Not everything that glitters is GOLD: The Official 49ers 2013 Season Thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah...It wouldn't surprise me if Baldwin, Williams, and Nnamdi are on the block, too.

me neither. none of them figure to be in the team's long term plans

gonna be interesting to see if baalke can get anything for these guys. has any team ever had more than 15+ picks in the draft? it's very possible that we'll have around that many come May

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
me neither. none of them figure to be in the team's long term plans

gonna be interesting to see if baalke can get anything for these guys. has any team ever had more than 15+ picks in the draft? it's very possible that we'll have around that many come May
Even if we have that many, what are we gonna do with them all? I thought last draft they were gonna move up and down the board at will, but ended up drafting a lot more than anybody expected...it'll be interesting to see what happens

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even if we have that many, what are we gonna do with them all? I thought last draft they were gonna move up and down the board at will, but ended up drafting a lot more than anybody expected...it'll be interesting to see what happens

whatever we want

i can almost guarantee you that we'll address our needs early and trade up to get a top flight WR and CB at the very least while setting up to have 10+ picks again for the 2015 draft. having all this ammo is a good problem to have imo

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
with wright coming back nnamdi is expendable, or at least is viewed so by vic imo. Im not a huge fan of brock/wright style of play cuz they gamble a lot and I still feel nnamdi is decent as a cover db, but I guess all those missed tackles didnt help his cause

at this point I think we can cut KW and not lose much. while I never liked dixon seems like hes improved and hes a beast on ST and in locker room
I would be for trading LMJ, its clear that this team is not a fit and he doesnt have much of a future with us.
also feels like we barely play celek...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think if we use the Pistol more Kaepernick would be more successful. Especially with the lack of viable receiver options. I think the Jacksonville game shows we gotta let him loose. We put him in positions where he has to be a traditional pocket QB and it doesn't play to his strengths, that being said he is improving, or that's what I hope because he is going to have to win with his arm once we get to the Panthers game. Also keep in mind getting Manningham back is huge because his speed makes defenses have to pay attention to him.

I don't think we're gonna make any big trades, outside of trading for draft picks. I don't think the front office wants to get a WR since he 3 guys coming back over the next few weeks and we'll have a log jam at the position. I think Kyle Williams will be cut. I think we trade Dixon and I think Nnamdi gets cut as teams know he's on the bubble and we won't need him and can be acquired for dirt cheap. I would rather trade James though, his value is a lot higher and he's just not being used in our offense but whatever.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think if we use the Pistol more Kaepernick would be more successful. Especially with the lack of viable receiver options. I think the Jacksonville game shows we gotta let him loose. We put him in positions where he has to be a traditional pocket QB and it doesn't play to his strengths, that being said he is improving, or that's what I hope because he is going to have to win with his arm once we get to the Panthers game. Also keep in mind getting Manningham back is huge because his speed makes defenses have to pay attention to him.

I don't think we're gonna make any big trades, outside of trading for draft picks. I don't think the front office wants to get a WR since he 3 guys coming back over the next few weeks and we'll have a log jam at the position. I think Kyle Williams will be cut. I think we trade Dixon and I think Nnamdi gets cut as teams know he's on the bubble and we won't need him and can be acquired for dirt cheap. I would rather trade James though, his value is a lot higher and he's just not being used in our offense but whatever.
I agree with all of this

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE

I agree with Williams being cut, but I think that happens after Crabtree comes back. I still think Williams projects as a #3, and he can be that once Manningham comes back. They'll probably IR Patton and initially cut Moore.
As far as CB, I could see them letting go either Nnamdi or Perrish Cox. I'm not sure if Cox plays Special Teams now, but if he does then he probably stays and Nnamdi goes.
With LMJ, I doubt they try and move him at all. They're trying to jettison Dixon because they know that he's not in their long term plans and he's in a contract year. With that being said, losing Dixon will hurt because he's one of the glue guys of the team. However, LMJ's talent >>> Dixon's talent and the coaching staff/front office is going to find ways to get a 2nd round pick onto the field.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so the deadline came and went with no trades made

in other news, the Tank has officially been activated :youngsabo:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I guess we are happy with the team as is, and I guess that makes sense, any position of need we could have traded for we have reinforcements that are coming back.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im surprised dobbs wasnt cut for tank, depth on the d-line is defiantly improving

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im surprised dobbs wasnt cut for tank, depth on the d-line is defiantly improving

i'm thinking that at first tank will be inactive as a healthy scratch until harbs turns him loose sometime around december/january

adding a fresh pass rusher for the stretch run will be huge

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Im not, dobbs been getting plenty of snaps at RE to keep Justin fresh, and hasnt been bad. who knows what condition tank is in.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
with wright coming back nnamdi is expendable, or at least is viewed so by vic imo. Im not a huge fan of brock/wright style of play cuz they gamble a lot and I still feel nnamdi is decent as a cover db, but I guess all those missed tackles didnt help his cause

at this point I think we can cut KW and not lose much. while I never liked dixon seems like hes improved and hes a beast on ST and in locker room
I would be for trading LMJ, its clear that this team is not a fit and he doesnt have much of a future with us.
also feels like we barely play celek...

Get Kyle Williams the fukk outta here. :camby: