Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's another problem i`ll have with Kaep, he isn't good at the short stuff. The stuff that can move the chains in little chunks, on Sunday he took a terrible sack trying to scramble into pressure instead of just hitting Hunter on a dumpoff.
Im wondering whether coaching gave him a green light on these plays. if its so, they need to instill the concept of a dumpoff in his head and tell him not to run outside to avoid pressure.

but honestly, seeing how the offense is allergic to short passing and seeing how kaep struggles against the blitz, a good OC would put several short routes to dump the ball to. so its tough to see whats the real root cause

but yes, kaeps accuracy on short passes has dwindled, especially last game was awful. looked like alex out there in terms of inaccuracy even on short throws, throwing at peoples legs and out of bounds and shyt

one thing Ive noticed rewatching, towards the end of the game panthers D started disguise their formations almost until the ball was snapped, to prevent kaep from changing plays

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I keep thinking a lot of this shyt is mental tho. Still believe that once Kaep figures shyt out he'll be back to his form last year- not making mistakes, being accurate, making reads and having pocket presence. All his problems stem from indecisiveness imo.
that doesnt mean his play this year after the GB game hasnt been shyt tho.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
U guys need to quit bringing up last year, the personel ain't the same
this whole personnel thing is a giant excuse, sorry breh
we cut KW, who is now going to be the scapegoat if roman and kaep fukk up again ?

our offense has tons of weapons and once crabs is back, cannot have that excuse anymore either. miss me with that speed shyt too, mike wallace bum ass showing how overrated that is.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
once Crabs is back, the ONLY personnel from last year on offense who isnt here this year will be:

Moss (now retired)
Delaine

its laughable to suggest these two guys changed the offense so drastically

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
once Crabs is back, the ONLY personnel from last year on offense who isnt here this year will be:

Moss (now retired)
Delaine

It's not laughable and one could honestly make valid points that having Moss in the starting lineup caused defense to play the Niners different.

Walker, too.

I'm not making those excuses, I'm just saying it's not laughable.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
It's not laughable and one could honestly make valid points that having Moss in the starting lineup caused defense to play the Niners different.

Walker, too.

I'm not making those excuses, I'm just saying it's not laughable.

I say its laughable. plenty of teams had far better personnel departed.
moss wasnt even on the field that much, and ran just a bit more route than kyle williams last year.
and while we miss delaine, it speaks to the coaching staff more that they arent able to replace a guy whose main asset was blocking on wham run plays

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I say its laughable. plenty of teams had far better personnel departed.
moss wasnt even on the field that much, and ran just a bit more route than kyle williams last year.
and while we miss delaine, it speaks to the coaching staff more that they arent able to replace a guy whose main asset was blocking on wham run plays

I see what you're saying but in some instances Repuation > Actual skill.

The threat of Moss was enough to alter defensive game plans, even if all he ran were go and comeback routes.

Daps
I see what you're saying but in some instances Repuation > Actual skill.

The threat of Moss was enough to alter defensive game plans, even if all he ran were go and comeback routes.

But almost anyone we played said they didn't give a fukk about Moss.

There wasn't special treatment towards him, the league knew he was limited and treated him that way.

But yet and still Moss>Marlon Moore and Jon Baldwin

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Brehs, personell is a HUGE reason that the offense isn't as productive like it was last year. Missing Crabs has been huge, especially on 3rd down. Obviously Vernon has been shaky and had the concussion. We miss Ginn on special teams as well. Delanie is missed as well.

Were just gettin Manningham back and Crabtre is comin back soon. We will be fine brehs :whoa:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Brehs, personell is a HUGE reason that the offense isn't as productive like it was last year. Missing Crabs has been huge, especially on 3rd down. Obviously Vernon has been shaky and had the concussion. We miss Ginn on special teams as well. Delanie is missed as well.

Were just gettin Manningham back and Crabtre is comin back soon. We will be fine brehs :whoa:
so when crabs is back and IF we still suck at passing, will you admit that personnel is not the reason ?

ginn wasnt very good in ST for us last year, at all. still better than what we had so far...but really, he hasnt been a factor since 2011

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
so when crabs is back and IF we still suck at passing, will you admit that personnel is not the reason ?

ginn wasnt very good in ST for us last year, at all. still better than what we had so far...but really, he hasnt been a factor since 2011

Yeah, IF Crabs comes back and we still ain't passin effectivley then yeah we got big problems. But if we have a healthy VD, Crabs, Manningham, Boldin and Fankie is healthy. I ain't got no worries. Mike Roman is gonna be callin plays like he used to :obama:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, IF Crabs comes back and we still ain't passin effectivley then yeah we got big problems. But if we have a healthy VD, Crabs, Manningham, Boldin and Fankie is healthy. I ain't got no worries. Mike Roman is gonna be callin plays like he used to :obama:
whos mike roman ? :wtf:
on an unrelated note, Id kill to have Norv or Mike Holmgren as OC . the latter wont ever happen as long Harbs is here, but Norv is possible

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Moss (now retired)
Delaine

top 4 options at the end of 2012:

crabs
VD
delanie
moss

top 4 options so far in 2013:

boldin
VD
kyle
vance

let's leave VD outta this since he's the only top 4 option who has played last year and this year. there is a significant downgrade between 2012 and 2013

we all love quan, but he's no crabs. no matter how u slice it, that's a downgrade. with delanie, nobody caught more deep balls (20+ yards) from kaep than he did last year. that is a fact. i think vance will eventually be better than delanie, but right now he's not. and we all know that randy was :flabbynsick: when he was with us, but at least he got respect from most db's. they would play 5-10 yards off of him and rarely jammed him at the line. kyle wasn't scaring anybody and did not get that same respect.

kaep deserves blame but tbh there's plenty of blame to go around for the lack of a passing offense. u might completely disagree and that's fine, but weapons matter breh