Albums Noname - Room 25 (Discussion Thread)

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
I fw most of this. I like the live instrumentation a lot.

She does to turn her vocals a bit....shyt be a lil too low and delivery come out a lil garbled.

Havent checcd for her b4 but this is a solid release

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I fw most of this. I like the live instrumentation a lot.

She does to turn her vocals a bit....shyt be a lil too low and delivery come out a lil garbled.

Havent checcd for her b4 but this is a solid release
Check out Telefone...if you like this latest one, you'll love that one

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Check out Telefone...if you like this latest one, you'll love that one

Tbh i only like this one....it gets a lil :russell: in spots. Coulda used a couple uptempo jonts to break up the monotony plus her delivery gets a lil too lax.

Almost like a female Isaiah Rashad

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
I’ve never listened to her outside of a few features she’s done for smino and saba. outside of that, this wasn’t for me. it wasn’t bad don’t get me wrong but, the spoken word aspect of it isn’t for me. the features did well though

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I like the album a lot but I don't think it's AOTY. I don't keep lists or even remember what dropped in 2018, but if I did it would probably make my Top 10..

If I had to give AOTY it's CARE FOR ME. No News Is Good News is up there too, but I listen to way too much from way too many years/eras/genres to even begin/bother with best of years and lists etc.
And Room 25 is a better album than Care for Me and No News Is Good News. Keep flip flopping though..

Room 25 is AOTY.

Last edited:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
This album is extremely beautiful. I enjoy playing it, growing on new things I missed off the first playthrough.

Only issue so far is her vocals. Her vocals are amazing. Soft touch with a lot of impact. She raps, very effortlessly. Only problem is that some of the instruments are out beating her in some songs. It literally makes it hard for the listener to understand what she's rapping as she speeds up, going in, like on the first song of the album.

That definitely puts a damper on the experience on the album as a whole for me since the whole idea is to hear her rap over a production instead of fighting it.

Other than that, I really enjoy the album.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah sis, I'm not trying to turn my speakers up to 100 just to hear what you're saying.

Her vocals volume is a fair critique, especially on this release. This was even more evident on tracks with other artists...I can clearly hear the guests, but struggle to hear her

:camby:
I like her but this album was not engaging to me. I don't mind the soft sing songy Raps. In comparison I threw Saba's album on after this and there was so much more fire even though they both do some similar things.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The circle jerk going on in here is really hilarious. Room 25 is a better album than Care For Me from start to finish. Yeah, women can make better music than men. I dunno why it’s hard to accept that. It’s even being reviewed and talked about more too. I like both albums (yeah that’s not common either on The Coli) but anyone who truly knows music would know what’s up. It’s very sad that y’all have to come in here to shyt on the music I like to bring up another album who’s thread y’all can post in instead.

GoldenGlove just like to try to ruin my threads because he’s miserable. Yes the truth hurts.