Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
It's so easy to blame the OC, they're replaceable.

But the reality is Roman got us to the NFC championship game in his first year and the SB in his second.

Who is replacing him? I don't like the blame the OC stuff, so many times people do that and the problems persist.

At the end of the day, the players make the plays.

Yea but the thing is, we have talent on our team that hasn't been schemed in properly and Roman's rationale behind his playcalling is questionable more times than not. Last year we were catching teams by surprise, especially when Kapernick became the starter. We were a new look offense. Unfortunately Kapernick has struggled this year and we don't have some of the weapons we had previously last year doing the little things (like Delanie Walker). Granted players that we need to execute (Vance McDonald and John Baldwin) have not but we put ourselves in a bad position particularly in the past two games with poor playcalling.

I think we hit some big home runs with talent evaluation, and we also struck out swinging too.

I agree that we probably weren't as well managed as we thought

Yea we completely bombed on the 2012 draft though and I think we let too much talent walk in this years draft. Every player we let go is doing good/very good on the teams that picked them up and two of them were in positions of need (Marcus Cooper and BJ Daniels), I know we can't keep everyone but these were poor decisions from out front office.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How come they don't let kaepernick just play how he normally does, he seems so uncomfortable

bellicheck lets brady calls his own plays, let kaep run around there

Cuz this is so much better.

bACY69L.gif

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea we completely bombed on the 2012 draft though and I think we let too much talent walk in this years draft. Every player we let go is doing good/very good on the teams that picked them up and two of them were in positions of need (Marcus Cooper and BJ Daniels), I know we can't keep everyone but these were poor decisions from out front office.

Baalke and co get too "cute" and it annoys me. Crabs is probably going to walk. I wouldn't have a problem if we knew how to draft receivers and were able to maximize their talents in our offense.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
watching this monday night game and both teams are using picks to free up their wrs

roman

cough cough?

Roman is an idiot. Any OC who can't scheme plays for a guy like LMJ or even utilize Kaep's speed (read option plays don't count), Ginn (last year) is a bumbling buffoon. I blame the OC 1st and foremost for our slide along with Harbaugh and then Kaep...because he's still missing plays. And when your offense isn't moving, those missed opportunities are huge.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Cuz this is so much better.

bACY69L.gif
:dead: I just watched this 10 times in a row

anyway this is actually one of the reasons media dubbed roman as a genius because of all formations and shyt
but thing is, this was only a novelty in first and a bit of second year. same reason why D was so good after the coaching change as well.
but novelty wears off and teams know what to expect. roman cant play the opposition. also dont know what mangini is getting paid for.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also, brooks fined for hit on drew, all you can do is laugh at this moment

brown is out, and we now have 3 healthy corners in los, brock and wright :why: makes sense, just after we decide we dont need extra corners in cox and nnamdi :snoop:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was listening to Pete Prisco(NFL scout) on the radio. He said some interesting things

- thinks Kaep predetermines who he throws to. Mentioned that Kap had boldin open for a huge play in the panther game, but forced a pass to VD.

- thinks the niners need to let kap loose a little more.

-He thinks Kap's mechanics are bad.

- I believe he said the niners need to be a little less predictable in the running game because the nfl has turned into a passing league.

- said the OL is struggling. Pointed out that the center has been struggling.

- he mostly blamed the awful passing attack on roman. While he does frustrate me. I've actually always liked roman, but this is interesting because I've heard a lot of scouts/ former players on the radio lately who have blamed roman for the way the niners scheme their passing attack. So maybe he is the MAIN problem. :manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Was listening to Pete Prisco(NFL scout) on the radio. He said some interesting things

- thinks Kaep predetermines who he throws to. Mentioned that Kap had boldin open for a huge play in the panther game, but forced a pass to VD.

- thinks the niners need to let kap loose a little more.

-He thinks Kap's mechanics are bad.

- I believe he said the niners need to be a little less predictable in the running game because the nfl has turned into a passing league.

- said the OL is struggling. Pointed out that the center has been struggling.

- he mostly blamed the awful passing attack on roman. While he does frustrate me. I've actually always liked roman, but this is interesting because I've heard a lot of scouts/ former players on the radio lately who have blamed roman for the way the niners scheme their passing attack. So maybe he is the MAIN problem. :manny:
he is not particularly wrong on any counts, but I have a few comments

I dont think kaep is as one-read as people say. he is capable of complex progressions. the problem is that now hes mentally broken and has deer in headlights look when feeling pressure of pass rush. therefore hes looking either to throw to his first read or run. this is the same shyt we blamed alex for before, too happy to stop the progressions.
this and indecisiveness are the main problems for kaep now, well that and fastballing nearly every throw is still problematic.
theyre both something that can be taught. the whole "feel the pressure and tuck the ball in" routine has to stop. theres nothing wrong with taking a sack inside the pocket while keeping eyes downfield.

I dont think OL is struggling, yeah iupati started the season off slow and so did staley, but staley is back to his old form. goodwin prolly gone after this year and I think guards been decent. the only bad player from pass pro perspective has been AD, who is constantly bullied by good teams. panthers game we even gave AD help and he still fukked up double teaming a pass rusher from his side :why: