Nore and a bunch of others discuss Nas, Jay-Z and Biggie and who is best

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Nas would be #1 just based off him being nicer than Biggie back when he was alive (which is subjective) and defeating Jay in they’re battle :yeshrug:. Illmatic being a game changer and influencing so many rappers.

Jay Z clearly has the best overall career and success of any rapper ever and has classic albums but he borrowed so many of Biggies rhymes and has a L on record, plus having some duds in his catalog I’ll have to put him 3rd.

And Biggie even though he died way too early, his impact, skills and having 2 classic albums that are timeless I’ll have to put him ahead of Jay.

1. Nas
2. Biggie
3. Jay Z

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how/why Biggie is mentioned with Nas and Jay-z in 2021. No disrespect to Big of course, Big was super nice...but Nas and Jay-z are 25+ year career, Mount Rushmore icons, it doesn't make sense to put Biggie in their league. In 1994 -1997 it made sense. If Biggie wasn't taken from us after only a 2 and a half year career then maybe...but now we're speaking hypotheticals. I got Nas >>> Jay-z >>> Biggie...but if you have Jay-z over Nas I aint trippin.

The "who had the best debut" debate is good tho, I got Illmatic >>> RTD >>> RD... I like RD more than RTD but RTD is a better project.

LAD was better than RTD and RD, imo.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Only truly listened to Illmatic and Stillmatic to.keep it all the way a thousand tho.

Www9uT4.jpg

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
it depends on what we talking about. the most well-rounded artist of the 3 is biggie. he would win if you asked every region.

personal preference i take nas. especially where i'm at in my life currently i find myself understanding his music more and more as i get older.