Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
heres another one from last year against the lambs

kaep1_vs_2rams.png

if we run run-heavy offense we will face 8-man fronts often. if the offense is incapable to counter blitz on passing downs, theres no reason for defenses not to blitz. speed wont help here. short passing will.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
ESPN (to be taken with a grain of salt) and a lot of ex nfl players... are saying that they are saving Kaep

that with the rule changes on hitting qb's running the read option, they they holding him back for the last qtr of the season and playoffs. so by the time all these defenses are tired and worn out, here come fresh Kaep... having not done much running, to run all over nikkas

i don't know if i believe that seeing how I think they'd rather be 1st in the division... but if NO nfl players are stepping up and sayin "nah coaches would never do that" then maybe this has gone on a lot before

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
from the link above (only analysis of 3 plays btw, 2 are explained well, this one isnt imo)

pesFt.gif

we have two players wide open on the checkdown. ok, this is that 24 yard to go play....but still...they are wide open underneath. you can at least get decent field position for the punt. instead of trying to get outside...why not check it down ? kaeps propensity for running hurts him on this play. a vet qb who is more of a pocket qb would lob the ball to one of his checkdowns.

thats exactly what I mean by athletic ends being a problem for our offense. they will seal the edge when kaep tries to run.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/14/49ers-wont-rule-out-michael-crabtree-for-week-11/

The 49ers got wide receiver Michael Crabtree back at practice last week for the first time since he injured his Achilles, a development that fell right in line with reports that he’d be ready to make his return from the physically unable to perform list in the middle of November.

Tuesday’s release of wide receiver Kyle Williams offered more reason to speculate about how close Crabtree might be to returning to action. Coach Jim Harbaugh wouldn’t answer that question specifically, but he did say that the team hasn’t made a decision about whether Crabtree would fill the roster spot left open with Williams’ departure.

“We’ll see. I’m not going to make any predictions today on who that is, but we’ve been encouraged with his progress and there’s other options as well,” Harbaugh said, via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

The 49ers may need to promote tight end Derek Carrier from the practice squad in the event that Vernon Davis and/or Garrett Celek can’t play this week, something that could impact a decision on Crabtree’s activation.

I doubt he plays; Probably just gamesmanship to try and get NO to have to gameplan for if he plays...but still:pachaha:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I was sick and bored last night, so I rewatched last game in all-22.

I need to say I was wrong on a few sacks where I blamed kaep instead of oline...but some of the other plays by kaep were absolutely awful. you have dudes wide open on these plays and one was almost a pick, other a scramble on third down when needed a first down and the last one was incomplete with like 3 dudes open. not good brehs

first one could be a td or a huge gain for boldin but kaep just throws an inaccurate lazer instead of putting touch on the ball and it gets picked. second one kw is open for first down gain but kaep instead scrambles for 4 yards
third one mario, vd are wide open and boldin open as well and he throws outbounds to mario :snoop: vd in particular has no one around him at all

cVHnSTC.png

o8wDvWQ.png

Q4E4wIS.png

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
that Gore drop was huge, hard to criticize Frankie but thats a play an NFL player should be able to make....

also fukk anthony davis. gave him so much money to shyt the bed in crucial situations

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6TH fukking seed

started from the bottom......
and it could get even worse
looking at the schedule

foreskins, lambs, squawks, bucs, falcons, cards

they gotta go 5-1 at least to guaranteeing getting that last spot

honestly i dont see any way how they can beat seattle at home, this offense is just a struggle and i hate watching it

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tough tough loss. watching this struggle offense makes me cringe :scusthov:

hopefully we'll get it figured out soon because all of a sudden we're in a dogfight for a wild card spot :sadcam: