VD
delanie
moss

top 4 options so far in 2013:

boldin
VD
kyle
vance

let's leave VD outta this since he's the only top 4 option who has played last year and this year. there is a significant downgrade between 2012 and 2013

we all love quan, but he's no crabs. no matter how u slice it, that's a downgrade. with delanie, nobody caught more deep balls (20+ yards) from kaep than he did last year. that is a fact. i think vance will eventually be better than delanie, but right now he's not. and we all know that randy was :flabbynsick: when he was with us, but at least he got respect from most db's. they would play 5-10 yards off of him and rarely jammed him at the line. kyle wasn't scaring anybody and did not get that same respect.

kaep deserves blame but tbh there's plenty of blame to go around for the lack of a passing offense. u might completely disagree and that's fine, but weapons matter breh
Id take quan over crabs. its not his fault he cannot get balls thrown to him when hes open :manny: and kaep is scared to throw to him when hes one on one and covered

and to be completely honest, kyle was also often open if you look at all-22 film. kaep targeted him most in the GB game when he was wide open deep and underthrew and overthrew him since, barely tried to get the ball to him after, even when he was open (see seattle game, etc)

its issue of trust . receivers arent as blanketed as people make them out to be. kaep stopped trusting anyone not named quan or VD for most part. whether or not its coaching fault, Im not sure.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
once Crabs is back, the ONLY personnel from last year on offense who isnt here this year will be:

Moss (now retired)
Delaine

its laughable to suggest these two guys changed the offense so drastically
There's a huge speed difference

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
yea I dont expect Ray to play, expect VD and Reid to play. TJE looked good at LE last game so lets see how he looks against a good line.

lowkey Glenn Dorsey been beasting for us at NT :blessed: what a great signing

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
whos mike roman ? :wtf:
on an unrelated note, Id kill to have Norv or Mike Holmgren as OC . the latter wont ever happen as long Harbs is here, but Norv is possible

:pachaha: Oops I meant Greg. IDK why I said mike :dead:

But after the loss last Sunday many 9er fans are actin like the sky is falling and actin like the season is over. Dilfer is shyttin on Kaep, now all these other media pundits are sayin slick shyt.

I personally think we are fine. But I do worry about playin Seattle tho :sadcam:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Id take quan over crabs. its not his fault he cannot get balls thrown to him when hes open :manny: and kaep is scared to throw to him when hes one on one and covered

and to be completely honest, kyle was also often open if you look at all-22 film. kaep targeted him most in the GB game when he was wide open deep and underthrew and overthrew him since, barely tried to get the ball to him after, even when he was open (see seattle game, etc)

its issue of trust . receivers arent as blanketed as people make them out to be. kaep stopped trusting anyone not named quan or VD for most part. whether or not its coaching fault, Im not sure.

was kyle consistently getting open tho? i would think that the FO wouldn't have cut him midseason if he was. i agree that there are trust issues between kaep, the coaching staff, and WRs/TEs not named vernon or anquan. hopefully things get better when mario/crabs get into game shape

and quan over crabs? i'm just gonna say i strongly disagree and leave it at that

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looks like the chefs claimed kyle off waivers. that makes 5 ex-49ers from 2012 KC picked up

kyle's a good dude. i wish him well :salute:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:pachaha: Oops I meant Greg. IDK why I said mike :dead:

But after the loss last Sunday many 9er fans are actin like the sky is falling and actin like the season is over. Dilfer is shyttin on Kaep, now all these other media pundits are sayin slick shyt.

I personally think we are fine. But I do worry about playin Seattle tho :sadcam:
we should make the playoffs, Ill say this. we can beat any team in the NFC besides seattle at their house :manny:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, personell is a HUGE reason that the offense isn't as productive like it was last year. Missing Crabs has been huge, especially on 3rd down. Obviously Vernon has been shaky and had the concussion. We miss Ginn on special teams as well. Delanie is missed as well.

Were just gettin Manningham back and Crabtre is comin back soon. We will be fine brehs :whoa:

Of course it is.

Here is who was on the field last year:

Moss (big body, gets open), Delanie (speed, mismatch), VD(speed, mismatch), Crabs (great hands, gets open), Ham (good speed, good hands), Ginn (great speed, terrible hands, gets open)

This year
Boldin (great hands, slow), VD (missed a few games), Vance (rookie, has had some drops), Kyle, Osgood(special teamer), Patton (rookie), Baldwin (lol)

Personell is HUGE as I have been saying. BUT, it's not just about the personnel. It's the coaching staff and Kaep should shoulder some blame. I just can't fukk with folk putting it all on Kaep. Thing is if we had a coach that could scheme these lesser known receivers open we'd be able to see what they can do. But Roman doesn't do this so they are useless.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
was kyle consistently getting open tho? i would think that the FO wouldn't have cut him midseason if he was. i agree that there are trust issues between kaep, the coaching staff, and WRs/TEs not named vernon or anquan. hopefully things get better when mario/crabs get into game shape

and quan over crabs? i'm just gonna say i strongly disagree and leave it at that
there arent many receivers who are consistently getting open, and those who are elite. Im not kaping for kyle, he was the worst player on the offense, giving us nothing in return game..but when he was open he wasnt getting looks

also remember coaching decisions arent necessarily indicative of anything. we cut marcus cooper :manny: and just cut cox who we all thought was quite decent as a backup corner.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
looks like the chefs claimed kyle off waivers. that makes 5 ex-49ers from 2012 KC picked up

kyle's a good dude. i wish him well :salute:

Watch, Andy will make him look a lot better than he looked with us.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Of course it is.

Here is who was on the field last year:

Moss (big body, gets open), Delanie (speed, mismatch), VD(speed, mismatch), Crabs (great hands, gets open), Ham (good speed, good hands), Ginn (great speed, terrible hands, gets open)

This year
Boldin (great hands, slow), VD (missed a few games), Vance (rookie, has had some drops), Kyle, Osgood(special teamer), Patton (rookie), Baldwin (lol)

Personell is HUGE as I have been saying. BUT, it's not just about the personnel. It's the coaching staff and Kaep should shoulder some blame. I just can't fukk with folk putting it all on Kaep. Thing is if we had a coach that could scheme these lesser known receivers open we'd be able to see what they can do. But Roman doesn't do this so they are useless.
osgood ran a total of 2 routes this year. ginn ran like 20 routes last year, literally...aj ran more routes last year. moss does not have a big body compared to someone like baldwin...

you have a lot of simply inaccurate info in this post. kyle williams was involved in 3 times as more plays than ginn and almost as much time as 'ham last year. no one was baggin on him last year for playing pretty much the same as he did this year

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Cutting Perrish Cox leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I think he was developing nicely and could have been a good depth corner, I actually prefer him to Eric Wright quiet as kept.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Cutting Perrish Cox leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I think he was developing nicely and could have been a good depth corner, I actually prefer him to Eric Wright quiet as kept.
yeah...although I chuckled at cutting cox leaving taste in your mouth :heh:

cox was a donatell guy, and I know either him or vic were trying to get wright before many times. I dont get the obsession with the guy tbh. but as he is a hometown boy, maybe he will play his heart out.