Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Daps
You completely misunderstood what I said and are being overly dramatic about it. Well done.

You said nothing, you said 1 sentence and did zero explaining.

You simply said Alex and Kaep will always be linked like Joe and Steve.

Further elaborate on your points if you want to make any.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You said nothing, you said 1 sentence and did zero explaining.

You simply said Alex and Kaep will always be linked like Joe and Steve.

Further elaborate on your points if you want to make any.

I never said the situations were the same. Keep going.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not comparing the QBs in any way. I'm comparing the situations and how the fans reacted to it along with the media not being able to mention one without mentioning the other.

you werent around then, steve young got shytted on majorly before he won his superbowl

its not the same
even today young still doesnt get the respect hes due

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good news on VD and eric. i'll be surprised if either one plays on sunday tho. especially eric. 2 concussions in 2 months worries me a little

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you werent around then, steve young got shytted on majorly before he won his superbowl

its not the same
even today young still doesnt get the respect hes due

That's not the comparison that I was making. I was comparing how they were linked. But lets drop it. No one seems to understand what I meant and I'm not going to explain it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not the comparison that I was making. I was comparing how they were linked. But lets drop it. No one seems to understand what I meant and I'm not going to explain it.
there not linked, thats like linking the rb before gore arrived? barlow? nobody cares

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You need to get over whatever attachment you have of #11. Also, as hard as you're trying to blame 1 guy for the loss, our playcalling has been ass for a long time. We just happened to lose so in comes all the panic. Kaep is running into sacks due to a) him not seeing the pressure and b) our playcalling being predictable and archaic. It's Jimmie Raye levels of crap. Look at the play designs in the passing game....terrible. The play selection...terrible. We can't even take advantage of LMJ in the open field. You can't just look at sacks and be like "that's on the QB". Some are and some are not. When you have an OC running draw plays inside the endzone....having the FB line up wide...being predictable with the playcalls it's hard to shift all the blame on the QB.

You talk about losing by 1. We were running well on Carolina and instead of going for it on 4th and 1 deep in Carolina territory we went for the FG. No guts. Not the 1st time that has happened either. That loss is on coaches. It's not like the execution was bad. The game planning was BAD and after a bye week, that's on the coaching staff.
one thing I hate is double standards

you my dude but youre being as defensive of colin as lastemp was of alex alst year...and anytime he criticizes colin you bring up alex for no reason, man.

and really, the fact that kaep is in his third year cannot and will not excuse his terrible play this year

I dont understand this protectiveness of qbs. lets call spade a spade. yes, the playcalling is the #1 thing holding the offense back (and been holding it back ever since alex struggled against the giants in the NFCC game and roman refused to run the ball). but kaep is like a holy cow everyone is scared to call out for his subpar play.

lets be real. if this was alex throwing balls outbounds sunday and not completing a single pass over 10 yards, throwing a surefire pick that was dropped and taking an awful sack on the last drive, as well as going 1/13 on third downs, you would be tearing him a new a$$hole right about now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there not linked, thats like linking the rb before gore arrived? barlow? nobody cares

No. it's not.

I don't see anyone making signs like this for Barlow

628x471.jpg