Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/roman-49ers-offense-ready-pop
SANTA CLARA – After two consecutive losses in which the 49ers have accounted for fewer than 200 yards of total offense, offensive coordinator Greg Roman predicts much better days are ahead.

“We’re certainly not a finished product,” Roman said Friday. “I think those opportunities are out there and the roof is going to blow off. It’s going to pop. It’s coming.”

That roof-popping game should come Monday night. The 49ers face Washington, which owns the league’s 28th-ranked defense. In back-to-back losses, the 49ers faced the third-ranked Carolina defense and fourth-ranked New Orleans.

“I’d say the past few weeks have not been up to our standard or the standard of production that we expect or work for,” Roman said. “It’s simply a function of getting back to work, identifying problems, fixing those problems and re-emphasizing the positive things.”

There have been few positives to discuss since the bye week. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has struggled. And his production from last season has taken a dive. Kaepernick is down in all statistical areas. He is completing just 56.2 percent of his passes, ranking 31st among all qualifying quarterbacks, while throwing 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions with a passer rating of 81.8. The 49ers rank last in the NFL at 168.0 passing per game. The Raiders are 31st at 186.4.

Roman said he believes Kaepernick is doing some things well. And he noted that one player certainly should not be blamed for the struggles of an entire offense. But there's little doubt that Kaepernick is still learning the game. And Roman said this rough stretch will ultimately be beneficial for him. Kaepernick will make his 21st career start on Monday.

“As far as his development of a quarterback, this is extremely valuable for him to go through these types of situations, battle his way out and learn from them,” Roman said. “To play quarterback in this league is a tall task over time there are so many different things you’ll encounter, so many different players you’ll play with, all those different things that contribute to your growth as a quarterback.”

Meanwhile, coach Jim Harbaugh on Thursday said he cannot believe why anybody would think Kaepernick is not playing well this season.

“I think he’s doing a heck of a job,” Harbaugh said. “I guess I’d be puzzled to why people would think that. What’s most important is what we see. I’m puzzled to why you or anybody else thinks that.”

It better start poppin all right :birdman:

Harbaugh is such a troll. The whole roster could start fighting in front of the press and he'd be like "That's what brothers do. I don't see anything wrong with that" :laugh:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i'm good with this move. brock's been playing very well since taking nnamdi's place and 4 mil a year for a future starting CB likely won't be a cap casualty down the road
the homie yseJ ain't gonna be happy about this :heh:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

i'm good with this move. brock's been playing very well since taking nnamdi's place and 4 mil a year for a future starting CB likely won't be a cap casualty down the road
the homie yseJ ain't gonna be happy about this :heh:

too early imo. hes been good for us lately but I cant help but be skeptical. the guaranteed money isnt that bad tho, I can live with him.

I just despise the style he plays. jumping routes doesnt work as good against good qbs. plus he inevitably got props for some lucky picks like the one in carolina where he was basically covering air in a zone.

with that said, he knows the system and its nice to have some stability in an area where who knows will happen very soon.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brock's extension tells me a couple of things

-we're more likely to draft a WR than a CB in the 1st round next year. my dream scenario of trading up to get sammy watkins is still in play :ahh:

-the team is more likely now to cut los and let brown walk after the season

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

-we're more likely to draft a WR than a CB in the 1st round. my dream scenario of trading up to get sammy watkins is still in play :ahh:

this team should stop drafting WRs imo. they have no clue how to evaluate most offensive players
just go defense, besides kaep and lucky strike in bruce miller, we havent drafted anyone worth a lick on offense, especially on receivers' end. mcdonald is a disappointment so far.

edit: forgot kendall. still point holds. after aj jenkins fiasco Im skeptical at picking a [not a no-brainer] WR in the draft.

its funny how you look at this team and theres talent everywhere so you dont know who to draft exactly...and yet offense is cringe-worthy to look at when we cant run the ball consistently

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

-we're more likely to draft a WR than a CB in the 1st round next year. my dream scenario of trading up to get sammy watkins is still in play :ahh:

i would say cb more likely, which is a bigger need right now

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this team should stop drafting WRs imo. they have no clue how to evaluate most offensive players
just go defense, besides kaep and lucky strike in bruce miller, we havent drafted anyone worth a lick on offense, especially on receivers' end. mcdonald is a disappointment so far.

edit: forgot kendall. still point holds. after aj jenkins fiasco Im skeptical at picking a [not a no-brainer] WR in the draft.

its funny how you look at this team and theres talent everywhere so you dont know who to draft exactly...and yet offense is cringe-worthy to look at when we cant run the ball consistently

our track record of drafting WRs lately is why i think it's best to just go with the no-brainer at this point. sammy watkins is a no-brainer at WR and we got the ammo to trade up. besides that, this draft is supposed to be loaded at WR. we gotta hit on one eventually, right? matter of fact i'd draft 2 WRs next year like we did with jj stokes and TO back in the day

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
good corners can be found anywhere in the draft

baalke and the FO have proven they can find good CBs on day 2 and 3. WRs, not so much
its more of an issue with THEM not being able to find the WRs... aj jenkins was a monumental failure, dude still has one catch for his career...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

We have a disturbing trend of picking undersized receivers, with 'intangibles' instead picking prototypical guys, then we cut the ones with some talent that we pick up in the later rounds it's baffling.

McDonald is a rookie who was thrown into the mix, he's a very good blocker but his hands could use improvement that being said when he does catch the ball he's made some great plays. I think he'll be much improved next year.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good corners can be found anywhere in the draft

baalke and the FO have proven they can find good CBs on day 2 and 3. WRs, not so much

if they cant find wrs then why should they draft one? i think the wr problem should be dealt with fa