Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's my big concern with him, while his passing isn't there (due to him, injuries/no real threats, and roman) it seems like he lost that composure that allowed him to shake off bad starts/early deficits. Dude threw a pick that turned into 7 on his opening drive against green bay in the playoffs and shook it off and came back out and balled...that Kaep isn't there. Maybe because he's had down numbers all year he simply has no belief in himself, but dude was like a machine last year and has shown no glimpse of that still being there

I don't know what it is, but he's without Moss, Ham, VD, Crabs...Ginn and Delanie. That's a lot of turnover right there. He has to get better but coaching has done him no favors.

Daps
that's my big concern with him, while his passing isn't there (due to him, injuries/no real threats, and roman) it seems like he lost that composure that allowed him to shake off bad starts/early deficits. Dude threw a pick that turned into 7 on his opening drive against green bay in the playoffs and shook it off and came back out and balled...that Kaep isn't there. Maybe because he's had down numbers all year he simply has no belief in himself, but dude was like a machine last year and has shown no glimpse of that still being there

That's what kills me, I saw a warrior last year. A fighter and a leader.

This year I see nothing of that. Today was a great example, got 1 min left, just need a FG, gets sacked, takes way too long to get the play set, throws a horrible pick.

Daps
hes not wrong. kaep is one of the biggest culprits why our pass offense sucks ass, only behind roman

shyt is like the fukking elephant in the room. The name we shall not mention.

fukk that, Kaepernick has been a scratch all season. The QB position has been a humongous let down and we just pose no threat through the air.

And this league is fukking designed to do work through the air.Look at a rook like Mike Glennon, there's no excuse for Kaepernick to be struggling so much

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's got 9 td's 6 pics and the lowest amount of passing yards per game.

He just put up another stinker at home, why should I have love for him? He's not playing well.

Outisde of the GB game this dude only has one game with over 200 yards passing, in this pass happy bullshyt ass league. At some point we're gonna have to pay this guy, and we need to seriously consider his value.

The great thing is we're not going to break the bank and pay him...which will allow us to sign UFAs and keep our guys. It's not all that bad. I have no issue with slagging Kaep, but there are a lot of factors that are contributing to his play. None of us know what we have in him. I guess I was ready for down games, so these performances aren't that big of a letdown to me. I hate losing...but I'm aware that we lost a lot of guys, Kaep is very green and Roman is a clown.

Coaching staff does some real dumb shyt with this guy. We should have had him passing in preseason but he barely played as if he was Peyton out there. We're up big in games and we decide to stop throwing the ball in the 2nd half. He needs more reps, more weapons, better playcalling, better preparation.

Where are the QB friendly play calls? There were some slants with Alex...but they have disappeared this year. Screens? Non-existent.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt is like the fukking elephant in the room. The name we shall not mention.

fukk that, Kaepernick has been a scratch all season. The QB position has been a humongous let down and we just pose no threat through the air.

And this league is fukking designed to do work through the air.Look at a rook like Mike Glennon, there's no excuse for Kaepernick to be struggling so much

Glennon's squad has 0 wins. You'd be in here crying bloody murder if Kaep was playing Glennon-like football and amassed 0 fukking wins.

Daps
I have a real interest in what Kaepernick will demand in a contract, because right now, he deserves nothing over 13m to me.

I hope he steps it all up and becomes the guy he was in 2012 and we have to pay him fukking 20, but right now it just looks more and more like this is the real Kaep and last year he shined due to a new system which no one was expecting from us

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He was fearless last season. Played with wreckless abandon and confidence. This year I don't see any of that. When something bad happens he'll hang his head a little bit.

Btw from what I remember Roman was the running game coordinator at Stanford. He didn't even handle their passing attack. So that may explain why the niners have struggled some in passing game under him.

Daps
Glennon's squad has 0 wins. You'd be in here crying bloody murder if Kaep was playing Glennon-like football and amassed 0 fukking wins.

Glennon's squad has zero wins, but he has what like 5 starts?

He got 1 less TD and 3 less picks and is sitting at about 225 a game.

This aint a Glennon vs. Kaep thread, it's just the frustation of watching a dude who was a God in the playoffs play worse than rookies on winless teams

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
roman is an assclown. I think we all established that.

problem is when those short-yardage plays do happen, its not like kaep aces them.

"So far this season he has struggled in the shorter passing areas, especially in between 0-9 yards where Kaepernick has graded out at -6.4 with a QB Rating of 82.9" - from pff

kaep needs to be heavily mentored, and I think coaches arent trying enough. if he isnt running, he shouldnt be trying to escape pressure by running outside. make him throw the ball away if youre trying to make him a pocket passer. he isnt amazing at throwing the ball on the run either. if hes running outside, basically he usually can only beat you with your legs. thats a proposition most teams will gladly take because while kaep can run, hes not elusive like someone like wilson.

I think the coaching really attempts no adjustments or anything. the fact that we STILL have trouble with getting plays off in time is showing. it might be the same on defensive side, but there we have shyttton more talent that usually prevails against shyttier teams.