Noomi Rapace will not reprise her role as Elizabeth Shaw in Alien: Covenant

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I agree. But one of the best performances in the history of the genre? That's what I'm skeptical about. He was easily the best thing about the movie tho
I'm not mad at it,you missed my edit but he was even nominated for some awards for that role and pretty much every review gave him overwhelming praise.

Dudes acting like he said something completely insane. Hell,promoetheus in a lot of ways introduced fassbender on a much wider scale in the mainstream. I know personally its the film that made me really take notice of him as an actor.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm not mad at it,you missed my edit but he was even nominated for some awards for that role and pretty much every review gave him overwhelming praise.

Dudes acting like he said something completely insane.

I think it's a stretch to say he had one of the best performances in the history of the genre. Great, but one of the greatest? Now i feel like we need everyone to put their cards on the table, show the receipts and name some great performances

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I think it's a stretch to say he had one of the best performances in the history of the genre. Great, but one of the greatest? Now i feel like we need everyone to put their cards on the table, show the receipts and name some great performances
*waits for pinned Marty thread*

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I think people are letting their personal opinions and emotion towards Prometheus as a film to cloud their judgement towards his performance.

You can seperate the two,and I don't think people are.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think people are letting their personal opinions and emotion towards Prometheus as a film to cloud their judgement towards his performance.

You can seperate the two,and I don't think people are.

I am. He is awesome in the movie. I'm not a fan of the movie at all but he is incredible. Im saying for me, when I think of great Sci fi performances, I'm not sure he cracks the top 10 and its definitely not one I think of first. But you're right, cats on here have a problem with cognitive dissonance

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I haven't thought about a list but he could easily be top 10. All the haters need to check themselves and go rewatch the movie focusing on his performance. Without fassbender the film would be nothing in my eyes.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ripley
Deckard
Rutger Hauer
Neo
Terminator
Bruce Willis 12 monkeys
Ethan Hawke gattaca
Tom cruise minority report
Fassbender - David
James earl Jones - vader

Don't see how fassbender is out of place here. I mean, it's a little niche but I could've easily put Sam Rockwell for moon which is a little niche as well

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It common on this board to overstate performances and films as "amazing" and "goat worthy" etc. It gets out of hand somtimes. Mainly it's just people letting their stannery get in the way.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ripley
Deckard
Rutger Hauer
Neo
Terminator
Bruce Willis 12 monkeys
Ethan Hawke gattaca
Tom cruise minority report
Fassbender - David
James earl Jones - vader

Don't see how fassbender is out of place here. I mean, it's a little niche but I could've easily put Sam Rockwell for moon which is a little niche as well

I'd take him out and put Russell in The Thing which is a really great performance OR Hugo Weaving's performance in the matrix. And don't forget Heston in Planet of the Apes which is a great great performance.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'd take him out and put Russell in The Thing which is a really great performance OR Hugo Weaving's performance in the matrix
Yeah but then you could argue taking out Ethan Hawke or Rutger Hauer, but it's at least a top15 and could be argued a top10. If it was a better liked movie, even though his performance would be the same it would elevate the perception

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It common on this board to overstate performances and films as "amazing" and "goat worthy" etc. It gets out of hand somtimes. Mainly it's just people letting their stannery get in the way.
Except we are talking about a performance that literally got universal acclaim.