Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once he mentioned #11 I was done with the article.

Got no time for that nonsense.

As for the headline of blame the coaches, the coaches aren't the ones in the pocket running into sacks and panicking at the first sign of pressure. We lost by 1 Sunday, and Colin had the chance to make that not so twice in the 4th, he did it neither time.

I gave him all the praise at the beginning of the year, thought he was potentially the best in the game, so he`ll also get the blame when he's playing the way he is
well your going to panic when your wrs arnt getting open. carolina has a top 10 pass defense, this was going to be a hard game as it was and it didnt help the o-line laid another egg. what do you when the defense getting pressure on your qb, throw some screens to make them think twice. i know screens arnt a big part of harbaugh or romans offense but they gotta do something because this team is not winning the one on one battles without vernon or crabtree

i just dont understand why they keep trying to do this man shyt against good defenses, it doesnt work

are they gonna have the same game plan next month against seattle again? it doesnt work, run some picks do something to make defenses think twice about stacking the line with 8-10 man fronts

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Once he mentioned #11 I was done with the article.

Got no time for that nonsense.

As for the headline of blame the coaches, the coaches aren't the ones in the pocket running into sacks and panicking at the first sign of pressure. We lost by 1 Sunday, and Colin had the chance to make that not so twice in the 4th, he did it neither time.

I gave him all the praise at the beginning of the year, thought he was potentially the best in the game, so he`ll also get the blame when he's playing the way he is

You need to get over whatever attachment you have of #11. Also, as hard as you're trying to blame 1 guy for the loss, our playcalling has been ass for a long time. We just happened to lose so in comes all the panic. Kaep is running into sacks due to a) him not seeing the pressure and b) our playcalling being predictable and archaic. It's Jimmie Raye levels of crap. Look at the play designs in the passing game....terrible. The play selection...terrible. We can't even take advantage of LMJ in the open field. You can't just look at sacks and be like "that's on the QB". Some are and some are not. When you have an OC running draw plays inside the endzone....having the FB line up wide...being predictable with the playcalls it's hard to shift all the blame on the QB.

You talk about losing by 1. We were running well on Carolina and instead of going for it on 4th and 1 deep in Carolina territory we went for the FG. No guts. Not the 1st time that has happened either. That loss is on coaches. It's not like the execution was bad. The game planning was BAD and after a bye week, that's on the coaching staff.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well your going to panic when your wrs arnt getting open. carolina has a top 10 pass defense, this was going to be a hard game as it was and it didnt help the o-line laid another egg. what do you when the defense getting pressure on your qb, throw some screens to make them think twice. i know screens arnt a big part of harbaugh or romans offense but they gotta do something because this team is not winning the one on one battles without vernon or crabtree

i just dont understand why they keep trying to do this man shyt against good defenses, it doesnt work

are they gonna have the same game plan next month against seattle again? it doesnt work, run some picks do something to make defenses think twice about stacking the line with 8-10 man fronts

Bruh...this is why I knew the game was done when VD was out. Besides him, we don't have anyone that can stretch the field. So we got slow receivers running these long, drawn out routes downfield and getting blanketed while Kaep struggles to find the open man. It's easy as hell to thwart our passing game especially with VD out.

Daps
You need to get over whatever attachment you have of #11. f.

See that's what you're not getting, I have non, hence I never mention the guy at all and i`m not into reading articles comparing the 2 QB's.

That shyt is done and over with and Cohen is an awful writer relying on that crutch to get some clicks.

For as much as you think that is still on my mind, it's funny because not once have I ever brought up the former QB at any point this year, especially when it comes to our current QB

And we had the ball with 1 minute left down by one, and Kaepernick shyt his pants in 2 plays. You can't call that bad coaching, that's bad play bottom line. Game was on the line and he was terrible

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
50-cent-andy-reid-niners.gif

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
See that's what you're not getting, I have non, hence I never mention the guy at all and i`m not into reading articles comparing the 2 QB's.

That shyt is done and over with and Cohen is an awful writer relying on that crutch to get some clicks.

For as much as you think that is still on my mind, it's funny because not once have I ever brought up the former QB at any point this year, especially when it comes to our current QB

Alex and Kaep will be linked just like Steve and Joe.

Daps
Alex and Kaep will be linked just like Steve and Joe.
If you want them to be they will, if you keep that rhetoric alive it will be.

49ers fans have zero reason to be talking about #11 since we got that extra draft pick, so why should we be reading articles by hack writers comparing the two?

This aint no fukking Steve and Joe issue, that shyt is stupid. Joe was a 4x SB champ and 1st ballot HOFer.

This was just a fukking QB switch

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you want them to be they will, if you keep that rhetoric alive it will be.

49ers fans have zero reason to be talking about #11 since we got that extra draft pick, so why should we be reading articles by hack writers comparing the two?

This aint no fukking Steve and Joe issue, that shyt is stupid. Joe was a 4x SB champ and 1st ballot HOFer.

This was just a fukking QB switch

I figured you wouldn't understand and be dramatic about it. Moving on...

Daps
I figured you wouldn't understand and be dramatic about it. Moving on...

There's nothing to understand, you're comparing Alex Smith to fukking Joe Montana and Kaepernick to Steve Young.

It's a stupid ass comparison, the situation is nothing alike, whatsoever.

Only idiots will try and conjure up that idea. While other fans just move on and worry about who is currently on the team

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's nothing to understand, you're comparing Alex Smith to fukking Joe Montana and Kaepernick to Steve Young.

It's a stupid ass comparison, the situation is nothing alike, whatsoever.

Only idiots will try and conjure up that idea. While other fans just move on and worry about who is currently on the team

*sigh*

I never compared the two players....but if that's what you want to run with...then go ahead.

Daps
*sigh*

I never compared the two players....but if that's what you want to run with...then go ahead.

You're comparing the situation, and that is ridiculous.

Joe was a 4x champ, hands down greatest QB of all time who got injured and was on the best for years. There was a lot more to switching to Steve than there was switching to Colin.

Alex was a guy with 1.5 good years on the team who got a concussion and was replaced a few weeks later.

To compare the situations is silly and lazy. You`d be better off comparing this to Bledsoe/Brady

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lol were talking about 2 hof qbs from the past? alex aint no hof and kaep better step it up

I'm not comparing the QBs in any way. I'm comparing the situations and how the fans reacted to it along with the media not being able to mention one without mentioning the other.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're comparing the situation, and that is ridiculous.

Joe was a 4x champ, hands down greatest QB of all time who got injured and was on the best for years. There was a lot more to switching to Steve than there was switching to Colin.

Alex was a guy with 1.5 good years on the team who got a concussion and was replaced a few weeks later.

To compare the situations is silly and lazy. You`d be better off comparing this to Bledsoe/Brady

You completely misunderstood what I said and are being overly dramatic about it. Well done.

Daps
I'm not comparing the QBs in any way. I'm comparing the situations and how the fans reacted to it along with the media not being able to mention one without mentioning the other.

I addressed the situations too, and they're not the same.

Kaep was embraced by the overwhelming majority not too long into his tenure, Steve wasn't fully embraced until he won the SB.

I think you let that internet influence your thoughts a bit too much, the little click of people still supporting our former QB are a fringe group of the fanbase, they're a small minority.

The 2 are only linked because people like you and Bryan Danielson continue to link them, as does shytty lazy writers like Lowell Cohen.

You are that fringe who still care about the guy one way or the other