Nore and a bunch of others discuss Nas, Jay-Z and Biggie and who is best

Daps
Big>Nas>Jay

Nas was a better lyricist than all of them especially when they were all alive. Jay’s lyrical excellence, influence & longevity goes without saying.

I give it to Biggie over Nas because in real time it was Ready To Die that dominated while illmatic was celebrated

For all of the superlatives associated with illmatic Nas wanted more because he saw how Big panned out. I don’t want to hear about Puffy’s influence on Big because Big was the one who was writing hits for himself & others.

By the time Nas caught his first big hit Biggie had several and they came out basically the same time. Big had all the flows and that simply wasn’t Esco’s bag. Big could rap over shyt from any region & mesh well. Nas didn’t do much venturing out in his prime.

Big made Kim into a national star
Nas never accomplished that
Jay? Depending on who you ask he didn’t accomplish that until Ye...or even Rihanna or J Cole

I can’t say that Jay was better than Big because everything Jay would attempt Big brought to fruition for all to see

Had the hits
Had the memorable guest appearances
Had the star protege (Kim)
Had the group success
Had the team in place (cam, charli etc)
Had the clothing line ready to go (didn’t get a chance to push of course)

Big #1 for me by a hair over Nas

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Had the hits
Had the group success

Not arguing your ranking but what does any of the bolded have to do with being a better rapper?

Daps
Not arguing your ranking but what does any of the bolded have to do with being a better rapper?

The clothing line & label certainly doesn’t. In some instances people allow Jay’s success to cloud their judgment in how they evaluate. The point of what I was saying was Big was doing every single thing Jay went on to do accept with the instant success that alluded Jay and significantly younger than when Jay got things going on that level. I mention Kim because he was writing for her. Kim had the presence & image but artistically she was Big’s vehicle to get the female demo

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Does Nore ever chime in? Cause when that one nikka said Nas witnessed it from his windows vs Biggie I for sure thought Nore was gonna check him on that. If we keepin it a buck Nas was hangin in the streets more than Biggie and thats even after he blew up.

Exactly Nas is more street than Big.

Nas best friends were killas, Bigs best friends were fakkits, :mjlol:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is/was way better. Biggie probably would agree with me...hence his shock when he won Lyricist of the Year over Nas that one year, he knew it was BS, :laugh:

You're from Queens, cut it out.

Nas better then Big, in what world:mjlol:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Big>Nas>Jay

Nas was a better lyricist than all of them especially when they were all alive. Jay’s lyrical excellence, influence & longevity goes without saying.

I give it to Biggie over Nas because in real time it was Ready To Die that dominated while illmatic was celebrated

For all of the superlatives associated with illmatic Nas wanted more because he saw how Big panned out. I don’t want to hear about Puffy’s influence on Big because Big was the one who was writing hits for himself & others.

By the time Nas caught his first big hit Biggie had several and they came out basically the same time. Big had all the flows and that simply wasn’t Esco’s bag. Big could rap over shyt from any region & mesh well. Nas didn’t do much venturing out in his prime.

Jay? Depending on who you ask he didn’t accomplish that until Ye...or even Rihanna or J Cole

I can’t say that Jay was better than Big because everything Jay would attempt Big brought to fruition for all to see

Had the hits
Had the group success

Big turned in ready to die with zero hits. Then puffy art directed every single hit record on that album. So you can’t say “I don’t wanna hear about puffy’. That’s why big has hit records puff daddy, period.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Big>Nas>Jay

Had the hits
Had the group success

Nas had the firm
Had the clothing line Willie. Esco
Had foxy. Brown who shyts on charli Baltimore
Firm went plat just like junior mafia
Nas introduced as, cormega,nature, Dave east, nashawn, and most of queens ridge in the 90’s IJS

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Big turned in ready to die with zero hits. Then puffy art directed every single hit record on that album. So you can’t say “I don’t wanna hear about puffy’. That’s why big has hit records puff daddy, period.

Agreed.

Big went from "Party and Bullshyt, to "Ready to Die."

He wanted to write an illmatic type album but Diddy wanted him to be the east coast answer to what the west was thriving from.

Diddy, son of a bytch that he is, had a crucial role in all of Christopher Wallace's success.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Big>Nas>Jay

Had the hits
Had the group success

Exactly. Big came out the gates with the success & put it all together as a rookie. Put Kim & his crew on & wrote those hits & turned Puff into who he is today. None of them saw that kind of success when he was alive because he was that nikka

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Exactly. Big came out the gates with the success & put it all together as a rookie. Put Kim & his crew on & wrote those hits & turned Puff into who he is today. None of them saw that kind of success when he was alive because he was that nikka
:what: Nas sold damn near Triple Plat while Biggie was alive. U buggin out. Lol. Biggie had the benefit of having great mentors around him(Pac) and a great businessman and executive producer in Puff. Learned from what had came before him and adjusted. Party and Bullshyt ain’t do shyt for him whatsoever.

Daps
Nas had the firm
Had the clothing line Willie. Esco
Had foxy. Brown who shyts on charli Baltimore
Firm went plat just like junior mafia
Nas introduced as, cormega,nature, Dave east, nashawn, and most of queens ridge in the 90’s IJS

This reads like a joke
The Firm was a gross dissapointment...surely you know that (GOAT Producer, Nas in his prime, AZ in his prime, Foxy in his prime....it was a dud)
Nas was a Willie Esco model...Willie Esco was NEVER that serious
Mega, Nature, Dave East & Nashawn have sold less records than Kim did in two albums

Be Serious If You Care To :russ: