Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
breh ...are you even watching our games...we do come out 4 wide...and we get crushed because when teams see obvious pass situation they blitz and we dont have underneath blitz counter. we are miserable in these formations

if you want I can show you pics from all 22

the reason why we went to haevy run was because we sucked balls in passing situations youre describing
i don't watch them i go as well and when that happens when we get blitzed we have no safety valve or no quick passes hence why I said a swing out the backfield or a wide screen just anything to get the ball in space. Its a passing league now and running the ball is cool but when its 8-9 in the box we got to get creative and we have a guy at the helm who fits that why aren't we playing to his strengths

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i don't watch them i go as well and when that happens when we get blitzed we have no safety valve or no quick passes hence why I said a swing out the backfield or a wide screen just anything to get the ball in space. Its a passing league now and running the ball is cool but when its 8-9 in the box we got to get creative and we have a guy at the helm who fits that why aren't we playing to his strengths
so were on the same page then..until we can counter the blitz we cant go into these formations. nothing good comes out of them

Daps
My thoughts

Greg Roman has to go. He is essentially calling the worst game I have witnessed since well, the Alex Smith ERA with Singletary. We are running Gore on the outside when he needs to go between the tackles bringing in James in short yardage for up the middle. Too many three and outs, forcing the defense on the field too long, Kap seems worried to run, I am not even sure it's the playcalling. The Clay Matthews hit seemed to emotionally jar him.

On top of all of this its seems like we are running the majority of plays for Vance MacDonald and Bruce Miller, they are open because they drop 7 out of 10 completions. It is frustrating we are trying to fit players into a mold as opposed to reshaping our offense around the player's strengths.

Daps
this simply isnt true
one of the biggest knocks on kaep right now is that he WONT stay in the pocket or step up. his pocket presence went from amazing to a scared, unsure dude.

stop listening to what people say. watch all 22 film with your eyes breh. guy is hearing footsteps of pass rush and instead eating the hit but keeping eyes downfield

playcalling is ass and the main culprit, but stop making it out like hes trying to stay in pocket and no one is getting open and hes eating a sack. the ends are eating him after he tries to escape pressure to the outside.

Dudes are creating this BS narrative of "They need to cut him loose"

Don't know what the fukk they're talking about. It's like people want it to be some shyt.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
So who gets his job?

We've won a lot of games w/ Roman, i`m not so quick to toss him away. Players play the game, it falls on them first and foremost.

Even with our offensive woes, We are still top 10 in the league in terms of points scored per game which is respectable. Also Roman may still be a top candidate for Candidate for a head coaching job so he could be gone anyway. He has done more good than bad. BUT he has been awful this year. He has run this offense backwards. He deserved 1/3 of the blame. Harbaugh deserves 1/3 of the blame and the Kap maybe 20% with the rest of our offense getting the remainder. We have not executed as a team. Vance McDonald has bad hands and that is unacceptable for a 2nd round pick. If he catches half his passes, we are easily 8-2. Kendall Hunter has been a disappointment this year and LaMichael James seems like a good return man and little more, though with that being said, I have no idea why he is schemed to run plays up the gut and have Gore running outside, it makes no sense.

We have a lot of talent on this offense but the playcalling has gone stale, and thats not something I want to hear with Harbuagh being a supposed QB guru. Maybe it's a sophomore slump but Kap was not a fluke last year, he was definitely a better QB, last year but here are some things I see to why our offense is stalling.

-O Line is still good but Jonathan Goodwin needs to retire, he makes good line calls but he no longer has the physicality to be a good center anymore and it's obvious. Kilgore should have stepped up to become the heir apparent but isn't ready. We need to use one of our 2nd rounders on the best center or interior lineman available this upcoming draft or maybe make a trade.

- We are facing teams that basically took our blueprint and ran with it. Seahawks, Panthers, Colts, even the Saints to a lesser extent run ball control offenses that focus on balance and basing everything out the run game. They have also improved drastically defensively in an effort to mirroe us and it worked, and each of these teams have very good/elite QB's though we have held them to relatively pedestrian numbers.

- Kap is afraid to run for some reason. He has passed up on running lanes where he could have had an easy 10-15 yards.

-Kap has a unique skillset in terms of NFL QBs. He has a rocket arm and elite speed even though everything else can be improved on, but we don't scheme plays for him to make downfield in part because VD is the only real downfield threat we have and he's getting banged up. Boldin is more of a between the numbers guy and no other receiver on our roster is worth spit. We needed another speed threat to play slot and it's not there for us.

-We don't use enough underneath passing and screens to slow down the blitzing.

-2TE sets don't work if only one of them can catch

-We need to use more bootleg, waggle plays and rollouts moving forward.

-Clearly the offense is too complicated if Kapernick cant get plays off in time and we end up burning timeouts. This keeps us from making key adjustments and calling audibles. This is actually a MAJOR problem and if we don't fix this we won't make it past the Wildcard.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Dudes are creating this BS narrative of "They need to cut him loose"

Don't know what the fukk they're talking about. It's like people want it to be some shyt.
thats the thing I dont understand either.
'loose' means a lot of things. it can mean chuck it a ton downfield in a spread offense and take a lot of turnovers to go with it...or it can be calling his own plays...or it can mean being more decisive

thing is I think lots of people (no one specifically on here, btw) dont know exactly what they want. Ive seen some people say that we need to pass the ball like 90% of the time because we won that way before :what:
dude was dead serious too.

thing is kaep really spoiled lots of people, when our offense wasnt really clicking all that. no one wants to remember the rams games, the phins games, the seattle game and second half of pats game when we would go 3 and out almost every drive...even in games where passing offense took off, we struggled to get anything going in the first half...we didnt get a first down till like late in 2nd quarter against AZ, then fell behind by a ton to ATL and BAL, and because of their suspect D and them playing to protect the lead, we were able to mount comebacks

this offense never proved it can compete against defensive teams. we won one game under harbaugh against a really good defensive team in seattle, first game last year, and that was an ugly game in which our qb threw a pick in the endzone and defense preyed on a rookie russ.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
-Clearly the offense is too complicated if Kapernick cant get plays off in time and we end up burning timeouts. This keeps us from making key adjustments and calling audibles. This is actually a MAJOR problem and if we don't fix this we won't make it past the Wildcard.
I dont even think the offense is complicated. its just coaching ineptness. if you see clock problems you attempt to fix it

and thats my main problem with roman. he CAN call a great game. but he (and harbs) seems so arrogant that he doesnt want to admit mistakes before theyre too obvious to EVERYONE. theres no adjustment, we have problems with clock in every game. home, away, doesnt matter. other teams dont have that. alex was having problems with clock as well...he has zero in KC. the coaching takes too long to relay plays and doesnt want to do a damn thing about it.

this is the root of the problem to me. coaching that wants to do 'them' instead of addressing problems and adjusting

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
- Kap is afraid to run for some reason. He has passed up on running lanes where he could have had an easy 10-15 yards.
I wouldnt say hes afraid to run, hes just indecisive. he neither throws the ball nor runs to attempt for a first down. he really has that I dont know what to do here phase that I absolutely hate. pick one, stick with it. the indecisiveness is killing him and the team.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I wouldnt say hes afraid to run, hes just indecisive. he neither throws the ball nor runs to attempt for a first down. he really has that I dont know what to do here phase that I absolutely hate. pick one, stick with it. the indecisiveness is killing him and the team.

I agree but thats the thing that made him better than Alex Smith last year, dude went with his gut and his instincts were on point. I think thats why posters are saying let him loose in a sense bacause Kap is a great freestyler. His arm while not elite (in terms of accuracy) gives defenses pause and his feet are great when he is given the proper opportunities, but it just hasnt worked that way this season.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I agree but thats the thing that made him better than Alex Smith last year, dude went with his gut and his instincts were on point. I think thats why posters are saying let him loose in a sense bacause Kap is a great freestyler. His arm while not elite (in terms of accuracy) gives defenses pause and his feet are great when he is given the proper opportunities, but it just hasnt worked that way this season.
I dont know about that...we really dont know what plays are being called and how much of it is 'freestyle'. what I do know is that I see open WRs and he hesitates...I see an open lane and he he hesitates, at the end he doesnt do either. in that sense, yeah, he needs to loosen up and make decisions faster

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I dont know about that...we really dont know what plays are being called and how much of it is 'freestyle'. what I do know is that I see open WRs and he hesitates...I see an open lane and he he hesitates, at the end he doesnt do either. in that sense, yeah, he needs to loosen up and make decisions faster

But its like did Harbaugh and Roman say something to him or what, did the terminology change or what. This is why I blame the coaching more because I feel like we tried to fix things that weren't really broken. I watched his games from last year and it's like we're seeing two different QBs. Granted we are missing some elements this year but it shouldn't be this worrying that being said, I feel positive still because of our ability to move the ball on the ground in general but we will need elite or near elite QB play to win a Super Bowl, and if we don't make it that far, maybe we need to have a refresh the OC position. This is a kind of complicated issue and we're all guessing at this point.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
But its like did Harbaugh and Roman say something to him or what, did the terminology change or what. This is why I blame the coaching more because I feel like we tried to fix things that weren't really broken. I watched his games from last year and it's like we're seeing two different QBs. Granted we are missing some elements this year but it shouldn't be this worrying that being said, I feel positive still because of our ability to move the ball on the ground in general but we will need elite or near elite QB play to win a Super Bowl, and if we don't make it that far, maybe we need to have a refresh the OC position. This is a kind of complicated issue and we're all guessing at this point.
actually like Ive said, the GB game this year is not dissimilar to NE or BAL game last year...
that game against SEA last year that he had wasnt dissimilar to the one this year either...down to the VD injury

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
actually like Ive said, the GB game this year is not dissimilar to NE or BAL game last year...
that game against SEA last year that he had wasnt dissimilar to the one this year either...down to the VD injury

Yea it def shows that aside from Frankie da gawd VD is a safety valve for our offense.