Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I would love to believe crabtree out is the root of our problems....

but Ive seen enough to know it aint...hope Im wrong.

even with crabs in we shat the bed in seattle last year...the offense was just never that good to begin with.
games against bad defenses that played soft while up a lot (falcons, ravens) fooled us.

this offense is a struggle offense in its core. we were able to take some teams by surprise last year with kaeps running ability and big throw ability they werent accustomed to.

this year the cats out of the bag. the problem is coaches arent doing shyt to fix it.they cant even fix the basic procedure of getting calls in.

Maybe, but at the same time.... These defensives ain't respecting no one but Bolden

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this offense is a struggle offense in its core. we were able to take some teams by surprise last year with kaeps running ability and big throw ability they werent accustomed to.

this year the cats out of the bag. the problem is coaches arent doing shyt to fix it.they cant even fix the basic procedure of getting calls in.

we have to remember nfl teams have seen romans offense for over 2 years now, they know whats up and he hasnt adjusted.

the rams last year told you that romans offense was predictable and the niners hired mangini to watch roman

the loss of walker is glaring, he was the swiss army knife and mcdonald has been a disappointment

i really wanna see patton back, this team needs a second wr badly and baldwin fuked up today, plain and simple

i dont even wanna depend on crabs coming back, hes 3 weeks away at the earliest and hes going to be worked in slow

props to the d, they did their thing and fuk the refs

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Maybe, but at the same time.... These defensives ain't respecting no one but Bolden
they dont respect the passing game period.
NFL is a show me before I respect you league. they adjusted and they also see our struggles. everyone does
they wont start respecting the passing game until we can actually pass the ball, lets say as well against GB, consistently.

its different playing against a 1st year qb who you have no tape on for the first time and the next year when scouting gathered all info on you. our playcalling is predictable most of the time and like dudes said, players have actually said that there were simple tells on the offense.

thats a no-no in the NFL. playcalling is much like playing poker. if you tip your hand its not finna end well for you

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
they dont respect him either, he was one on one all day
they wont respect anyone. not vd and not boldin and not crabtree

they respect our run game because our run game can gash a defense. our pass game cannot.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they wont respect anyone. not vd and not boldin and not crabtree

they respect our run game because our run game can gash a defense. our pass game cannot.

vd was getting doubled though according to him

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
vd was getting doubled though according to him
didnt you yourself say there were 10 man fronts during the game ? how couldve he been doubled ? :lolbron:

vd gets the most attention out of our core, but really...no one respects the pass game, kaep or any receiver out there. no one is respecting our backs in pass game either and hence Gore being wide open today on that drop

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didnt you yourself say there were 10 man fronts during the game ? how couldve he been doubled ? :lolbron:

vd gets the most attention out of our core, but really...no one respects the pass game, kaep or any receiver out there. no one is respecting our backs in pass game either and hence Gore being wide open today on that drop

he was getting jammed and had a safety on top

there u go

either way something needs to change, that redskin game should be a win but if they sell out and stop the run who knows

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
he was getting jammed and had a safety on top

there u go

either way something needs to change, that redskin game should be a win but if they sell out and stop the run who knows
why would someone NOT sell out and stop the run, this is a better question. stop the run on first, second down
run blitz/blitz on obvious passing downs
this is all DCs have to do really.

we should win against skins because their D is absolute and unadulterated basura.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I will say this..... So many people want to critique Roman and the coaches..... And I will not sit here and say that isn't fair or just!!

But I will say this, at the end of the day...... People need to start holding the players accountable too.

I mean I saw a lot if shyt that no matter Roman made an adjustment or it fukking the greatest coaches of all time where calling plays wouldn't have mattered.

Some of the sacks or rushes, the Ol looked like they just gave up, some of the coverages on D, cats looked burnt and confused or didn't play it well, Gore dropped a wide open pass, and etc

No adjustment in the world can neglect or overrule some of the silly shyt that's going on on the field.

I don't blame the coaches this game..... This feels like it was more on the players coming up short

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I will say this..... So many people want to critique Roman and the coaches..... And I will not sit here and say that isn't fair or just!!

But I will say this, at the end of the day...... People need to start holding the players accountable too.

I mean I saw a lot if shyt that no matter Roman made an adjustment or it fukking the greatest coaches of all time where calling plays wouldn't have mattered.

Some of the sacks or rushes, the Ol looked like they just gave up, some of the coverages on D, cats looked burnt and confused or didn't play it well, Gore dropped a wide open pass, and etc

over

No adjustment in the world can neglect or overrule some of the silly shyt that's going on on the field.

I don't blame the coaches this game..... This feels like it was more on the players coming up short
eh Ill agree that playcalling was a bit better this game, we saw more short passes and rb utilization in the pass game. and key moments came to players not converting, I agree. that Gore drop hurt our soul. those early 3 and outs didnt help either

overall though...still mediocre playcalling...still barely any creativity....still cant get plays in time.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
eh Ill agree that playcalling was a bit better this game, we saw more short passes and rb utilization in the pass game. and key moments came to players not converting, I agree. that Gore drop hurt our soul. those early 3 and outs didnt help either

overall though...still mediocre playcalling...still barely any creativity....still cant get plays in time.

I feel you but I'm a strong believe of "execution"

Them games when AD was running crazy yards..... Everyone and they momma be knowing damn well the Vikes are running..... They put 30 guys in the box, but when properly and perfectly executed, dude stilled crushed defenses.

The so called great Manning and Brady, when they do what they do to D's, yes.... Maybe the play calling is decent but when it comes down to it, it's all about the execution

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I feel you but I'm a strong believe of "execution"

Them games when AD was running crazy yards..... Everyone and they momma be knowing damn well the Vikes are running..... They put 30 guys in the box, but when properly and perfectly executed, dude stilled crushed defenses.

The so called great Manning and Brady, when they do what they do to D's, yes.... Maybe the play calling is decent but when it comes down to it, it's all about the execution
our offense hasnt been able to consistently execute in passing game since Garcia and TO were here tho
in run game we were able to execute tho, but against weaker teams. here and there we also execute against weaker teams on pass O and it works when everything clicks, happened in 2011, happened in 2012 and this year.

against stronger teams tho, individual players effort isnt enough. this is where playcalling comes in, to cater to your players strengths and play chess with the opposing D. and thats where we absolutely struggle. good teams also have lots of talent on their side AND they have good playcalling and in-game adjusting

I agree that in this particular game it looked more on players than playcalling. BUT. it's telling that the coaching staff still attempted no solution at resolving dumb playclock problem, that its not doing enough to remedy the sorry ass offense. this problem is so stupid and with right amount of practice and changing something in the process, it should be gone in two-three weeks. it has plagued us since 2011. I think it speaks volumes about coaching staff. Harbs is great, but his stubbornness tends to hurt us already. He hired Roman at Stanford before 2009 I think, so I doubt he lets him go.

Daps
Anyone else feel this franchise is in a real fragile state? I`m not saying at the moment they are, but you think about Gore eventually falling off, and the overall mystery of our QB status and complete lack of WR targets, it dawned on me.

We're on shaky ground.

Thankfully our defense is very good and will be for a while as we have true stars and young talent all around, but on offense we could be bad for a long time.

The RB position has regressed this year as Hunter isn't doing anything and neither is LMJ, so that once promising duo looks shaky.

The QB position is completely disappointing and I don't know if Kaep is the future of the franchise.

The WR position is bad as it is now, and Boldin is a FA and Crabtree is UFA after 2014.

Line is the only area of the offense I feel good about, line and Vernon