Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, I`ve seen Kaep run right into sacks plenty of times, his pocket presence is pretty shyttiy in my opinion
I dont understand why too. he looked amazing against the bears in the pocket. dude was stepping up to avoid pressure and looking to throw the ball in that game. had that BEAUTIFUL pinpoint accuracy pass to kyle.

I was like, damn I havent seen our qb have that kind of pocket presence in years. and now I rarely see him ever step up this season to make a throw. still think that pick in seattle game got into his head.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont understand why too. he looked amazing against the bears in the pocket. dude was stepping up to avoid pressure and looking to throw the ball in that game. had that BEAUTIFUL pinpoint accuracy pass to kyle.

I was like, damn I havent seen our qb have that kind of pocket presence in years. and now I rarely see him ever step up this season to make a throw. still think that pick in seattle game got into his head.

His ego has taken a bit of a hit. RG3 looked great, too. It happens. Qbs get that wake up call, lose confidence and then stop going through progressions, staring down receivers, caught watching the pass rush....that shyt even happens to seasoned vets when they get rattled. My issue is we don't have the coaching staff that can simplify things for him and give him easy looks. We also don't have anyone that can stretch the field.

Not having him throw the ball in the preseason was frigging retarded.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont like bringing up shyt from boards, but a good post (wall of text tho) I pretty much agree with from wz:

I was going to post this rant in a different thread, but it is probably better off here.

I don't think the entire blame should fall on Roman's shoulders because the players have to play too. Kaepernick needs to keep his head up when teams are blitzing. This has become a pattern with him. If you get to him early, he starts watching the rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and trying to beat the blitz. Receivers need to catch the ball (MAINLY YOU VANCE MCDONALD!), and these penalties on offense that completely kill good drives need to stop (Holding on Davis, OPI on Boldin). When the game is tight, backs need to hold onto the ball. It seems that any time there is a tight game like this, the Niners can look back to a key fumble by a RB. I have seen Gore, Hunter, and James all do it at the most crucial part of a game.

But back to Greg Roman's offense. The things I saw today are really disappointing because I feel like we have watched the same type of game for three straight years. If you look back at every loss in the Harbaugh era, the games play out very similar. The Niners have lost a total of 12 games including playoffs. Looking back at the teams they have lost to: Cowboys, Ravens, Cardinals, Giants, Seahawks, Vikings, Rams, Colts, and now the Panthers; the majority of those games were lost because the other team showed up playing the same style of football, and beat the Niners doing it. The defense played well in most of those games, but the offense is what is the scary part. They have averaged just over 13 points per game.

The reason I have such a problem with Greg Roman is because it feels like there really is just no back up plan with the passing attack if it does not go how he expected in the film room. Obviously, I am not able to break down film to see what it is that is trying to be accomplished, but I do know that when you get into passing situations against defenses that have been bringing heavy pressure all game, the best way to expose that is to throw where they are not (pretty simple, right?). We have some of the most capable RBs in the league to throw to out of the backfield, but they are never used. We have two TEs that can move and out muscle smaller defenders, and we now have our receiving corps starting to get healthy. Why is it that the backs, and TEs not named Vernon Davis, are not used more creatively?

In passing situations, it seems like it is always the same. The offense sets up with either a read-option look with 3 backs, who are there solely to block, or it is an empty back set. On one hand, the defense knows that none of the backs are going to be big threats out of the backfield because there is almost ZERO film of that ever happening in three years. On the other hand, your receivers are running routes that take too long to develop, so you put your young QB in a position where he either has to make time to wait for one of his two receiving options to get open, or he takes a terrible sack. A lot of times, that happens on second down, which explains the terrible 3rd down conversion percentages.

As for Kap, I have seen a few things mentioned on this board that are very bothersome. First, I don't think I have ever seen him studying the previous drives on the sideline. This might be overstated, but if that is the case, then I do not know why the coaches do not have him doing this. Today when the Panthers sent pressure right in his face, he might have seen that it was coming from his right over and over, and maybe he finds a hole in the defense from where they just blitzed out of. Again, I could be wrong about that, but it does bother me that other QBs get better as the game goes on, and I never have any hope that ours is going to take us down the field with his arm in the game's last few minutes.

The second thing I saw mentioned was that the read option always has his eyes looking at the line instead of down field. I never noticed it before, but when they run the fake read-option pass plays, he is always staring down the end instead of looking downfield. In order to sell the read option fake, he has no choice but to look down, and I think that is really hindering his ability to make his downfield reads to the receivers. When he drops back and just throws, he can be lethal, but with that fake, he doesn't start looking downfield until the D-Line has already taken two steps toward him. To me, this is another fault of coaching calling plays to put him in that situation, but at the same time, I wonder if it is because they do not trust him to run a pro passing attack yet.

At this point, I think the most realistic thing the team can hope for is to get in as a wild card. It is clear that Seattle has complete control of the division, at this point. The only problem is that the Panthers are now a team in the hunt for the wild card, and the Niners just lost to them. I really wish next week was not in New Orleans.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
heres the real ugly

628x471.jpg

I hope this cac got spat on by the fans. way to support a player on your team faggit. prolly was chanting we want carr few years back too :pacspit:

Daps

It really is hard to stomach, how did he regress so much so quickly.

He runs into so many sacks just looking clueless, it's fukking hard to watch. Nervous is the best word that comes to mind, consistently nervous

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Gore had 4 carries in the second half after having 12 carries for 60 yards in the first half :mindblown:

wasnt it the same in the indy game after which Frankie shytted on Harbaugh ?

its hilarious how greg roman is regarded like a genius in the media tho :upsetfavre:

Daps
Not having him throw the ball in the preseason was frigging retarded.

You really think this is the problem?

It seems like a cheap excuse, he threw plenty of times in camp and last year, I really can't chalk this shyt up to him not getting a few more throws in meaningless pre-season g

Daps
heres the real ugly

628x471.jpg

I hope this cac got spat on by the fans. way to support a player on your team faggit. prolly was chanting we want carr few years back too :pacspit:

Yeah, this is corny shyt, but you`ll see more and more of it if we keep seeing Kaep struggle, it's just the way the fans do.

Truth is "WE WANT 2012 KAEP"

Daps
Gore had 4 carries in the second half after having 12 carries for 60 yards in the first half :mindblown:

wasnt it the same in the indy game after which Frankie shytted on Harbaugh ?

its hilarious how greg roman is regarded like a genius in the media tho :upsetfavre:

Same shyt I was thinking.

For everyone pouring praise on Carolina, I say fukk that, Gore was doing work early in the game and we could have won that game easily.

They played great D, but we didn't put up much of a fight in the 2nd half

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah, this is corny shyt, but you`ll see more and more of it if we keep seeing Kaep struggle, it's just the way the fans do.

Truth is "WE WANT 2012 KAEP"
thats what piece of shyt fans do. they want alex they can go be chiefs fans.

I will never, EVER shyt on a player during a game with a sign like that for everyone to see, even though I might hate the way that player plays (posting on forum is one thing and holding signs at stadium another)

fukking classless as shyt.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
aints game looking scary
actually Im still not scared. their offense will put up points but so will we. their D is a lot of worse than carolina D. they can be ran on and honestly they can be passed on. plus brees always has problems with us and middle of the field.

saints are also a team that usually cannot play physical football.

I actually expect either a W or a very close loss.

Daps
thats what piece of shyt fans do. they want alex they can go be chiefs fans.

I will never, EVER shyt on a player during a game with a sign like that for everyone to see, even though I might hate the way that player plays (posting on forum is one thing and holding signs at stadium another)

fukking classless as shyt.

It is, it's scumbag shyt.

I can't stand Kaep at this point, but I would never pull any shyt like that. Might as well root against the fukking guy.

There is zero reason to bring that negativity to the game, especially when we're fukking 6-2 going in, wanna bytch about a dudes performance after that's fine.