Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
yeah...although I chuckled at cutting cox leaving taste in your mouth :heh:

cox was a donatell guy, and I know either him or vic were trying to get wright before many times. I dont get the obsession with the guy tbh. but as he is a hometown boy, maybe he will play his heart out.

Yea but I feel like we should favor youth over experience (even if it's only a couple of years) particularly when he is a good special teams player and a well balanced CB. Well I wish him success, I can think of 3 or 4 teams where he would be a starter.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea but I feel like we should favor youth over experience particularly when he is a good special teams player and a well balanced CB. Well I wish him success, I can think of 3 or 4 teams where he would be a starter.
agreed, like Ive said doesnt look like the cooper fiasco taught us anything :manny:
I wonder if darryl morris will get any PT in secondary

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
plus, seems like vic/donatell are all about scheme. remember they threw spencer in the bushes right away, and were quite fast to let go of nnamdi. they dont like man-coverage only guys. and cox wasnt as good in zone lately.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
osgood ran a total of 2 routes this year. ginn ran like 20 routes last year, literally...aj ran more routes last year. moss does not have a big body compared to someone like baldwin...

you have a lot of simply inaccurate info in this post. kyle williams was involved in 3 times as more plays than ginn and almost as much time as 'ham last year. no one was baggin on him last year for playing pretty much the same as he did this year

Randy and Baldwin are the same size...difference is Randy is Randy and Baldwin is Baldwin. Ginn still had SPEED and could get open. Kyle simply did not seize the opportunity. He was better last year. If you think the personell this year is anything like last year then...I don't know what to tell you.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
161jkf5.jpg

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Randy and Baldwin are the same size...difference is Randy is Randy and Baldwin is Baldwin. Ginn still had SPEED and could get open. Kyle simply did not seize the opportunity. He was better last year. If you think the personell this year is anything like last year then...I don't know what to tell you.
ginn barely played last year breh. he had two targets for 1 yard and ran 20 routes total. how can you bring him into this equation let alone say anything about him ? :wtf:
I dont know what to tell YOU here. we didnt use him, period. its the facts. baldwin is already more useful on offense than ginn was last year

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
might as well say that aj jenkins last year constituted different personnel :manny: I mean he had just one 1 less reception than ginn last year :laugh:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
speed is overrated to me. we already had that argument

people really think our problems can be solved by getting a mike wallace or a josh gordon ? :why:

speed spreads the field, look at whats happening. the wrs are getting jammed at the line and teams have no fear of getting beat up top

speed makes the defense play honest, no teams play honest vs the niners, they just line up in 8-9 man fronts with no fear

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
speed spreads the field, look at whats happening. the wrs are getting jammed at the line and teams have no fear of getting beat up top

speed makes the defense play honest, no teams play honest vs the niners, they just line up in 8-9 man fronts with no fear
teams lined up in 8-9 man fronts for years against our team. and they will continue to do so regardless if we dont have any kind of short game to counter the blitz.
the speed wont matter if teams blitz half their team and get kaep flustered before he can launch a bomb

but before people blamed alex on the 8-9 man fronts :manny: and now its lack of personnel...its inconsistent. fact is even with kaep last year teams still stacked the box against Gore, by far the biggest % of plays with 8-9 man fronts seen by RB in the league.

stop being so enamored with deep passes or even the threat of them. that shyt is overrated like crazy. you can shutdown any speedy receiver in the game with the right coverage. there is no answer for the right short game if its executed correctly. teams didnt put double coverage on moss and while they were playing off him, it didnt prevent them from putting 8-9 in the box

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
teams lined up in 8-9 man fronts for years against our team. and they will continue to do so regardless if we dont have any kind of short game to counter the blitz.
the speed wont matter if teams blitz half their team and get kaep flustered before he can launch a bomb

but before people blamed alex on the 8-9 man fronts :manny: and now its lack of personnel...its inconsistent. fact is even with kaep last year teams still stacked the box against Gore, by far the biggest % of plays with 8-9 man fronts seen by RB in the league.

stop being so enamored with deep passes or even the threat of them. that shyt is overrated like crazy. you can shutdown any speedy receiver in the game with the right coverage. there is no answer for the right short game if its executed correctly. teams didnt put double coverage on moss and while they were playing off him, it didnt prevent them from putting 8-9 in the box

you cant have a short game when teams are stacking the line and jamming the wrs because everybody is packed in like sardines.

why does this offense look even worse when vernon is gone? well because his speed guarantees double coverage which opens it up for everybody else

when you have no speed your wrs get jammed and no fuks are given by the defense. only the threat of a hr can change that.

yes you can stop speed with the right coverage, thats usually from safety help over the top which means less bodies at the line of scrimmage

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
man we were run blitzed heavy by the ravens last two times we played them. the ravens defensive players explicitly said after the SB the DC called run blitz EVERY time on that last set of plays in the SB

the run blitz isnt some kind of genius system. its quite simple, its a way to shoot the gaps, and get both the qb or the rb whatever is the call. it is countered easily by having some kind of short outlet that can be run by a WR who has good breaks, footwork and good route. or a misdirection play

again, we were facing 8-9 fronts in nearly every game for last however many games

part of the reason is because we like power formations and almost never put out 3WR formations. if we do a spread we do it with no one in the backfield and teams blitz half their team getting to qb fast. its no rocket science

Misdirection1_original.jpg

look how many players are in the box here in the superbowl. shyt aint changed

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ginn barely played last year breh. he had two targets for 1 yard and ran 20 routes total. how can you bring him into this equation let alone say anything about him ? :wtf:
I dont know what to tell YOU here. we didnt use him, period. its the facts. baldwin is already more useful on offense than ginn was last year

Forgot Ginn didn't play last year. He's still a threat, though. :mjpls:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Forgot Ginn didn't play last year. He's still a threat, though. :mjpls:
hes used better in carolina :manny: this team isnt quite built the way their team is tho. our oline isnt built to withstand heavy pressure in the gaps. theyre built to maul players. teams go ham on anthony davis and abuse the A gap blitz