Not a single black talent scheduled on the Summerslam card?

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
NXT is literally the blackest wrestling show in the game right now(my personal favorite show). HBK knows what he’s doing. He’s got characters, stories and good wrestling from start to finish. HHH booking is overrated as fukk
Imagine believing one is racist but not the other when they’re close in real life:wow:

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Besides bobbly Lashley leaving and wasting his goatness I’m not hoping on this train

This one of those takes you guys took from one of those random on Twitter or fb lol

I’m going to enjoy Summerslam it’s a fire card
Emotions and agendas running wild. There’s a few Aew Stans in here taking jabs

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Emotions and agendas running wild. There’s a few Aew Stans in here taking jabs
I agree with @OneDeep wwe needs to do a better job at putting black wrestlers in engaging storylines that will get them on the card. hHH is doing a horrible job with that

But from these posts to what I see on X it sounds like black wrestlers should be on the card every month for “representation” instead of being in a great storyline

To me that sounds like a slippery slope. It gives others from different backgrounds to be like, well what about us? At that point we gonna have Asians and gays and whoever on every card for representation instead of wrestlers being on the card because of the story

At least that’s how im taking these posts. I’m not trying to come off a certain way because I don’t think I’m articulating myself well here tbh

But tldr; wwe needs to be better but I’m not upset because the card is good

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I'm thinking they'll add a preshow match.

c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI
Imagine believing one is racist but not the other when they’re close in real life:wow:
I’m not calling either racist. Idk how true it is but I stand on HHH being overrated. NXT is just a better and more diverse show. Last week’s episode opened with three black men in a segment in the ring. When has that ever happened on raw or Smackdown? I’m just giving Shawn his credit for being a great booker that’s using his roster very well :yeshrug:

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I just checked wiki. The most recent Summerslam not to feature a black talent was 2014.

However even that show had a lumberjack match and look at the lumberjacks :laugh:

Here's the card:

Results​

[edit]
(c) – the champion(s) heading into the match
P – the match was broadcast on the pre-show
No.ResultsStipulationsTimes[18]
1PRob Van Dam defeated CesaroSingles match[29]8:06
2Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship[30]7:57
3Paige defeated AJ Lee (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE Divas Championship[31]4:55
4Rusev defeated Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) by technical submissionFlag match[32]9:01
5Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose by pinfallLumberjack match[Note 1][33]10:55
6Bray Wyatt defeated Chris Jericho by pinfallSingles match[34]12:53
7Stephanie McMahon defeated Brie Bella by pinfallSingles match[35]11:06
8Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton by pinfallSingles match[36]16:30
9Brock Lesnar defeated John Cena (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship[37]16:05

The lumberjacks were: Big E, Bo Dallas, Cesaro, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Luke Harper, R-Truth, Rob Van Dam, Ryback, Sin Cara, Stardust, and Titus O'Neil.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't want to speak on Montez Ford or Lashley in this specific thread as it pertains mostly to this year's SummerSlam... but I am wondering what the plan is for Bianca and Jade. They lose the titles and then there's a couple hints in there of dissension on TV so it made me think "ok, a turn is coming relatively soon.." but then they stopped the little hints..

I think they will likely get the straps back soon, maybe at SummerSlam, but it feels like they are treading water right now.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I just checked wiki. The most recent Summerslam not to feature a black talent was 2014.

However even that show had a lumberjack match and look at the lumberjacks :laugh:

Here's the card:

Results​

[edit]
No.ResultsStipulationsTimes[18]
(c)– the champion(s) heading into the match
P– the match was broadcast on the pre-show
1PRob Van Dam defeated CesaroSingles match[29]8:06
2Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship[30]7:57
3Paige defeated AJ Lee (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE Divas Championship[31]4:55
4Rusev defeated Jack Swagger (with Zeb Colter) by technical submissionFlag match[32]9:01
5Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose by pinfallLumberjack match[Note 1][33]10:55
6Bray Wyatt defeated Chris Jericho by pinfallSingles match[34]12:53
7Stephanie McMahon defeated Brie Bella by pinfallSingles match[35]11:06
8Roman Reigns defeated Randy Orton by pinfallSingles match[36]16:30
9Brock Lesnar defeated John Cena (c) by pinfallSingles match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship[37]16:05

The lumberjacks were: Big E, Bo Dallas, Cesaro, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Erick Rowan, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Luke Harper, R-Truth, Rob Van Dam, Ryback, Sin Cara, Stardust, and Titus O'Neil.
10 years ago already! :damn: :flabbynsick:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was Roman Reigns 1st singles match on PPV as well.
Time flies brehs!