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
This year it looks like he's making an effort to stay in the pocket longer, not run as much Then he has wide open field and still won't run.
He won't look to run first anymore
this simply isnt true
one of the biggest knocks on kaep right now is that he WONT stay in the pocket or step up. his pocket presence went from amazing to a scared, unsure dude.

stop listening to what people say. watch all 22 film with your eyes breh. guy is hearing footsteps of pass rush and instead eating the hit but keeping eyes downfield

playcalling is ass and the main culprit, but stop making it out like hes trying to stay in pocket and no one is getting open and hes eating a sack. the ends are eating him after he tries to escape pressure to the outside.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
Ehhh, he's a QB, i`d rather have him be developed as such rather than a guy who scrambles every time he feels any pressure.

Also, he does go to scramble and a lot of times he runs right into sacks.

Mike Vick is the definition of why it's a pointless endeavor to try and let a guy play pro ball like it's HS/College, how many Super Bowls were won that way? There's been 48 of them, tell me how many .

I`ll wait.

You can hate it all you want, but playing pro football like a HS QB is not a wise decision for your career.
:patrice:position is changing though bro that's why their making all of these rules up because O-Line play is not keeping up with the change in athletes on defense IMO plus we where one pass away from having a read option qb win a bowl

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:blessed:preach that's what I've been saying all season forget that tradtional offense. Lets run one back pistol offense like kaep did in nevada. Then its we don't have the line or its a gimmick but it worked last year. Look at russel wilson he look like a kid out there even nick foles is out there running the read option what are we doing with this traditional O :why:

:wtf:
nick foles and eagles aint running no pistol formation
seattle runs read option with russ but its not their primary offense
russ wilson also is great at passing on the run, prolly second best in the league behind rodgers at doing that

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
:wtf:
nick foles and eagles aint running no pistol formation
seattle runs read option with russ but its not their primary offense
russ wilson also is great at passing on the run, prolly second best in the league behind rodgers at doing that
Did I say he was running the pistol breh :childplease:

:snoop:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Did I say he was running the pistol breh :childplease:

:snoop:
ok my bad I misread you.
still that read option wont be in the future for foles unless he becomes an elite passer or something
hes slow as shyt, and the only reason to respect the ball in his hands is because of his passing

its not like we're not trying read option with kaep at all...no one is respecting kaeps passing ability right now, theyre all keying in to stop the run

and of course chip >>>>>>> any of our playcallers

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
ok my bad I misread you.
still that read option wont be in the future for foles unless he becomes an elite passer or something
hes slow as shyt, and the only reason to respect the ball in his hands is because of his passing

its not like we're not trying read option with kaep at all...no one is respecting kaeps passing ability right now, theyre all keying in to stop the run

and of course chip >>>>>>> any of our playcallers
agree to disagree :handshake: but i agree with you that they don't respect the pass and the main reason is that we dont throw the ball deep enough for me. Lets come out 4 wide with james in the backfield and see what defenses do then. I cringe everytime we come out in these tight formations with no space and god forbid we ever think about a little swing pass to the back out the backfield

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
agree to disagree :handshake: but i agree with you that they don't respect the pass and the main reason is that we dont throw the ball deep enough for me. Lets come out 4 wide with james in the backfield and see what defenses do then. I cringe everytime we come out in these tight formations with no space and god forbid we ever think about a little swing pass to the back out the backfield
breh ...are you even watching our games...we do come out 4 wide...and we get crushed because when teams see obvious pass situation they blitz and we dont have underneath blitz counter. we are miserable in these formations

if you want I can show you pics from all 22

the reason why we went to haevy run was because we sucked balls in passing situations youre describing