Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Honestly, who gives a fukk about Wilson? I really have no fear of the guy he is basically doing the game manager bit with a bit more excitement due to the scrambling.

I think Seattle really is badly over-rated, they are so much worse on the road that simply signifies the team isn't that great, they just have the best home field in all of sports
:heh: russ》》》》》》》》》》》》kaep

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
vernon hasnt been a factor in any of hawk games lately? is it the coverage or is he just being doubled because they dont respect the niners wrs?

We gotta lead off with the run game and that will spread the defense out, and give Vernon some space. When we played them earlier we tried to chuck our way to victory.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They are about the same.

This. Russ seems to get a lot of praise while Kaep gets bashed. He may be more polished than Kaep, but he's not better. Kaep will humble a lot of people. You'll see.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
vernon hasnt been a factor in any of hawk games lately? is it the coverage or is he just being doubled because they dont respect the niners wrs?
he got injured both times. I dont wanna say vd is soft but against good secondaries that can handle the speed and focus on him, vd is not that effective.

the seahags winning the games against us by out-muscling and putting fear on D, which is usually our MO

people overthink shyt when it comes to playing hags D in general. running the ball should always be the #1 thing, if anything the rams game showed it

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
he got injured both times. I dont wanna say vd is soft but against good secondaries that can handle the speed and focus on him, vd is not that effective.

the seahags winning the games against us by out-muscling and putting fear on D, which is usually our MO

people overthink shyt when it comes to playing hags D in general. running the ball should always be the #1 thing, if anything the rams game showed it

I totally agree. In both games in Seattle we were taken out of our strength and tried to become a heavily reliant passing team instead of a running team. Seattle has always been susceptible against the run and Frank has made a career of embarrassing them, but for some reason we got away from it. Hopefully when we play in Candlestick (Where Seattle hasn't won since 07, coincidentally) we'll stick to the ground game and wear them out.

I think this last game we were easy to defend because we weren't running the ball and our only other offensive receiving threat was Quan. This next game they'll at least have to respect Manningham in addition to Boldin. If Crabtree is there that'll be an added bonus and if what Harbs says about LMJ is true, that's another weapon out of the backfield that they'll have to possibly contend with IN ADDITION to Frank and the running game.
All that equals Vernon getting one on one coverage against either a safety or Bobby Wagner. Not easy matchups, but matchups he should win.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
i'm thinking that at first tank will be inactive as a healthy scratch until harbs turns him loose sometime around december/january

adding a fresh pass rusher for the stretch run will be huge

I don't think they cut Dobbs at all. He's been an important rotational player, plus I think he plays ST.

I also think that they don't cut Williams. I think they deactivate him going forward, though.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I totally agree. In both games in Seattle we were taken out of our strength and tried to become a heavily reliant passing team instead of a running team. Seattle has always been susceptible against the run and Frank has made a career of embarrassing them, but for some reason we got away from it. Hopefully when we play in Candlestick (Where Seattle hasn't won since 07, coincidentally) we'll stick to the ground game and wear them out.

I think this last game we were easy to defend because we weren't running the ball and our only other offensive receiving threat was Quan. This next game they'll at least have to respect Manningham in addition to Boldin. If Crabtree is there that'll be an added bonus and if what Harbs says about LMJ is true, that's another weapon out of the backfield that they'll have to possibly contend with IN ADDITION to Frank and the running game.
All that equals Vernon getting one on one coverage against either a safety or Bobby Wagner. Not easy matchups, but matchups he should win.

Exactly, I actually think if we run the ball like we're supposed to and get some underneath passes out there we can open things up for VD and Quan and Mario. The problem is Seattle defense is made up of very large physical corners and safeties, but if we wear them down with the run game, they will be gassed by the end of the 3rd quarter, you can kinda see that with the Rams game, when even Tayvon Auston started to get free despite his iffy route running. Either way the next game will be power vs. power and that the type of football I love, every yard will be precious and hard earned and we can do it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The rams were effectively scheming their wrs open with formations, I just wonder why roman doesn't do that?

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
The rams were effectively scheming their wrs open with formations, I just wonder why roman doesn't do that?

Rams also loaded 8 in the box when Seattle went 2 receivers and dared Wilson to beat them with his arm. It almost worked.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Rams also loaded 8 in the box when Seattle went 2 receivers and dared Wilson to beat them with his arm. It almost worked.

Thats the way teams are gonna play them from here on out. Without starting tackles, its essentially 3 or 4 dudes protecting Russel on any given play. Dude is getting sacked/hit 10 times a game or more. Russel is incredibly tough but he's gonna get hurt at this rate. In which case they got Tavaris Jackson as the backup. Also Seattle had to run those formations to get extra blockers for Wilson.