Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

TezMilli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MD via Brick City
The great thing is we're not going to break the bank and pay him...which will allow us to sign UFAs and keep our guys. It's not all that bad. I have no issue with slagging Kaep, but there are a lot of factors that are contributing to his play. None of us know what we have in him. I guess I was ready for down games, so these performances aren't that big of a letdown to me. I hate losing...but I'm aware that we lost a lot of guys, Kaep is very green and Roman is a clown.

Coaching staff does some real dumb shyt with this guy. We should have had him passing in preseason but he barely played as if he was Peyton out there. We're up big in games and we decide to stop throwing the ball in the 2nd half. He needs more reps, more weapons, better playcalling, better preparation.

Where are the QB friendly play calls? There were some slants with Alex...but they have disappeared this year. Screens? Non-existent.

I told another niner fan at work the same thing during the preseason and he kinda shrugged it off but I knew that was a bad idea from the start.

Kap needed those reps big time.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
hes not wrong. kaep is one of the biggest culprits why our pass offense sucks ass, only behind roman

It's all about perspective. This coaching staff has done Kaep no favors. Why shyt on Kaep and not say a single thing about Roman which IMO is the biggest problem with this O?

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
We can't expect to go anywhere in the playoffs with Kap playing as bad as he is. We can't have the worst passing attack but abandon the run as soon as we lose the lead. shyt is embarrassing :snoop:

I'm not giving up on Kap yet but he definitely needs to play more like he did last year if we're gonna make a serious run. With Seattle having that easy ass schedule we'll be fighting for a wildcard spot and maybe

facing them AT HOME in the playoffs :sadcam:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a real interest in what Kaepernick will demand in a contract, because right now, he deserves nothing over 13m to me.

I hope he steps it all up and becomes the guy he was in 2012 and we have to pay him fukking 20, but right now it just looks more and more like this is the real Kaep and last year he shined due to a new system which no one was expecting from us

If we want to commit to Kaep long term, there better be some changes at OC and personnel. You had all kinds of patience with the previous QB (almost a decade) but want to turn the page on Kaep after a year. :lolbron:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
We can't expect to go anywhere in the playoffs with Kap playing as bad as he is. We can't have the worst passing attack but abandon the run as soon as we lose the lead. shyt is embarrassing :snoop:

I'm not giving up on Kap yet but he definitely needs to play more like he did last year if we're gonna make a serious run. With Seattle having that easy ass schedule we'll be fighting for a wildcard spot and maybe

facing them AT HOME in the playoffs :sadcam:

Kaep can't play like he did last year much like RG3. That read option shyt is :camby: Linebackers and ends are looking to knock quarterbacks out. Kaep sucks in the pocket. RG3 is still struggling trying to figure it out. You have to be good in the pocket. You can't rely on read options. You need to go through your reads as a passer and Kaep is horrible at it.

Daps
If we want to commit to Kaep long term, there better be some changes at OC and personnel. You had all kinds of patience with the previous QB (almost a decade) but want to turn the page on Kaep. :lolbron:

See now you just telling lies w/ the trolling. We all turned on the previous QB, we all called for him to be benched numerous times. The hamster should be around for that proof.

I was on the Shaun Hill, Troy Smith bandwago, especially Shaun Hill.

I`m not willing to give up on him, if I was i`d be saying bench him. I`m saying we need to be real cautious about giving him a big deal if he doesn't start to show marked improvement because his greatest success came from a very circumstancial period of play (read option, pistol being a new look to everyone)

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I agree but in his defense he didn't have alot of time in the pocket. shyt needs to change or we'll see ourselves sinking in the wildcard race and out of the playoff hunt and we're just too good for that

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
If we want to commit to Kaep long term, there better be some changes at OC and personnel. You had all kinds of patience with the previous QB (almost a decade) but want to turn the page on Kaep after a year. :lolbron:
Id turn the page on much better qbs if they demand 15-20milly for a long term deal :manny:

Id even say kaep deserves no more than 10m right now. or 12 milly max on a short term deal

Daps
I agree but in his defense he didn't have alot of time in the pocket. shyt needs to change or we'll see ourselves sinking in the wildcard race and out of the playoff hunt and we're just too good for that

In his defense, a lot of QB's suffer 5-6 sack games.

They usually manage to throw for over 100 yards

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glennon's squad has zero wins, but he has what like 5 starts?

He got 1 less TD and 3 less picks and is sitting at about 225 a game.

This aint a Glennon vs. Kaep thread, it's just the frustation of watching a dude who was a God in the playoffs play worse than rookies on winless teams

Stats without context. Woot! Woot!

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the whole mentality of the coaching staff has to change

you cant go the whole game running and running then expect to win with the pass in the last couple of minutes

i mean the whole offense collapsed including the o-line, i really dont know where there going from here. i dont see how they can beat seattle by running vanilla pass plays when you know there gonna put up a 10 man front like last time

there needs to be a change at the o-cord spot or nothing will change, this was a replay of the colts and hawks game

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Id turn the page on much better qbs if they demand 15-20milly for a long term deal :manny:

Id even say kaep deserves no more than 10m right now. or 12 milly max on a short term deal

How much could he really ask for? He doesn't have much leverage. I'm pretty much with you on the salary. Need to be a contract where it doesn't handcuff us financially and we can bail if he burns out.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much could he really ask for? He doesn't have much leverage. I'm pretty much with you on the salary. Need to be a contract where it doesn't handcuff us financially and we can bail if he burns out.
if theres any positives to this year he cant ask for much more then 8-9 mil because he doesnt have the numbers to fall back on