Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
one thing I hate is double standards

you my dude but youre being as defensive of colin as lastemp was of alex alst year...and anytime he criticizes colin you bring up alex for no reason, man.

and really, the fact that kaep is in his third year cannot and will not cover his terrible play this year

I dont understand this protectiveness of qbs. lets call spade a spade. yes, the playcalling is the #1 thing holding the offense back (and been holding it back ever since alex struggled against the giants in the NFCC game and roman refused to run the ball). but kaep is like a holy cow everyone is scared to call out for his subpar play.

lets be real. if this was alex throwing balls outbounds sunday and not completing a single pass over 10 yards, throwing a surefire pick that was dropped and taking an awful sack on the last drive, you would be tearing him a new @sshole right about now.

I've criticized Kaep many times. I'm just not overly dramatic about it because his play since the coaching staff is not doing him any favors. Point...blank...period.

Edit: You're right. If Alex played like Kaep, I'd be all over him. The reason for that is one guy is a 9 year vet, the other has started 16 games. If Kaep looks like this next year...then I'll be right there with the rest a yall crying bloody murder.

Daps
That's not the comparison that I was making. I was comparing how they were linked. But lets drop it. No one seems to understand what I meant and I'm not going to explain it.

That's because there is no explaining it.

They're only linked in the head of people like you who can't let the former player go

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I've criticized Kaep many times. I'm just not overly dramatic about it because his play since the coaching staff is not doing him any favors. Point...blank...period.
whats dramatic ? its the same coaching staff that was coaching the previous qb and you were always quick to criticize the previous qb, a lot. Id say dramatically enough too. we all were.

Daps
No. it's not.

I don't see anyone making signs like this for Barlow

628x471.jpg

That's my point exactly, you're dooped by the internet.

There are probably 60,000 people at the stick, and since #11 is still big in your mind, you let one internet photo become bigger than it is.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
nick moody has been activated

and it looks like we waived perrish cox too. gotta say that's a lot more surprising than cutting kyle. eric wright must be looking really good in practice for them to make this move
I dont get it, we went from super deep at corner to pretty damn shallow...I dont like it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whats dramatic ? its the same coaching staff that was coaching the previous qb and you were always quick to criticize the previous qb, a lot. Id say dramatically enough too. we all were.

Coaching the previous QB who had been in the league 7 years prior? I was shytting on Roman when we had Alex too...but I'm sorry, my expectations for a 8 year vet are higher than they are for a 2 year one.:manny:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Coaching the previous QB who had been in the league 7 years prior? I was shytting on Roman when we had Alex too...but I'm sorry, my expectations for a 8 year vet are higher than they are for a 2 year one.:manny:
here we go again...I knew this was your answer, so what time will you start holding colin accountable ?
hes been the worst player on offense besides kyle williams
you take away the GB game and you take away a quarter of his yards
dude has a 42 qb rating in the 4th quarter with 1 td and 4 picks
hes dead last in the league under pressure

realistically you take away the GB game, and hes been worse than average QB in the league since.

yes, roman is a clown and our receiver core *could* be better. but tons of teams have it far worse. lots of teams would kill to have our oline, gore, boldin, vd, miller. roman is a clown but hes not the worst oc in the league. mike glennon on a terribly coached team looking like a vet out there compared to kaep, breh.

Daps
yes, roman is a clown and our receiver core *could* be better. but tons of teams have it far worse. lots of teams would kill to have our oline, gore, boldin, vd, miller.

That's what kills me, he is doing the thing most awful fans do, blame the OC for the QB's failures. OC's just call plays, the players are the ones who make them.

Like you said there are a lot of QB's doing a lot more with a lot less, we're not as un-talented as the apologists want to make us out to be.

I think of it like this, is this team any worse with Colt McCoy playing? No joke, is it?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what kills me, he is doing the thing most awful fans do, blame the OC for the QB's failures. OC's just call plays, the players are the ones who make them.

Like you said there are a lot of QB's doing a lot more with a lot less, we're not as un-talented as the apologists want to make us out to be.

I think of it like this, is this team any worse with Colt McCoy playing? No joke, is it?

you obviously didnt see mccoy during the preseason

roman expects the wrs to beat their coverage which they cant. i mean whats going to happen in december when the hawks come here? is roman gonna call the same shyt over and over? u gotta free up these wrs and help them out

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
here we go again...I knew this was your answer, so what time will you start holding colin accountable ?
hes been the worst player on offense besides kyle williams
you take away the GB game and you take away a quarter of his yards
dude has a 42 qb rating in the 4th quarter with 1 td and 4 picks
hes dead last in the league under pressure

realistically you take away the GB game, and hes been worse than average QB in the league since.

yes, roman is a clown and our receiver core *could* be better. but tons of teams have it far worse. lots of teams would kill to have our oline, gore, boldin, vd, miller. roman is a clown but hes not the worst oc in the league. mike glennon on a terribly coached team looking like a vet out there compared to kaep, breh.

I have held him accountable for his inconsistent play throughout the year. I just don't hold him accountable for the entire offense's woes.

Daps
you obviously didnt see mccoy during the preseason

roman expects the wrs to beat their coverage which they cant. i mean whats going to happen in december when the hawks come here? is roman gonna call the same shyt over and over? u gotta free up these wrs and help them out

Nah, I seen McCoy he sucked, but so does Kaepernick for the most part, so what's the big difference.

Might be one game worse, maybe 5-4. Colin has been much more of a hinderance than a help to this team

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

nah mccoy is like a very poor version of alex. wed be worse.

and nah Im with @JLova about the oc. roman sucks. the worst thing is he can be really good, but he gets into this dumb and arrogant mode. I thought I wouldnt let go of him refusing to run the ball when alex struggled in the 2nd half against the Giants in nfc championship. then next year he calls 3 straight fades to crabs with superbowl on the line

good oc's know how to cater to their players' strengths. I dont know what roman is doing. he'll run the ball extremely well in first half and then come out on some :smugfavre: youll be expecting run so Ill pass. no, idiot, teams will still load 9 men in the box until kaep can consistently beat teams with his arm. then roman/harbaughs offense doesnt have many passes to the RB, even when alex was here. I thought it was the weirdest shyt ever when alex was here, a WCO that doesnt utilize short passes with a guy whos main strength were short passes :wtf:

but the problem is kaep is clearly responsible for a good part of offenses struggles, too. I dont see why hes so exempt from criticisms by some people (and I dont mean anyone on here at this point) theyd rather criticize our receivers, line, so on and so forth except for kaep...because he can run and hes got a cannon ?. I dont know. I dont dikkride qbs and consider them equal to other positions, so its hard for me to tell why people are so defensive about kaep but can shyt on any other position freely... but then again tons of people defended alex last year too.....

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah mccoy is like a very poor version of alex. wed be worse.

and nah Im with @JLova about the oc. roman sucks. the worst thing is he can be really good, but he gets into this dumb and arrogant mode. I thought I wouldnt let go of him refusing to run the ball when alex struggled in the 2nd half against the Giants in nfc championship. then next year he calls 3 straight fades to crabs with superbowl on the line

good oc's know how to cater to their players' strengths. I dont know what roman is doing. he'll run the ball extremely well in first half and then come out on some :smugfavre: youll be expecting run so Ill pass. no, idiot, teams will still load 9 men in the box until kaep can consistently beat teams with his arm. then roman/harbaughs offense doesnt have many passes to the RB, even when alex was here. I thought it was the weirdest shyt ever when alex was here, a WCO that doesnt utilize short passes with a guy whos main strength were short passes :wtf:

but the problem is kaep is clearly responsible for a good part of offenses struggles, too. I dont see why hes so exempt from criticisms by some people (and I dont mean anyone on here at this point) theyd rather criticize our receivers, line, so on and so forth except for kaep...because he can run and hes got a cannon ?. I dont know. I dont dikkride qbs and consider them equal to other positions, so its hard for me to tell why people are so defensive about kaep but can shyt on any other position freely... but then again tons of people defended alex last year too.....

Kaep is part of the problem but this shyt right here...

iKaLBUD3XURIn.gif

is vintage Roman. Kaep has taken a lot of criticism and deserves some. The problem is there are other factors that contribute to his erratic/disappointing play. Roman's the biggest culprit. If the plays were there and Kaep was just missing them I'd be a lot harder on him.

I also don't expect to see much out of our offense this week against Rob Ryan's D....so 6-4 is pretty likely.