Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The Jets did us a huge favor by beating the Saints and Seattle is struggling with Tampa right now if we take care of biz we can end up with a top 2 seed and might end up with home field ..GB is the other team we gotta keep an eye on they have the easiest schedule out of us 4 but head to head we good

U have to win your division from Seattle in order to get that bye...

Its gonna be NFCW and NFCN team getting that #1 and #2 seed

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
U have to win your division from Seattle in order to get that bye...

Its gonna be NFCW and NFCN team getting that #1 and #2 seed

Possibly. I could see the saints getting a top 2 seed, also. It's not a forgone conclusion that the Packers are going to run the table. That Lions game is going to be tough, so is the Cowboys game and possibly the Eagles game depending on what Eagles show up. Steelers in Pittsburgh is no easy win either.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
You see the combined record of teams Carolina beat? It's pretty sad.

NYG 2-6
Minnesota 1-7
St Louis 3-6
Tampa 0-8
Atlanta 2-6

8-33

Carolina is suspect to me. Color me unimpressed

You can only play who's on your schedule.

Carolina is a run first team, though. Plus they just got Jonathan Stewart back, and he rushed 9 times for like 45 yards yesterday. I think this is going to be a tough game for the Niners, but with 2 weeks to prepare and plus us getting Manningham back we should come out on top. The threat of Manningham and Boldin should open up the middle for VD and the run game.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
That Bucs collapse + Seahawks win :mindblown:

Yeah...that was unbelievable, but I think it's more telling about the Seahawks.

There's no way Tampa should've been in that game. Seattle should've dominated from the beginning. You look at what the Niners do to lesser teams vs. what Seattle does to lesser teams, and you can tell that Seattle is just hanging on. They're finding ways to win, but they're doing this against bad teams. Against good teams, they're going to have serious problems.
That's why when they have to play the Saints and then go to SF to play the Niners will be telling.

But that's neither here nor there, if the Niners do what they need to do and keep wearing down these teams with the run, they'll be set up nicely to win the division.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah...that was unbelievable, but I think it's more telling about the Seahawks.

There's no way Tampa should've been in that game. Seattle should've dominated from the beginning. You look at what the Niners do to lesser teams vs. what Seattle does to lesser teams, and you can tell that Seattle is just hanging on. They're finding ways to win, but they're doing this against bad teams. Against good teams, they're going to have serious problems.
That's why when they have to play the Saints and then go to SF to play the Niners will be telling.

But that's neither here nor there, if the Niners do what they need to do and keep wearing down these teams with the run, they'll be set up nicely to win the division.

Yea. I been saying the Sehawks are a fraud (they're good, but not as good as the hype or record indicates) team our coaching staff just has no idea how to gameplan against them. If we can't beat them at the Stick then we really have to take a long hard look at the staff.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Yea. I been saying the Sehawks are a fraud (they're good, but not as good as the hype or record indicates) team our coaching staff just has no idea how to gameplan against them. If we can't beat them at the Stick then we really have to take a long hard look at the staff.

I think we'll beat them at the Stick. For all this talk about how hard it is to win in Seattle, they haven't won in San Francisco since 2007.
As long as we run the ball (I think Tampa Bay rushed for over 200 as a team yesterday) and control the LOS, we should be fine. It's when we try and pass the ball all over the field against them (like the last 2 games) that we lose.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think we'll beat them at the Stick. For all this talk about how hard it is to win in Seattle, they haven't won in San Francisco since 2007.
As long as we run the ball (I think Tampa Bay rushed for over 200 as a team yesterday) and control the LOS, we should be fine. It's when we try and pass the ball all over the field against them (like the last 2 games) that we lose.

Yea. We should always establish the run game early but Roman tends to have a lot of brainfarts and will call 3-4 pass plays in a row. D gotta be strong too cuz if the Seahawks force us into being a one dimensional team (pass happy) we're cooked.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Yea. We should always establish the run game early but Roman tends to have a lot of brainfarts and will call 3-4 pass plays in a row. D gotta be strong too cuz if the Seahawks force us into being a one dimensional team (pass happy) we're cooked.

I like what the Rams did against Seattle defensively when they basically stacked 8 in the box and made Wilson beat them. I think that's a sound strategy even now more so that they're receiving corp is lacking. Getting Harvin back will be a big boost, but if we get Wright up to speed our Secondary should be better than their receiving corps when we meet.
They'll also have both of their tackles back when we meet, too. Our pass rush will have to be relentless.

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
All i care about is getting in the playoffs you can't judge a team based off 9 games injuries happen, the weather changes, different things can happen. I think seattle will drop 2 or 3 more games plus there already banging lynch up which is all they have. I'm just worried about us getting healthy at the right time and we can make a run.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like what the Rams did against Seattle defensively when they basically stacked 8 in the box and made Wilson beat them. I think that's a sound strategy even now more so that they're receiving corp is lacking. Getting Harvin back will be a big boost, but if we get Wright up to speed our Secondary should be better than their receiving corps when we meet.
They'll also have both of their tackles back when we meet, too. Our pass rush will have to be relentless.

Los :damn:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Possibly. I could see the saints getting a top 2 seed, also. It's not a forgone conclusion that the Packers are going to run the table. That Lions game is going to be tough, so is the Cowboys game and possibly the Eagles game depending on what Eagles show up. Steelers in Pittsburgh is no easy win either.

Nah, i dont see it as that. Lions aint shyt. never have been and never will be. Cowboys are ass. Eagles suck even worse. And Steelers are a joke. Honestly the only way i can see us losing any more games from here on out is if our coach goes back to dumb ass play calling when we go full health. We have been running a true WCO since we dont have any deep threats at WR right now. That might change when Cobb and Jones are back. Top that off with a running game and D.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

NYG 2-6
Minnesota 1-7
St Louis 3-6
Tampa 0-8
Atlanta 2-6

8-33

Carolina is suspect to me. Color me unimpressed

Other than the packers, you guys haven't beaten any above .500 teams. You guys lost to both the colts and seahawks who the panthers almost beat themselves. The game is a toss up at this point, and carolina could win.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

We gotta blitz more, if we do that we should put Russell on his back, I mean even if we send 3 or 4 we're gonna get some pressure, but we gotta force him to make bad decisions, out DBs low key are better this year Carlos Rogers aside.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

NYG 2-6
Minnesota 1-7
St Louis 3-6
Tampa 0-8
Atlanta 2-6

8-33
while this is true, they seem like a bad matchup altogether. they have a good run D and while they did play some bum offenses, they allowed the least number of passing TDs and got tons of picks.

you know youre a good defense in this era when opposing qbs threw for 7 tds and 12 picks in 8 games against your squad