Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
...I dont see why hes so exempt from criticisms by some people (and I dont mean anyone on here at this point) theyd rather criticize our receivers, line, so on and so forth except for kaep...because he can run and hes got a cannon ?. I dont know. I dont dikkride qbs and consider them equal to other positions, so its hard for me to tell why people are so defensive about kaep but can shyt on any other position freely... but then again tons of people defended alex last year too.....

The reason Kap gets a pass is because he took over the team last year and guided us to the Superbowl, because last year he was everything that Alex wasn't (Explosive, decisive, willing to take risks and throw receivers open, etc), and because people have seen him play better, so the know he can play better.

When there's upside or potential, you'll always get a pass and the blame passed to some other factor. I'm not saying this lasts forever, but you can clearly see with every player that ever had "potential" that they're given excuses made as to why they're not living up to that potential and given every opportunity to prove that potential. The fact that we've seen what Kap can do only makes it worse.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Kaep is part of the problem but this shyt right here...

iKaLBUD3XURIn.gif

is vintage Roman. Kaep has taken a lot of criticism and deserves some. The problem is there are other factors that contribute to his erratic/disappointing play. Roman's the biggest culprit. If the plays were there and Kaep was just missing them I'd be a lot harder on him.

I also don't expect to see much out of our offense this week against Rob Ryan's D....so 6-4 is pretty likely.
this is not a terribly good example imo. coaching has zero confidence in kaep at this point and at their own 20 theyd rather keep it safe and not do anything stupid.
like that sack the play before for -14 yards and a declined facemask
we arent a team that can gun it out with big success on 2nd and 24, especially in todays state, especially against a team that has great pass rush like the panthers.

youd be better off using the draw in the endzone as an example

Last edited:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The reason Kap gets a pass is because he took over the team last year and guided us to the Superbowl, because last year he was everything that Alex wasn't (Explosive, decisive, willing to take risks and throw receivers open, etc), and because people have seen him play better, so the know he can play better.

When there's upside or potential, you'll always get a pass and the blame passed to some other factor. I'm not saying this lasts forever, but you can clearly see with every player that ever had "potential" that they're given excuses made as to why they're not living up to that potential and given every opportunity to prove that potential. The fact that we've seen what Kap can do only makes it worse.
he didnt quite "guide us" to the Superbowl. the team did. he was a big contributor, sure.

yet when Carlos Rogers or Justin Smith (big contributors of the 2011 run) fell off from 2011 form, no one has problems admitting it and placing the blame on them (rightfully so)

this goes back to qb fapping done by seemingly everyone.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is not a terribly good example imo. coaching has zero confidence in kaep at this point and at their own 20 theyd rather keep it safe and not do anything stupid.
like that sack the play before for -14 yards and a declined facemask
we arent a team that can gun it out with big success on 2nd and 24, especially in todays state, especially against a team that has great pass rush like the panthers.

youd be better off using the draw in the endzone as an example

I didn't have a gif of that one....but my point is there are many other high percentage plays to run in that scenario and we run that...and we do it consistently. No screens, no draws, no nothing. So I'm not expecting a "gun it out" but I'm expecting something better than that.

Daps
he didnt quite "guide us" to the Superbowl. the team did. he was a big contributor, sure.

yet when Carlos Rogers or Justin Smith (big contributors of the 2011 run) fell off from 2011 form, no one has problems admitting it and placing the blame on them (rightfully so)

this goes back to qb fapping done by seemingly everyone.

He was a big part of the SB run, but our defense put us in it with that 2nd half shutout in ATL

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I didn't have a gif of that one....but my point is there are many other high percentage plays to run in that scenario and we run that...and we do it consistently. No screens, no draws, no nothing. So I'm not expecting a "gun it out" but I'm expecting something better than that.
yeah, the lack of short passing game is absolutely mindblowing. especially since WCO is based on that and TONS of qbs in the league live and die by it. especially since we have some guys who can catch the ball in the backfield- while Gore got older, LMJ and Kendall can do things in space with ball in their hands

Daps

While variety is necessary, our run game been beasting this year so to just try and maul and rely on that I have no problem with honestly.

Roman can be absolutely awful though, but a lot of the stuff I see causing this team to struggle when it does has a lot to do with the QB flat out not playing well.

I think he will get better with Crabs coming back, that really was his security blanket and with him not being great at progressing through reads the trust he has in Crabs will at least help him get rid of the ball quicker.

Daps
yeah, the lack of short passing game is absolutely mindblowing. especially since WCO is based on that and TONS of qbs in the league live and die by it. especially since we have some guys who can catch the ball in the backfield- while Gore got older, LMJ and Kendall can do things in space with ball in their hands

That's another problem i`ll have with Kaep, he isn't good at the short stuff. The stuff that can move the chains in little chunks, on Sunday he took a terrible sack trying to scramble into pressure instead of just hitting Hunter on a dumpoff.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I simply don't get it.