Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I agree but in his defense he didn't have alot of time in the pocket.
this doesnt fly for todays game. anthony davis was ass, sure, but overall considering how good the panthers pass rush is, it wasnt terriawful

lots of those sacks were on kaep, especially the one at the very end of the game.

the problem is when people make that excuse all over. Ive seen raiders fans shyt on their oline after the kc game (10 sacks), when in reality, pryor was running like an idiot in the backfield against best pass rush in the league and getting dropped for huge losses :manny:

Daps
Id turn the page on much better qbs if they demand 15-20milly for a long term deal :manny:

Id even say kaep deserves no more than 10m right now. or 12 milly max on a short term deal

That's where i`m about at, i`d say 13 mil is his ceiling, he wants more i`d tell him to hit the bricks.

Harbaugh's ability to develop QB's is top notch, so unless Kaep really starts to show why he worth it, we need to be mindful of overpaying him.

Don`t wanna Flacco the organization and tie up a ton of money in a middle of the road QB

Daps
Right now we're a 6 seed, the only fun of that is if we stay there and win our wild card game we`d prolly be going to Seattle in the 2nd round, and while we 99% of the time will lose that game it would be a classic if we somehow won it

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you want me to write you a novel about every Glennon completion?

You're citing yardage and completely ignoring the fact that they play in different offenses. We run the fukking ball a lot more than the Bucs. The Bucs are down early and are required to pass the ball a shyt load more than Kaep. I mean, why even mention the yardage per game? It's silly. Glennon is a pocket passer, Kaep isn't. They run different offenses. Bucs have better pass catchers than we do. I don't understand the comparison.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
this doesnt fly for todays game. anthony davis was ass, sure, but overall considering how good the panthers pass rush is, it wasnt terriawful

lots of those sacks were on kaep, especially the one at the very end of the game.

the problem is when people make that excuse all over. Ive seen raiders fans shyt on their oline after the kc game (10 sacks), when in reality, pryor was running like an idiot in the backfield against best pass rush in the league and getting dropped for huge losses :manny:

I bring this up all the time. Outside of offensive lines why is it Brady, Manning and other strictly pocket passers gets sacked less often? :usure: It's pretty simple. They get rid of the ball.

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'm not making excuses for him. The nikka has a really shytty game. But there were definitely some plays where nikkas we're getting in without being touched(safety blitz was one if im not mistaken) its just poor offense. Gore needs to have at least 20 touches as well and Kap needs to build chemistry with other guys instead of relying on the same 2 nikkas every week :snoop:

Daps
You're citing yardage and completely ignoring the fact that they play in different offenses. We run the fukking ball a lot more than the Bucs. The Bucs are down early and are required to pass the ball a shyt load more than Kaep. I mean, why even mention the yardage per game? It's silly. Glennon is a pocket passer, Kaep isn't. They run different offenses. Bucs have better pass catchers than we do. I don't understand the comparison.

I`ll say this, Glennon went into Seattle and put up 24 points and two touchdowns, Kaep went into Seattle and shyt his pants, for the 2nd yeari n a row.

The comparison is the weapons argument is goofy, when there is guys doing more with less.

Glennon's line is worse, and as far as receivers go, I think Jackson is better than anyone we have and Davis is better than any TE or ther WR they have. So that's a scratch.

But like I said, I wasn't really trying to make this to a Glennon/Kaep thing, the comparison was simply to point out there is QB's playing better than him who have a lot less experience and talent around them

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm not making excuses for him. The nikka has a really shytty game. But there were definitely some plays where nikkas we're getting in without being touched(safety blitz was one if im not mistaken) its just poor offense. Gore needs to have at least 20 touches as well and Kap needs to build chemistry with other guys instead of relying on the same 2 nikkas every week :snoop:
yea that one with empty backfield was on oline AND playcalling.

heres the thing doe. we have no clue how to beat the blitz. none. we have zero short plays and no hot reads. thats on roman. this was evident after fist few games too

short passing, sltants, screens is such a huge part of the game today. guys like peyton, luck, brady, brees all rely on mostly short passes. shyt, I believe peyton is ass this year on long throw and basically dominates the league by dinking and dunking. if that situation happens and you have 3 guys into your face, the qbs know to dump it off on short routes because some guys are wide open due to blitz

right now teams KNOW if its a passing down theyll blitz, kaep will get shook and try to get outside. and athletic physical teams drop him for big loss outside. its painful to watch because I know its coming and we attempt zero things to try to combat that.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I bring this up all the time. Outside of offensive lines why is it Brady, Manning and other strictly pocket passers gets sacked less often? :usure: It's pretty simple. They get rid of the ball.

It will be :noah: trolling you when the Seahawks get bumped from the playoffs.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I have a real interest in what Kaepernick will demand in a contract, because right now, he deserves nothing over 13m to me.

I hope he steps it all up and becomes the guy he was in 2012 and we have to pay him fukking 20, but right now it just looks more and more like this is the real Kaep and last year he shined due to a new system which no one was expecting from us

Nope, still to early to tell. Worrying about his contract right now makes no sense as that will depend on how he plays next year. I can take one mediocre/bad season from a young QB, there's no doubt there are flaws to be concerned about and I have no issue with people pointing them out but saying "this looks like the REAL Kaep" is going a little too far.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Nope, still to early to tell. Worrying about his contract right now makes no sense as that will depend on how he plays next year. I can take one mediocre/bad season from a young QB, there's no doubt there are flaws to be concerned about and I have no issue with people pointing them out but saying "this looks like the REAL Kaep" is going a little too far.
eh we just got spoiled by him taking the league by storm against worse defenses. kaeps potential is still very high. but the problems arent resolving, so theres room for concern, definitely.

Daps

Yeah, I`ve seen Kaep run right into sacks plenty of times, his pocket presence is pretty shyttiy in my opinion

Daps

The reason I bring it up because this off-season was the first time we could even talk re-negotiating a new deal for him and a lot of fans thought we would do it cause to try and still get him for a decent price.

And I tend to be real cautious of players who flourish in new gimmicky systems, That;s why I have my concerns

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
eh we just got spoiled by him taking the league by storm against worse defenses. kaeps potential is still very high. but the problems arent resolving, so theres room for concern, definitely.

Pretty much. I am concerned too, but seeing as Kaep is young and still very green makes me more worried about out the coaching than him (at the moment). We keep having this "wake up calls" games and we keep shytting the bed when we are faced with the same obstacles, it's frustrating as fukk.